It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA raids medical marijuana site while ignoring nearby crack houses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Every thing in this world is abusable. Its not the items themselves that should ever be illegal. Its the way in which we use them that should be.

Both alchohol, mj, and virtually anything else in this world can both be good and horribly bad.

In the end it comes down to the person using the item as to what the outcome will be. We should stop prosecuting and punshing for having something that can be used badly and instead concetrate on those that do use them badly.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Any more people like Max wanna step up so I dont look like some hippy pothead defending an illegal drug?

Sure. I smoke. I'm a successful businessman and I too, am a runner. I run between 5-10 miles/day and sometimes as much as 20 miles at a time on weekends. I usually run 3 marathons per year and finished my last one in 3:34.....not bad for a guy pushing 40 (I ran 2:47 when I was a 17 year old punk).

The wife and I also like to end the day with a little puff (we don't need to smoke much). It has no ill effects on our lives whatsoever.

Pot was made illegal like an earlier poster said because of HEMP! Monsanto had a huge hand in that. They were trying to get Polyester on the market and Hemp was going to cut into their profits, so they lined the pockets of the right politicians and got it all made illegal and then the propaganda came out (i.e. that pot smoking made white women want to sleep with black men......that is some funny stuff, but in the 40's and 50's people took that pretty serious).

Pot being illegal is a joke and always will be. The medicinal uses are massive. I have asthma and one puff of marijuana and my lungs are clear. I'd rather do that then inhale some chemical inhaler that makes the heart race and has all kinds of other side effects. I'm not going to bother mentioning the vast other medicinal uses....the right people on here already know all of them.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I've seen first hand people that prior to becoming a frequent pot smoker who could hold excellent conversations and actually keep up with the pace of conversation, but afterwards loose focus of what the discussion is about and cannot make simple logical statements.

Well alt, was the person you were trying to talk to a little buzzed from a couple bong hits? I dont believe that ganja makes you dumb. Once i was very depressed from a death in the family, and was going through a very mental low, and i smoked a couple bowls before school. I got 2 A's on 2 major tests, and had a couple amazing debates with my first period American History teacher. I did my research paper on Marijuana Legalization, and i learned so much about the topic, i was blown away by how much the Federal Bureau of Narcotics ( i believe this is now the DEA) lied to the public about marijuana users and the side effects. They used the Newly immigrating Mexican Americans as a social scapegoat, claiming that they were bringing in the drug, and they abused it, they also blamed the low number of jobs during the depression on them. The name MARIJUANA was given to the cannabis plant to associate the drug with them further. After all the lies put into the media by the government, society turned against it, and the trial for The Marijuana Tax Act was in congress? The trial was a total 2 days long, and the A.M.A. wasnt even asked to present information about the substance, they believed that it was not right to criminalize marijuana use for the doctors of america would not be able to use its pharmcutical values on citizens.

I believe society is brain washed against it. If you go up to someone on the street and ask them has marijuana ever killed anyone? most will reply yes. Everyone used to say to me back in the day, your going to die, your going to get cancer, your going to flunk out of school. Im still living cancer free, and im a honor roll student.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13

Same goes for brewing your own beer, making your own brandy, and building your own clock radio. The end product is not the same. Not even close. A little maryjane on the otherhand...

Hey Man. Dont hate on homebrews. My dads beer is amazing

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ok ok, with a couple exceptions. But, as a rule, homemade brews suck.

Where did our opposition go to this topic?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
IMO Its something that is hard to oppose once the facts of history and of its uses become known.

Cannabis and Hemp are pretty darn close to miracle plants. Their GOOD uses could reach every aspect and person in our world today.

Most true studies pitting its abuse against alchohol abuse most always show alchohol the far worse drug.

The one thing I have never understood is why it isnt used more in the countries where it IS legal? I mean for industry etc...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Because the same industries that run OUR lives also run the rest of the world indirectly. Pharmaceuticals, textiles, etc..are all world market, just like oil.

While I have no source to back my claim, I once read that the drug addiction rate (mj and shrooms excluded) in Amsterdam is rediculously low when compared to the rest of the modern world. It is because they have much more harsh, stiff penalties for drugs like coc aine and heroine.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Quote: "They will NEVER legalize it because the CANNOT tax something that grows out of the ground."

Uh I know its been said - but I am looking at a pack of Cigarettes right now with a "Tax Stamp" on it!

Quote: "It would work the same way if we could grow aspirin, or pepto, or Vicodin. Why in the hell would anyone pay drug companies thousands for something a 10 year old can grow in the backyard, or livingroom?"

Well first of all - it takes some skill. You have to know what you are doing (Just ask REZ - Uh I mean "DA FUNK"
) - it is not that easy to obtain a high quality final product. A Ten year old can not pull it off - besides what 10 year old has a Mortgage or owns a home? In addition keeping it Hidden from Law Enforcement is an even GREATER Challenge. You are correct on your point that we no longer want to give away a Fortune to Greedy Pharmaceutical Corporations any more - not like they actually care about our Health anyway - we are just "Consumers" to them.

Tobacco affects Health & is Highly Addictive yet it is LEGAL!
Alcohol kills more Brain Cells than anything else & it has been greatly Abused - leading to many Accidents & Violence - yet it is Legal.

Yet this Herb that Heals & Enlightens - has never killed anyone - remains ILLEGAL. Does everybody see Societies double standard yet? Does anybody still deny that these Pharmaceutical Corporations are pouring Millions of Dollars into Politicians to keep the current Ridiculous Policy going? In addition why would the Government want to Legalize a Substance that Opens your Mind & makes you question Authority?

GOD Created this Plant. Right now we are saying that our Human Laws are more important than GODs Law. Legalize CANNABIS!

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hey, SS. When you post the same things I just said, all the while trying to sound like you are refuting me, you kinda sound a bit redundant. The pack of smokes you are poisoning yourself with are not the same thing that grows otta the ground, just ask the thousands of other chemicals in one smoke.
Secondly, you can grow some pretty good smoke right otta the ground in more climates than almost any other known plant. I can step out my door in the spring and fling some seeds, ignore them for about 16 weeks and have some decent, albeit seedy smoke. If you are talking about seedless, sugary-looking, kind bud...this is true, and we all love the kind, but is this the way MJ was supposed to grow in nature? Remember we arent just talking about growing some High Times looking stuff to pack your bong. This entire thread is about much more than that.

And what do you mean "Just ask REZ - Uh I mean 'DA FUNK'?" Do you think I am someone else?

And weed doesnt "make you question authority." It might make you question the stupid laws made by authorities, but that is only a matter of education. Anyone versed in the way things REALLY work, as far as the companies that are responsible for the continued criminalization of pot, knows it is all about control of $$$.

I would also like to kiss the mods ass by saying THANKS for letting this thread stray so far off topic. We will continue to play nice...I promise.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by DaFunk13]

[edit on 17-2-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Quote: "Hey, SS. When you post the same things I just said, all the while trying to sound like you are refuting me, you kinda sound a bit redundant."

I was not Refuting you - nor was that my intent. Sorry for being Redundant - but why are you being so Sarcastic?

Quote: "And what do you mean "Just ask REZ - Uh I mean 'DA FUNK'?" Do you think I am someone else?"

That was a comment to myself - it didn't need to be in the post. It is just that your Avatar looks nearly IDENTICAL to another person that I have seen posting on the Net in other Forums. Sorry about the case of mistaken Identity - but apparently I was correct in my Guess that you have experience Growing.

Quote: "The pack of smokes you are Poisoning yourself with are not the same thing that grows otta the ground, just ask the thousands of other chemicals in one smoke."

Yes you are correct - that much I will concede. I am not a big fan of "Big Tobacco" either - but I never said that I was Perfect.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sorry bro, I get jumpy on the politics board...hehe.

The Avatar is the Gonzo logo. Its a zany brand of journalism. Its my tribute to Hunter S Thompson. He is kinda a hero of mine. If you are unfamiliar with him, check him out. If you like reading, check out Better Than Sex. I just finished it today. It is his only book I hadnt read. Its his chronicles of the 1992 presidential election. He is an overlooked genious of our times.

Aside from that...I have never grown pot. I live in an apartment. It wouldnt make much sense, and I am not a fan of the clink. I do have a few friends that have been kindly enough to let me tour facilities and various fields, giving me the ins and outs, as it were. I really wish it was legal. I would morally feel so much better if I could grow my own. I dont like the idea of the history my last doob may have since harvest. I can guarantee a lot of it disagrees with my pricipals.

Sorry to jump down your throat. I thought you were honestly gonna argue the tabacco side of the thing. I wanted to shoot you down before you got any steam on me.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Quote: "Sorry bro, I get jumpy on the politics board...hehe."

No Problem man - it is Understandable.

Quote: "Aside from that...I have never grown pot. I live in an apartment. It wouldnt make much sense, and I am not a fan of the clink... I really wish it was legal. I would morally feel so much better if I could grow my own. I dont like the idea of the history my last doob may have since harvest. I can guarantee a lot of it disagrees with my pricipals."

Yeah I know - tell me about it! I Wish that these Politicians\Law Makers would come to their senses & Legalize it as well. I am not a fan of the clinc either - I have heard some DEA Horror Stories and these were people involved in Cannabis only. I can't believe the title of this thread - whats going on - they don't have a problem with *CRACK*?

I also wish I could grow my own (But alas it is too Risky) - I am getting tired of the Shadey Characters involved in this Trade - as a matter of fact it has been at least a YEAR since I have Indulged! It has gotten to the point were it is no longer worth it - most companies give their Employees Drug Tests these days anyway!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So we can assume everyone is with us on this one???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join