It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello,
Thanks for the point well taken.
IMO, it's pure laziness, and theft to post a whole page of someone else's stuff. It's way easier to post a link to the page one gets their mojo to post in the first place. I've seen it done, I'm even guilty, I confess.

Claiming I was lazy, or in a hurry or making any excuse for it what-so-ever is unacceptable. You won't see me committing this stupid act again. Deny ignorance!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Am fairly new to ATS, but I do notice a lot of deception goes on here. Does not help anybody.
So have you sent U2Us to the offenders or will you be sending in the future?
A few examples would help.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I've got a question.

I have made a thread what almost only is including work from another author.

It is only written in Dutch. I had / have to translate it to English using my own limited understanding / vocabulary. The need to use my own words is nescesarry to mix up almost all sentences to make it look like English.

Is a quote tag also required in this case ?

Take a look for yourself. The world as a hostage. Part 2

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It looks okay.

Springer...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thank you.
For the quick response.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Im curious why quoting the entire article is bad and then giving the link underneath to said article and then giving your 2 cents in reply is a bad thing? I would like to think that the readers would rather have the full article laid out in front of them instead of having to click links to get to the article.

So in other words:

-Quote full Article-

-Link to article-

-Reply with your own 2 cents-

Is bad? If so, why? You are both quoting the article in full and in turn showing where it came from via the link to show that its someone elses work and not yours and then you are replying giving your own 2 cents about the article. I dont see the plagiarism in this case nor do I see anything wrong with that method, sorry.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
bumped to remind members about this important message.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am trying to understand what I did wrong on a thread I created. I went to the links the Mod provided, but I am having trouble figuring out exactly what the problem was.
Can anyone give me a pin point description? And how to correct the problem?

Thank you.

Link To My Thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Deleting duplicate post.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowRamesses

You have a message about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Are there any videos I could watch to give me a better understand of how to actually post correctly?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't know any of these videos talks about that, but you can watch (if haven't done it yet) the video tutorials.

I hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I would like to suggest that possibly we are allowed more than to quote 3 paragraphs.

Three paragraphs on a important issue is not enough to really give the true reflection of it's content as well as most people reading the posts are too darn lazy to seek out the knowledge themselves and most won't bother to go to the link provided. That is the key issue here, most people just aren't willing to really do the research.

With just three paragraphs, nobody is going to wake up.

Three paragraphs is just not enough in MHO.

My post of Question: Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on? is a good exsample.

Could the powers that be on ATS possibly consider just another 3 (6) paragraphs, please?

Thank you.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This thread needs to come around at least once every 3 months, impo... it`s not THAT hard to give credit. Just one little sentence waaaaay down at the bottom...not too much to ask for. Is it?
By the way if this is about plagiarism why is there so much emphasis on how many paragraphs? I don`t really want anyone to plagiarize any paragraphs without credit. If there`s credit, go ahead and make a 10 paragraph thread about it, lol!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This is NOT PLAGIARISM since I quote MY OWN WORK!!!
Refers to www.abovetopsecret.com... "Off Topic Post"!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Darn no "Mark Springer" Ban Hammer.

RT sighs and goes back to work.

The good old days.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You speak latin? amazing.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

You speak latin? amazing.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
SO & Springer,

Agree on the seriousness of the problem, and the to me simple and clear directions.

As a suggestion for the external quotes how about having a entry where one has to place the source link information or reference data (author, publisher, etc.) in a separate entry like on the breaking news page. If this isn't entered then the thread or reply won't submit.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

ok thanks i was wondering how that was done i will do that from now on, some times it get it to things seem easy then turn out not to be , and then get sidetracked.
edit on 23-2-2011 by bekod because: word corection

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join