It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angelic possession?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey folks,

Seen lots of threads on the topic of demonic possession, very scary stuff that keeps me awake at night with one eye on the shadows. Here's the question - is there such a thing as angelic possession?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I would think so. if demons can do it, so can angels, but they probably don't have a good enough reason to invade someones body.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Depends on your belief system.

If you are a follower of Vaudon, then the gods (benign ones) can possess you ("ride" you... you become the "horse." NOTE: I am glossing over a LOT of things here... don't draw a lot of conclusions without reading more on this from a non-Christian bias.)

There are other types of "possessions" ... some of the practices in some churches (such as the speaking in tongues and similar phenomina) are very similar to what happens in Vaudon.

And in ancient religions, the gods (in some cases) took over (possessed) prophets to speak prophecies.

(sigh) I am REALLY generalizing here. There's a lot of weird and interesting specifics and you could debate just what the phenomina is -- whether it's a "possession" or just what it is.

And then there's the ecstacies of the Catholic saints....

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Angelic possession, wouldnt that be "god fearing" ?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
With demonic posession, the entity MUSt be of the same oversoul, otherwise the body rejects the posession. So if angels were to inhabit the body, they must be of the same oversoul.

There is a thing called 'Angelic Frequency' which are all traits under the one oversoul. Every soul itself has characteristics of the angelic frequency, and you can choose to have or deny these traits depending on which frequency you use.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
During the real life event that inspired The Exorcist movie, a young boy was possesed by the devil and at the end of the exorcism the boy spoke with a different voice that said something along the lines of "I am the Archangel Michael and I command you to leave this boy!"

I guess this would be technically an angel joining the party and booting out the demon, then leaving himself. Also, arnt the major demons all fallen angels anyways? Thus angels may be the only things that possess people.

I think there are ways of summoning angels just like summoning demons.. might wanna check Dionysius' writings on the subject. Doinysius the Areopagite, of Athens, is credited for organising the angel hierarchies. Also some jewish texts might mention summoning angels, since they have the myth of the golum, plus Soloman used demons to build his temple.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've felt an angel presence all around me, hugging me and sending me the electronic energy lol. That's the only way I can explain it. I don't believe they took over my body or anything, but sense then I have a direct link or communication setup with one of my angels.

All I use is one symbol I use since the first time I saw her and the communication bridge is setup and we can have new experiences.

As far as angelic or demonic possession I believe it boils down to how open to suggestion you are. If you believe angels and daemons can possess you it opens the door for that possibility.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No, there is no "angelic" possession. God does not "possess", and the angels do God's bidding. God doesn't attempt to force or control. He wants your love and your fellowship. There is quite the difference between Satan and God, and therefore, between demons and angels.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No, there is no "angelic" possession. God does not "possess", and the angels do God's bidding. God doesn't attempt to force or control. He wants your love and your fellowship. There is quite the difference between Satan and God, and therefore, between demons and angels.

God is the deity (although, in Christianity, "God" isn't the deity's actual name). Satan is an angel, a fallen angel, and a demon. Per the bible anyway.

Biblically, all demons are angels -- just angels that rebelled against God.

It's my opinion that if you follow christianity, a reasonable interpretation is that Satan still serves God. That's a different topic, though.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'd like a topic about that tbh coz i have some views on satan linked with god

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

He wants your love and your fellowship

I thought it was blind devotion and unquestioning obedience?

*goes to read that book again...*

Going to go with Byrd on this one. There are accounts of it, but it's up to the individual to decide the nature of those accounts....and compare it to their belief system. In essence, the idea of a good or benign possession is not alien to many beliefs....

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I haven't heard of Vaudon, but I've heard of the idea of a deity (not necessarily malign) "riding" a host - Voodoo maybe?! I was interested in hearing if anyone had heard of cases of angelic possession in the christian sense - Gabriel coming down to kick some serious butt in the flesh or the likes. Someone else had posted something about angels and demons being more like wild animals than higher beings, I'd love to hear elaboration on that theme...

join