It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a New Year Writing Contest! Green is Good

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For the first writing contest of 2006, we are going to turn to the Mysterious Subjects Forums for inspiration again. Your challenge is to write a Short Story related to any of the Green forums.

Entries will be accepted until January 31st.
To enter a story into the contest, include the prefix (MYST).

6,000 ATS Points to the Winner
3,000 for Second
1,000 for Third

You do not need "Writer" status to participate, Anyone can Enter. However "Writer" status will be given to anyone who submits an entry.

Like Reading more than Writing, maybe you can be a judge, contact me via u2.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ooooooo, with the writers we have here and those topics, we may have some of the finest stories yet on ATS. Good luck to everyone.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You know I'm so there.

Great to see another writing initiative in your capable hands, WW.

DE

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
och..the luck o' the green...

Ye kin count me in, global peruser.

It's early but I'll be voting green in the Great Canuck Election too (oops, off topic *slap*)

I'l be watching for your entries, intrepid and DE...now I know your style, I've got an advantage

mhua-ha-ha-ha *cough* *cough* (bloody smokes)

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
For the first writing contest of 2006, we are going to turn to the Mysterious Subjects Forums for inspiration again. Your challenge is to write a Short Story related to any of the Green forums.

I'm in. I just have one question. Whats a green forum and where can I find them?
I'm all for the mysterious subjects, I just wish I knew which ones we are writing about here.

All I need is someone to point me in the right direction and then i'm so going to kick some booty. I've never won a contest and this one is MINE....i can feel it in my writing bones. WoooHooo...2006 is going to be my year.

Help!! hehehehehehehe......

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scroll down to the green ones. This should be WAY cool.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh my GOD!!! I just had an orgasm! Green just replaced blue as my favorite color. I don't know where to begin.

OK, ok...calm my heart. slow it down and think. slow it down......take a deep breath....

This is going to be so much fun.

I sure hope they don't miss me over in podderville.

Wupy

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Don't forget the Contest!!!

10,000 ATS Points to be Shared by the Winners

Think Green

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm inspired to write a story myself even though I am not eligible. Green is just too good to pass up for me.

Problem is I can't choose which forum serves as the best inspiration, but
Ancient and Lost Civilizations, Crypto and Mythical Beasts, Conspiracies in Religion and of course the Paranormal all seem to be calling me....

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Problem is I can't choose which forum serves as the best inspiration

The answer lies in your psyche, worldwatcher.

What I suggest you do is scroll down to the 'green boards', close your eyes and reach out with your pinkie finger to the screen. When you are touching it, take note of the particular board it landed upon.

Open that board and repeat the process for the thread.

You cannot fail if you allow your unconscious to decide this for you.

Should you accept this, you are required to send me one plucked chicken as payment.

m

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
By the way, worldwatcher...the method described above is exactly how I determined where the story The Implant would originate from. The only difference being the fact I used my right index finger rather than my pinkie.

I don't suppose it makes a difference, but I normally use my pinkie for digging material out from between my teeth. hmmm...

Could it be my index finger telling me I should have used my pinkie?

This, no doubt, merits a thread in Abnormal Studies.

What do you think?
and...
Will I get my plucked chicken?

(No regrets in bumping this thread)

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'll post my non entry at the end of the contest... masqua..I used my pinky

great entries so far, only a few more days left to get your submission in, so think Green.

[edit on 1-26-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just 2 more days to get your entries in and get a piece of the 10,000 points pie.

[edit on 1-29-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wanted to write something original for this but lately my life has been hell. Kid in the hospital, major surgery to remove a part of his lung, seriously $#^%$ up hours i've been keeping. I got an entry in, but i seem to enter it in every contest anyway.

The good news is he's now fine. The hospital is kicking him to the curb tomorrow and he even asked his longtime girlfriend to marry him. Since she already has a kid i'm about to become a grandfather for the first time.

WoooHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

This was a great contest WW. I just hope i'll be better situated for the next one.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
last chance to get your submissions in, you have till midnight Eastern time.

Remember you don't need Writer status to post in the forum or enter the contest, but Writer status will be given to those who enter.

Good Luck to all

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Nuts--just missed it! Haven't been hanging around ATS for a while.

Oh well, there's always next time!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
First my apologies for delaying the results, but "judges" as well as myself have quite alot on our plates lately, so I will do my best to get the results in to you all as soon as possible and hopefully no later than Sunday 2/5/06.

Thank you all for understanding and good luck to the participants.

I can't wait either

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Rock on, Rude Gyal...

There's some excellent entries in da mix...checkit!

Oooya

I plead da Fifth is plenny fine...dig?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Good luck to Everybody who also entered, now put on your boxing gloves, lets fight, who shall win the 6,000 points, bragging rights, and World Watchers hand in marriage!? (Thank was the runner ups prize, right?)

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So typical of me, to find out about these things too late ..
...oh well...i'll try to keep up next time...

May the best writter win !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join