It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strangest craft i ever saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i was watching the wings channel and they had a short video of the weirdest thing. it was this small craft tethered to a trampoline in a large test room. it was doing simply amazing mid air manuevers going back and forth, rolling and stopping instantly. the propulsion seemed to be these loud continuous snaps of light or something. i was simply amazed. i have tried to find info on it but have had no luck....has anyone seen this thing or know anything about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i know of reports of microwave powerd crafts being tested ide need a better decription b/c

loud continuous snaps of light or something

light is fairly quiet. lol
but very intristing any other information would help us figure it out

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The craft you are talking about was originally part of the Reagan-era SDI program. The 'lights' you are referring to are quick reaction jets for maneuvering. I wish I could find a link for you but as I remember, this technology was developed to eventually develop an orbital anti-missile platform.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
it was awhile back when i saw this so i dont remember much detail but i think it was about 3feet long. maybe a foot 1/2 in dia but not exactly rounded. it looked like it had small nozzles sticking out on all sides.
it was hovering and seemed to be secured by a tether above a safety net or trampoline type contraption. the propulsion seemed like a continious series of bursts that sounded like a slow firing machine gun and with flashes coming out of the nozzles sort of like a muzzle flash. it moved like no other craft i have ever seen. i saw this maybe a year ago on the discovery wings channel. i have never seen it since and i cant find any info about it anywhere.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i agree it must be some sort of fast firing jets to produce higly aerobatic menuvers though what you saw i doubt was part of strarwars just a throwback of some tec develuped for it. sounds like pulse jets probably you wont find jak for info about this b/c its probably just some milatary recearch sorry bro ill keep looking though

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It might be completely different but your description of 'snaps of light' reminds of something I saw on TV about a 'single stage to orbit' project where the propulsion to orbit was provided by a ground based laser fired in rapid short burts into the centre underbody of the craft in order to provide enough power to reach orbit whilst maintaining low vehicle weight by not have the propulsion source on board the vehicle itself. A loud snapping noise was made by the laser impacting the heat shield under the craft on the small test vehicle they demonstrated. The system worked alright but when the craft was recovered it could be seen that it had been battered to buggery by the laser

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have also seen that particular programme on Discovery wings and that craft doing the manovering was designed for the SDI programme.

All the manovering was done by small thruster's and they also kept it hovering in one spot as well as controlling the roll axis....not sure how long the fuel would last in it though!

The spinning top design is the prototype for a vehicle called the Lightcraft which uses a laser pointing vertically to power the craft....hopefully to earth orbit! The limiting factor at the moment is the power of the laser but with the advances being made it won't be to long before they have the required power level's.

Sv Out....!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to an article or even better yet a picture of the thing? It sounds interesting and I would like to see what it looks like, even an artists conception or rough drawing.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i found a web site that has a picture of the thing in flight and some information about it but i cant seem to put a link to it on here.
it is a proto type test model for the space based interceptor program.
the picture is of a sucessful hover test. but just seing the picture doesnt do it justice..this thing can cut and weave.
if someone could help me i wold post a link.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
tj josephus, you can just paste the whole URL of the site you found it on here by highlighting the address shown in your browsers address bar, then either right click and select copy or do edit, copy, and then come back here and paste the address into your reply again by either right clicking and then selecting paste or you can do edit and then paste.

You can make it a hyperlink here on ATS by replying to the post, and up at the top of your reply click on the icon that looks like the world, type the name you want the link to display as like "click here" or whatver, click ok and paste the address just like you would have above into the box. Good luck and let us know if you cant get it to work

IBM

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Is this the veichle you are talking about?

This is an exoatmospheric Kill veichle, or EKV for short designed for the national missle defense system:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.losangeles.af.mil...

this still picture doesnt do it justice...this thing can really cut and weave.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I saw that show, it was truly amazing.
It was powered by small rocket thrusters I think. That would pulse

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Saw it once on the show Extreme Machines. Amazing to say the least. You know a test was successful when at the end the engineers are cheering like they're at a sports game.

new topics

top topics

join