It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me with this odd sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hello I am Abhilash Jayan and have been travelling a little, I have seen a kinda white trail left behind by some unanimate thing, god knows what, I couldn't even see that But within seconds it was at the other horizon, I have seen it twice so far, but I really do not know what it is. It has to be either a satellite, a supersonic aircraft, or an UFO, but do not know what it is. I have seen it in April at Doha, QATAR. and also in Bangalore, INDIA very recently.

I do not know what it is, but please let me know if you find any suitable answer. As of now I do not have any photographs, but now I am taking my camera everywhere with me so that I could take the photos when I see them next

[edit on 2-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It sounds like you may have seen a meteorite (which you can see during the day as well as during the night.) April is the time of one of the big meteor showers, and I think there's one in December-January.

How do you identify "meteorite/meteor" when you see it?

* They move quickly from horizon to horizon in a straight line.
* Always has a pale trail.
* Parts MAY split off it.
* There may be a sonic boom associated with it.
* The light it emits will be a single color (often green, but other colors common).

This page has a sightings form used by the astronomical observatory in Perth for people to report unusual sightings. Astronomers (hobbyists and pros) spend a lot of time looking at the sky, so the first place to go ask is this bunch... "were there any meteorite showers here in the past day?" is a good question:

www.wa.gov.au...

join