It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. General Assembly Resolution - Decade of Contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Interesting press release - not sure what to make of it, and I'm unfamiliar with the group that submitted it (ICIS, Institute for Cooperation in Space). But this looks interesting.

United Nations, NY (PRWEB) January 1, 2006 -- For the first time in almost 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth. On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. President Eliasson was Sweden's Ambassador to the United Nations from 2000 to 2005.
Almost to the day twenty-seven years ago, on December 18, 1978, the United Nations General Assembly voted to approve decision 33/426, inviting U.N. Member States "to take appropriate steps to coordinate on a national level scientific research and investigation into extraterrestrial life, including unidentified flying objects, and to inform the Secretary-General of the observations, research and evaluation of such activities." Then U.S. President Jimmy Carter then supported the U.N. General Assembly's decision. Carter himself had a close Encounter of the First Kind with a UFO (Night Light) in October 1969, in the company of 10 members of the Leary, Georgia Lion's Club while he was running for Governor of Georgia. Four years later, while Governor of Georgia, Carter filed a public UFO sighting report, dated September 18, 1973.

PRWeb

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the Info Nightowl

I made a thread that has something to do with this about the UN and disclosure. I just wanted to let you know that if you are interested, take a look and read the petition , and if you agree with what you read, to sign it.
If not interested, that's ok too. Just make sure to take a look at it though. And hey thanks again for the info .

My thread here

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This was already posted in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I will re-post my thoughts in this thread also.

This does sound promising, but I am not sure where it might lead. Does it mean that if the resolution passes, the governments of the world are admitting the UFO phenomenon is real? I don’t know. They approved a similar resolution in 1978, and most people hardly noticed, and did not consider it an admission that the phenomenon is real.

I also doubt that it means that any new classified information will be released, at least here in the States. The UN can’t force a country to release classified documents. But maybe other countries will see this as an opportunity and release information as Brazil is doing.

But on establishing diplomatic relations, how can you establish diplomatic relations with someone you can’t contact or who is unwilling to meet with you? I find this strange because I wonder if they know something the rest of us don’t know.

I do think the Decade of Contact sounds like a promising project. With funding from the UN, maybe some mainstream scientist will take this seriously and become involved and do some real investigating.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, I don't mean to get political here but lets not forget who we are talking about here. I think it's only proper that we first take care of ourselves before setting our sights to space.

Not only that but I don't really recall anything in recent which the UN has done. So signing this and passing it would be all great and such, but would it actually do anything?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Anymore news from the UN.Which countries would take part in disclosure and i seriously doubt that the U.S would not stop this but btw this is great news indeed and i hope its not about NWO.
ps:what do you think about this Earthsister?

[edit on 2-1-2006 by warthog911]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Good God!!
Maybe the UN knows something we dont? Will 2006 be the year Offical Contact is made??? Will watch this with interest....

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is my problem:

Quote from end of PRWEB Release:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"CONTACT:
Institute for Cooperation in Space(ICIS) - 1-877-266-7337
Alfred Lambremont Webre, JD, MEd
Information: www.peaceinspace.net...
Email: e-mail protected from spam bots

Non-Governmental Organizations Contact:

Toronto, Canada: Victor Viggiani, Exopolitics Toronto Symposium
Tel: 905-278-5628
www.exopoliticstoronto.com...

Washington, D.C.: Dr. Steven Greer, The Disclosure Project
Tel: (540) 456-8302 (Office)
www.disclosureproject.org...

Please sign this Petition to the United Nations General Assembly for a UNITED NATIONS DECADE OF CONTACT
View this petition and your signature at
www.thepetitionsite.com...

A print version of the UNITED NATIONS DECADE OF CONTACT Petition,
and a feature article can be found in the forthcoming UFO Magazine (www.ufomag.com).

UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
www.un.org...

TEXT OF THE UNITED NATIONS DECADE OF CONTACT RESOLUTION
www.thepetitionsite.com..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Question is:
Are these guys even authorized to make a press release on behalf of the UN?
All the release says is that "On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization."

It says NOTHING about the UN's formal responce on the matter. It probably went strait to the shredder under H.E. Jan Eliasson's desk.

Guys, I want disclosure as much as the next guy, however, i am seriously begining to take everything released on PRWEB with a grain of salt...
We can not forget that it is the same place we first saw this press release...

www.prweb.com...

...and we all know how well that one turned out...

I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings or step on anyones toes, but as resopnsible researchers, we should probably begin consider the source when it comes to PRWEB. If we would have read the same thing over at India Daily, would we have believed it?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wups - didn't notice that this was already being discussed in other threads, my bad. I did a search before I posted & couldn't find anything, so I thought I was clear. Still an interesting story.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"They", as the ET's, have been here, lights years from their homes for milenniums , for a reason....to make contact.....however all the way since Roswell 1947....or the Battle of L.A.....They know U.S is very Hostile.....

Untill...now with the Disclosure project.org .....How about that? Huh?

NASA hasnot even give us the slightest "hint" of what they've been hidding....for many decades....

Am glad UK, France, Brasil, Canada....etc,etc are doing so.....opening their "X-Files" to public.....

The question is......when U.S will?

...and yes, am a member of yhe Disclosure Project.

new topics

top topics

join