It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automated responses..............Press 1 For english!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Does anyone besides me absolutely hate the fact that when i call a company here in america, that i get some guy named ahmed or something that i can only percieve of the words "welcome to", "tech support", and "help you"?

I don't understand how hard it is to let me talk with someone who speaks english!, if i lived in india and called, then i'd expect to talk to someone from there. but in michigan??

**edit....does anyone else realize that ahmed is now calling himself steve, or joe, or whatever, so that you won't be so pissed at him for not living here?...it's a tactic to fool you.

And what is the purpose for having, press 1 for english, 2 for espanol?

I don't live in mexico city, why do i have to choose what language to speak in my own country??

And this is of course, before you ever get to the real meat of the problem....
the fact that you talk to a machine with more numbered selections than necessary. You go through 15 menus before actually getting to talk to a person, who usually puts you back in the automated system because it is in the wrong area you are searching for.:bash:

I have come across a website that i don't know if it's been posted before, but for those of you who really hate automated systems, here is a list of options to skip the machine and go to a person!!

still doesn't guarantee they speak english though.

Skip the system!...talk to a person.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I totally know what you mean man. It makes me want to throw the phone. Pisses me off more when they act like they can't understand what I am saying.

thanks for the link

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I hate it when you can tell they don't know a thing and like they are looking it up and they give you the wrong thing. A while ago a tech support person nearly ruined my computer. There are way to few actually good tech support people these days.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
yeah, in fact, the company that i work for, or subcontract for, has a tech line that calls california...and most of the time i get people i know...and now i start getting some girl named shruuti or something like that...and i know she's there in cali, because i can hear familiar voices in the background of people i regularly talk to!!??!!

If you want to see a funny take on this...and along the same lines of where we're comin from ...check this out...it's one of my favorite toon sites..but check out this take on computer support.......

make sure to watch both 1 & 2...

Tech support 1 & 2

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I can top that. When I was filling out my college application form, under "Ethnicity", there was Hispanic, asian, etc. etc. The option for being white was listed as "Caucasian - Non-Hispanic."

I remember this one time, some telemarketer called up to sell stuff to me. I literally could barely understand a word he was saying, even after he repeated himself angrily. I feel pretty bad about doing this, but I raised my voice and said "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU," then hung up the phone. It was a terrible thing to do, but I was frusterated damn it!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
that's your fault for humoring him anyways....why would you even try to listen to a telemarketer?

as soon as i could make out "offer", then it's *click*

I also read that there is a way to delete your number off of the telemarketers list by using a touchtone phone when they call you...a certain number sequence..ill have to check on that.

Next time try something from "crank yankers" like special ed or something when they call lookin for ya...that'll get their blood boiling

new topics

top topics

join