It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap Monday Jeans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Anti-Christian jeans. That's what it's being called in
commercials. Appealing to the anti-establishment
youth. Are athiest and/or demonic groups at work
behind the jeans (excuse the pun) ... or is it just
a marketing plot to make $$$ off kids who want to
be anti-establishment? Or perhaps the athiest
groups are just giggling with glee while the jeans
company makes $$$ all the while pushing the
athiest 'agenda' (if there is one). hmmmmm

www.foxnews.com...

From AP, picked up by Fox
Friday, December 30, 2005

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Cheap Monday jeans are a hot commodity
among young Swedes thanks to their trendy tight fit and low price,
even if a few buyers are turned off by the logo: a skull with a cross
turned upside down on its fore..

"It is an active statement against Christianity," Atldax told The
Associated Press. "I'm not a Satanist myself, but I have a great
dislike for organized religion."

The label's makers say it's more of a joke, but Atldax insists his graphic
designs have a purpose beyond selling denim: to make young people
question Christianity, a "force of evil" that he blames for sparking wars
throughout history.

More info at the site -
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 1/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yes, we've known for some time that slamming Christianity is PC an perfectly fine. Just don't venture into the world of cutting down Islam by starting an "Allah Kaboom" line of clothing or you'll find yourself at the end of an investigation. It's gotten much worse in Europe but I expect to see things like these jeans show up in the States fairly soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
... or is it just
a marketing plot to make $$$ off kids who want to
be anti-establishment?

I would say that's probably the most likely answer. That's usually at the bottom of shock advertisement.

Originally posted by dbates
Yes, we've known for some time that slamming Christianity is PC an perfectly fine. Just don't venture into the world of cutting down Islam by starting an "Allah Kaboom" line of clothing or you'll find yourself at the end of an investigation.

Allah Kaboom!
That's a good one!

Slamming Christianity is not PC. It's more accepted than slamming Islam at this sensitive time in our history, but it's definitely not politically correct. Being 100% politically correct is not slamming ANYONE and basically not saying anything that anyone could construe as offensive. Pretty much not having a personality.

I'm sure that as we work through this time in history, we'll get to a place where it will be equally acceptable to slam all religions and lifestyles.

The jeans are ugly anyway...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think the popularity of the jeans has more to do with the low price. If they had a cross on them, or an image of the Virgin Mary they would sell at that price. It's more of an anti CC or POLO than anti Christian.

Seems like a lot of people look for any reason to whine and cry "stop pickin on me"; especially Christians.

Before you jump in my ****; I'm a Christian BTY. This is a social commentarty, not a condemnation.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's surely high time that Christians accepted the fact that there are people on this rock who think that their religion is a load of old baloney. My personal view? I don't have a lot of love for any organised religion. If I choose to buy clothing products from a company who shares my view, so what? Surely a real Christian would just forgive me anyway, instead of bleating about how their one true religion is always under fire.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yes, unfortunately this rock we call Earth is presently under the authority of Satan. But that will change soon. his time is short. They just wanna have some fun at the Christians expense. But to those who wanna slap on a pair of those evil jeans and poke fun at God let's just hope you're right and their ain't no god cause you ain't seen em (wink). Because if you're wrong, you get to be with Satan for a very long time.

Poking fun at God may be cool today. But God won't be mocked forever. Christians... yes.... they will forgive you. But vengence is mine saith the Lord. We are but pilgrams passing through the world of hell on the way to paradise. So enjoy your world while you can. Jesus is coming. Don't let Him catch you with those pants on, eh(wink).

Fromabove

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove So enjoy your world while you can. Jesus is coming. Don't let Him catch you with those pants on, eh(wink).

Fromabove

Thanks fromabove for the warning[wink]. Do you think Jesus would prefer us to be wearing Dockers or Levis, Wranglers maybe? In the summer I usually wear cargo shorts. Do you think Jesus would approve? I know that proper attire is important but I had no idea my salvation would depend on it. I don't know where I got the crazy idea that my personal relationship with my God was the paramount thing. Also where did I get the Idea that God was a forgiving and Loving God. Thanks for your insiteful lesson on what God wants and thinks.[wink]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Buddha Belly t-shirts are where its at.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Is nothing evil with wearing jeans and neither with the name is just a way to make money while sparking some debates that actually is going to attract more youngsters to want them.

You know who is making the best advertisement? and for free, the same people that are outrage to the whole deal of the jeans and its links to demonic work.

If the whole issue is ignore it will not get so much attention and people will no care.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

When my parents were young the shock value was Elvis Presley.

In my youth it was Alice Cooper.

My children had Marylin Manson.

This is just another cheap ploy to seperate the young from their parents money.

of course, this is MHO.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Posted by Whaaa:

Thanks fromabove for the warning[wink]. Do you think Jesus would prefer us to be wearing Dockers or Levis, Wranglers maybe? In the summer I usually wear cargo shorts. Do you think Jesus would approve? I know that proper attire is important but I had no idea my salvation would depend on it. I don't know where I got the crazy idea that my personal relationship with my God was the paramount thing. Also where did I get the Idea that God was a forgiving and Loving God. Thanks for your insiteful lesson on what God wants and thinks.[wink]

You're welcome Whaaa, glad to help. It's not the jeans that mean anything of themselves, it's the symbolism. Why would anyone who is a Christian want to wear an anti-Christ pair of jeans? Wear them if you must, but it's the message that counts. It would be like wearing a nazi swastika on my on my jeans while walking around Jerusalem. The Jews might have a little difficulty wondering who I really am. Jeans are just cloth. But why be offensive and send a bad message.

If unbelievers wear them it makes no difference because they are still lost and have no idea what that means. They're just doing what comes natural in this present world.

And yes, Jesus is coming. But what would you want Him to find you doing when he does?

Fromabove

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The symbol in question, on the jeans is an upside down skull and bones.
This seems like a more anti pirate motif than anti Christian.

Wouldn't an upside down Cross make more of a ghraphic statement?

And yes, Jesus is coming. But what would you want Him to find you doing when he does?

Fromabove

I would hope he would find me being a loving, compassionate, careing, hardworking, minding my own business kind of guy.
And not carping on minutia that dosen't add up to a tinkers damn.
And I might add, He's probably not to happy with the time we waste on the WWW , NOW.
And I also would likt to add, I hope he dosen't find me playing a "holier than thou" tune on a banjo.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Friday, December 30, 2005

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Cheap Monday jeans are a hot commodity among young Swedes thanks to their trendy tight fit and low price, even if a few buyers are turned off by the logo: a skull with a cross turned upside down on its fore.

Fromabove

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I think its a bit of a joke that someone thinks you can have serious questioning of a religion by having a pair of jeans. The guy who made these intending to have that effect shouldn't be looked at as some serious social commentator, he's a lark. He thinks that christianity is 'evil', and to combat it he.....makes a pair of pants?
Anyone that buys these and thinks that they are doing anything other than giving some dork their money is delusional. These jeans woudl be a good way to identifiy who the posers are.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I stand corrected, fromabove. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So what, the issue of crosses has been debate over and over and the meaning of them and how Christianity has adopted them also.

Crosses are tag to Jesus Crucifixion but the truth is that until this day the issue has been if he was crucified in a cross or two pieces of wood resembling an X.

Symbolism comes from ancient times the skull has been used to represent many meaning also the jeans in question do not affect me or I do not link them to any of the symbolism that people are so fond off, religious or other wise.

A trend is a trend they come and go, and their popularity is attain due to the fuss that people seems to given them.

The more people fuss about it the more people wants them.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
And yes, Jesus is coming. But what would you
want Him to find you doing when he does?

NOT wearing those jeans! Yes, I'm sure he's much
more interested in the state of my soul ... but doesn't
what we choose to wear on the outside many times
reflect what is on the inside?

I'm too old for them .. I'd look silly in them (they are
ugly too) .... and I'd rather not take a chance and
die in them
just in case!

I think it's a ploy to make $$$ and at the same time
the Athiests and/or Satanists are happy with them.

(edited to add - I know Athiests and Satanists are
two different groups)

[edit on 1/3/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think the entire thing, on both sides are rediculous. I think the guy that made it , proclaiming it to be a message against christianity is your typical psuedo-intellectial Existentialist wannabe-moron that have sprouted up in the last couple years, thinking because theyre eleventh grade english class touched up on Fredrich Niche' and listened to Pink Floyd that all of a sudden everything they say and do is golden and with "a deep meaning." And also, the other side thats not only are offended by a little pointless logo, but basically condemn all people who wear it to hell. What happened to turn the other cheek?

And as I said before, anti-christian jeans are five minutes ago, the buddha belly tees are in.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Of course, this was taken off FOX news which in actuality is not a true news station. I'm sure a lot was left out of the interview.

OH, by the way. Everybody is 360 degrees wrong about PC(Political Correctness) these days. Of course, I never completely understood what it was. However, to be politically correct these days one must follow the gestapo who is currently reading this thread for "anti-American" activities!!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I people choose to wear them it is their own choice. However my opinion is that if someone wants to wear something that is offensive and they offend me they might just get their ass kicked over it. Not condoning violence but the whole offend as many people as you can its cool has got to stop. The jackass mentality is fun to watch on screen but there is no place in society for such a self centered mentality. Maybe Christians need to be more violent, remember the story about Jesus in the temple smashing stuff and calling it a den of theives? Well in some situations violence is condoned by Christianity and those who follow need to get out of the lazy boy comfort zone and start bashing some .s. I am not a violent person by any means but if your intent is to offend my intent is to hurt you in the most peaceful manner posible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join