It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity. Knowledge. Society. Illusion. Destiny.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have been thinking...
With all of the conspiracies here at ATS, what would be the ramifications of "the truth all coming out at once" as far as sociologically and psychologically.
In other words, if things such as Alien disclosure, ancient mysteries, and the existence of God (for example), were all revealed to mankind on a worldwide scale, what do you think would be the reactions of people and of society?

If all the truths were answered outright.

Would people go crazy?
Would economies collapse?
Would people adjust and manifest utopia?

1. If it was revealed worldwide, tomorrow that aliens were present here on earth what would be the immediate and long term fallout of such a revalation?

2. What about if God (or...forgive me...lack there of) was revealed on an absolute "no question about it level"?

I wonder, if it like Morpheus says in The Matrix that MOST people would fight in order to preserve their illusions, EVEN IF they learned that they WERE truly illusions!
Or would we simply evolve into a utopia a la Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I'm not sure...

[edit on 1/2/2006 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

[edit on 1/2/2006 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yes, the truth is people are addicted to the illusions and the older they are the less most are willing to accept changes. They have become comfortable with what they know.

Sometimes the truth hurts so much it's just easier to set it aside and let others enjoy the illusion that you can no longer.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by outsider]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
First, "outsider" makes a good point.
OK the three are: aliens verified, gods exposier and the opportunity for humans to create a form of living together best described as utopia.
1. If aliens have arrived people should be informed and more importantly, anything we might have learned should be public knowledge. The probablity math demands, I believe, that other life forms abound in the universe. The question begs whether us humans warrant the effort of the long trip.
2. My guess is that anybody who actually thinks about the question must arrive at the assumption that if there is no evidence the dog made the mess. Why? Well, you actually don't have a dog, you have never seen the dog and there is no verifiable report of anyone on earth ever having seen something we call dog and all you have to go on is a story told by hundreds of thousands, each with a different slant, over the last 1700 years (christian version) with various proprietary claims...well not only did the dog not do the mess,
there ain't no dog.
Now will this make a difference to 'dog' believers? No! My guess is the realization by thinkers that there is no dog will have an effect but not a surprising one. Believers will continue to believe and be willing to die (or more likely - kill others) to support their misassumptions.
Why? Because this adoption of an accepted belief system is soooo much easier than contemplation and discovery. Contemplation and discovery require effort. Unfortunately, it appears that the average human has neither the interest nor the the willingness to make the effort. Think about it; discovery requires that thing... that dreaded behavior, the one warned against in the bible, that effort supported by the devil and his minions...READING! Perish the thought, let us join hands and prey!
"Don't bother me with the facts...my mind is made up!"
Utopia: Since long before we all came out of Africa one little tribe has been arguing with the next small collection of our species (or our ancestors) over either real estate, virgins, food, water or what have you. What was it the Jack's character said in "A Few Good men"? We can't handle the truth and apparently we can't get along.
Actually most people on earth could probably live in peace with each other. Unfortunately, all it takes is a few who either can't or won't tollerate their neighbors and have the resources t purchase good throwing rocks, sharpe sticks or Czech Semtex.
skep

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
Yes, the truth is people are addicted to the illusions and the older they are the less most are willing to accept changes. They have become comfortable with what they know.

Sometimes the truth hurts so much it's just easier to set it aside and let others enjoy the illusion that you can no longer.

Do you think people learn this "disorder", or do you believe that it is inherently an aspect of the human mind (those that are able to overcome this disorder - gifted?) or do you believe it chemical induced...

These traits are alien to me in every way (as far as I am aware of course).

But throughout time man has always had an upper echelon cognitive elite.

Fascinating.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
I have been thinking...
With all of the conspiracies here at ATS, what would be the ramifications of "the truth all coming out at once" as far as sociologically and psychologically.
In other words, if things such as Alien disclosure, ancient mysteries, and the existence of God (for example), were all revealed to mankind on a worldwide scale, what do you think would be the reactions of people and of society?

If all the truths were answered outright.

First there would have to be in place a way to address all souls simultanieously. A goal that the world rulers are currently striving for. Doubt it? Actions and behaviors scream a lot louder than the words .... . . .

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Excellent point Esoteric Teacher

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider

Do you think people learn this "disorder", or do you believe that it is inherently an aspect of the human mind (those that are able to overcome this disorder - gifted?) or do you believe it chemical induced...

These traits are alien to me in every way (as far as I am aware of course).

But throughout time man has always had an upper echelon cognitive elite.

Fascinating.

I'm not sure whether or not it is chemically induced or not. We would have to look at the diets of all groups on our planet & see if there's something in common we all intake & then remove that item & see if it makes a difference.

It could be something in the air or just living on the earth & possibly some have found a way to block the effects.

Then again it could very well be training one way or the other.

I do not believe in the supernatural. It's my belief that all is just the nature of our world. Others may very well use unknown technologies to take advantage of those who are unaware.

We experience things & our brains processes them & decides which we are aware of. Often if we look at things at different angles or different speeds we are able to understand things that we were once unable to. Such as watching compressed time of a storm via a satellite 24 hours in a few seconds gives us better understanding of how storms work. Or what scientists are doing with Hubble & the rest.

The only analogy I can come up with is "When I drive my vehicle I'm looking for cues in order to get where I'm going & preserve my life. When I'm a passenger on the same course that I may have traveled a hundred times I notice landmarks, retailers or things that I wasn't aware of while I was the driver. I believe all is there for us to see - we just have to learn how to see it. Dealing with it is another issue.

I have noticed some things are so unbelievable or contrary to what I was taught (led to believe?), I hadn't noticed before when it was right in front of me everyday.

I don't think you can just tell people things & expect them to understand. Just like you can’t tell a kid how an algorithm works before he has learned to count to ten.

While it is clear those closer to the top on our planet have always kept information from others in order to control the world around them. It may go much further than just that.

top topics

join