It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap Monday Jeans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipside
I people choose to wear them it is their own choice. However my opinion is that if someone wants to wear something that is offensive and they offend me they might just get their ass kicked over it. Not condoning violence but the whole offend as many people as you can its cool has got to stop. The jackass mentality is fun to watch on screen but there is no place in society for such a self centered mentality. Maybe Christians need to be more violent, remember the story about Jesus in the temple smashing stuff and calling it a den of theives? Well in some situations violence is condoned by Christianity and those who follow need to get out of the lazy boy comfort zone and start bashing some heads. I am not a violent person by any means but if your intent is to offend my intent is to hurt you in the most peaceful manner posible.

ROFLMAO, Like Christians HAVEN'T been violent in the past? All four crusades, all the witch trails, not to mention just plain murders in the name of god?

I say, if you offend that easily at a symbol, and you fight someone physically over it, your doing a piss poor job following your religion.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

However my opinion is that if someone wants to wear something that is offensive and they offend me they might just get their ass kicked over it. Not condoning violence ...

So... it's your opinion that if I do something that offends you, even if I don't touch you or hurt anyone, it's ok for you to get physical and kick my ass?

I am not a violent person by any means but if your intent is to offend my intent is to hurt you in the most peaceful manner posible.

You're not a violent person, but you'll kick somebody's ass for wearing maybe a shirt that says something that you don't like? Or has a symbol that you choose to take offense at? And you're not a violent person???

That pretty much blows me away.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Dang straight. Pain is pain physical or mental. Don't start nothing won't be nothing. Offending someone is a mental/emotional attack which in some situations needs to be dealt with.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Dang straight. Pain is pain physical or mental. Don't start nothing won't be nothing. Offending someone is a mental/emotional attack which in some situations needs to be dealt with.

So... I'm offended by those Jesus T-shirts I've seen people wearing. They're really a pain to me. I hate those things and I'm offended that people try to spread their religion all around by wearing them. So, next time I see one, it would be ok (by your way of life) to jump on the jerk and kick his ass?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

However my opinion is that if someone wants to wear something that is offensive and they offend me they might just get their ass kicked over it. Not condoning violence ...

I will like to see you doing that in the streets I bet you will get your time in jail for assault.

If the person that you kick don't get you before the police will

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
No officer, I swear, he attacked me with his eyes and his shirt, so I had to gut him like a fish and hang him in the rafters of my basement. I was defending myself.

Anybody offended by a pair of jeans to the point of beating a person to a pulp who wears them, even if they just walk by, needs to get help.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If the Christian shirt was designed to offend people and it was worn anyways then hey its a ballgame. Point is this is a country founded on God and Satanic/Athiest propoganda should not be tolerated. Its in the context of where you are like I stated before. Similar to a person going into a rival gang's teritory wearing the wrong colors. People die everyday over it, so why should Satanists/Athiests be tolerated supporting the other side in a Christian society. Profit Vs. Loss, the decision is whether or not the price is too high or if it may infact be worth it.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I would like to see Minaret spiked heels,
and inslamabags for the women..

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If the Christian shirt was designed to offend people and it was worn anyways then hey its a ballgame. Point is this is a country founded on God and Satanic/Athiest propoganda should not be tolerated. Its in the context of where you are like I stated before. Similar to a person going into a rival gang's teritory wearing the wrong colors. People die everyday over it, so why should Satanists/Athiests be tolerated supporting the other side in a Christian society. Profit Vs. Loss, the decision is whether or not the price is too high or if it may infact be worth it.

The country wasn't founded on god, it was founded on free expression, free speech, and free religion. If they want to make a statement, no matter how dumb it may be, it's theyre right as Americans to do so.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Point is this is a country founded on God and Satanic/Athiest propoganda should not be tolerated.

You obviously missed your government class on the day they talked about a little thing called the Constitution.

This country was not 'founded on God', whatever that means. Who told you that? And free speech is a right of all of the people who live here.

Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

emphasis added

If people attacked other people every time they were offended, (which is a subjective thing), we'd have chaos in the streets.

Sticks and stones ...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Flipside, to get angry in a positive way is good, but we must not be like the world. In the world they do that stuff such as beating people up and so on. But jesus gave us even greater power to use which is from your heart. When you react with shouts for holy justice, they come, and then they feed, and all of the past sins of leaders who said they were Christians but were not get barfed up again.

Yes, Jesus overturned the tables of the maneychangers and used the whip on them, but it was aimed at so called believers who were selling forgiveness offerings. Jesus however, gave himself up the the worldly ones to be beaten, tortured, and nailed to a cross for nine hours while they watched and mocked.

The jeans are offensive to Christians, yes. But the world could care less. We must always be patient. Someday, people will come and beat you for the Jesus t-shirt you have on because we offend them.

Don't give them stuff they can feed on. I know you mean well but they don't understand why you are upset.

Fromabove

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
People religion is a matter of faith and as such is only on the eye of the beholder.

So be careful how you used your religion and faith to claim rights to get away with violence.

If you don't like what you see as long as its not outside the laws of our Nation just turn your face the oner way.

Confrontations base in ideologies will leave you nowhere.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Religion is not faith. Religion is a system dedicated to rules and structure for the benefit of the member. Faith is an action word and should be directed to God alone. I will admit though that some do put their faith in religion.

Fromabove

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Statements made by a true American that has apparently no idea the principles this country was founded on. Also, spoken by a person who apparently does not know the tenets of Christianity.

I sense you need to volunteer for a tour in Iraq. That way you can follow your "moral" boy George.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Seriously, at the end of the day it is just a piece of clothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater

Statements made by a true American that has apparently no idea the principles this country was founded on. Also, spoken by a person who apparently does not know the tenets of Christianity.

I sense you need to volunteer for a tour in Iraq. That way you can follow your "moral" boy George.

Ok so going to Iraq and killing innocent people in an unjust war will make me a better person? You are either throwing gas on the fire or you are another intelectual yahoo. You can't serve two masters. Who is it you serve sir? " Thats a cool shirt you are wearing- you will be popular in Hell"

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ok so going to Iraq and killing innocent people in an unjust war will make me a better person? You are either throwing gas on the fire or you are another intelectual yahoo. You can't serve two masters. Who is it you serve sir? " Thats a cool shirt you are wearing- you will be popular in Hell"

I serve GOD. Who you serve I will not judge. Apparently not the tenets of Christianity. If you think with your statements that I have read that you do I suggest going back and reading the words of Christ.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Anybody offended by a pair of jeans to the point of beating a person to a pulp who wears them, even if they just walk by, needs to get help.

I agree with you. There is 'righteous anger' and then there is
uncontrollable egotistical rage. What is described here is NOT
'righteous anger'. It would be unjustified.

If you have 'righteous anger' then that has to be channeled into
positive motions to remove the object that you are angry about.
Prayer, education, and talking with the offender. However, until
such anger is in check, I'd advise against the one-on-one
discussions. It would back fire on ya' at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join