It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are All Pathetic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Happy new year everybody, two things to expect in 2006: our country contiunuing on the course of disaster and to be driven to be divided much more.
I haven't posted anything for a while, and some people are quite glad at that fact, but I've been reading.
And throughout most posts we get terms such as: republican, democrat, liberal, conservative, neoconversative and the list goes on. Our political leaders are geniouses by dividing us on the issues.
You know a republican and a democrat to me is the same term: rich, use minor issues to divide us to avoid the big issues, also use them to get re-elected, they don't represent us, but the special interests who help put them in there, and the crap falls on the American people.
Whats amazing is we let them do this to us, by using the news media to help promote what is the right thing to do and what is the wrong thing to do.
This is why we are divided, republicans and democrats will use issues like abortion and gay marriages to divided people while avoiding the big issues.
Our defeicited for one, the poor, crappy health care system, social security going caboot.
Sure we hear them speak about these issues and the "plans" to fix them, but that is to get re-elected. The truth is each election that takes place is a show put on by our government, to let us think we have a say in it.
We sold our rights a long time ago; especially, with high party identity that is going on right now. The 2004 election is an excellent example, ask yourself why did you vote for Bush or Kerry?
Was it because one's a republican and a democrat, the lesser of two evils, or was it in reality we really never got a choice. Both were the same. The reason why they do elections, or what I call are "shows"is to avoid the Marixst revolution or the Titor predicition.
Until we stop looking at each other as a Republican or a Democrat, or a independent NOTHING will change. And put in leaders that actually represent us and not their party nothing will change. Except every 4 to 8 years with a new man in front to lead the production. It is sad how we have drifted quite far from the constitution.
Okay i'm done criticizing our political culture, have fun calling me a moron or whatever you want, and sorry for the bad grammar and the runon sentences (never been a good writer.)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

mod edit, the paragraph is your friend

[edit on 1-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ok.. so this pathetic American has one question for you: What should we do to not be pathetic (and allowing this madness to continue)?

Happy New Year, everybody, btw!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yeah..I know what your getting at. It seems at times as if the two partys are fighting over a soverign fiefdom. A royal entitlement. You know with a little Omerta thrown in. Squabble all you want in public just dont tell any real secrets/laundry which will give away the real game no matter how droll the laundry has become. It gets ,after awhile, like the line up of the usual suspects ..over and over.
Speaking of the "Usual Suspects" I am curious as to whether the "Usual Suspects " will be on the investigating committee for this domestic spying wiretap buisness when the cameras start rolling here next month or in February...both sides.
Ive known about this wiretapping over 20 years now. Its not new news to me. Domestic or Foreign. I find it difficult to belive the news media actually believes this is new news.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I feel that the two main elite parties are nothing but a show to keep the public and the voters happy.

In reality they are actually the same and rule by the same powers.

As long as they can convince all of us that they are two difference parties that caters to two different school of though they are safe.

Ignorance is a bliss and I truly believe that our elite two main parties wants us to stay just as ignorance as we can be.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That is also the conclusion to which I am coming.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If you want the political landscape to change, well than foment change by supporting the political party of your choice. You do have that choice you know. Yes, the two major parties are strikingly similar in appearance, and in their behavior. So quit whining and do something about it, recruit for the Greens, or libertarians or whomever (again your choice), and support them.
When only just over 50% of registered voters even bother showing up, you get the government you deserve. The ones who are voting get to choose. If I recall correctly Washington state had 9 different folks running for president on the last ballot, that is choice. Sure its weighted against the small fry, but it can still be done. It just requires a bit of... (ok alot of...) wprk.
Rant over, have a happy and prosperous new year.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ive heard that argument before from many. I dont entirely disagree. The problem I have is that the system overall is so obviously a rigged show.
During one of the earlier primarys leading up to elections there was a Conservative candidate named Alan Keys. While I was not necessarily pro Alan Keys it became obvious to me that someone or something was trying very hard to keep Alan Keys off the market and I wanted to hear more of what he was saying. It became obvious to me that this thing was rigged.

I want to point out one other facet from history. Though there were other reformers in religion before him,John Wyclliffe and William Tindale..and others, Martin Luther was particularly successful because he carried out a exodus in a obviously rigged show. This is not what is read in history but when it is pointed out to many it is obvious what it actually was...a exodus from the rigged system. It is also obvious that change was not possible in the rigged show.
My question in the back of my mind is how long before many catch on to the concept that working within a rigged show is not possible.
Also on another point about politics in such a rigged show..with undefined parameters..how long before the public realizes that this is a religion with undefined parameters..meaning one face for the politicians and one for the public consumption. A dual system. One open one concealed.
This politics..is obviously a religion by the zealousness and devoutness of its adherents. You could even use the word cult to define it.
When you are able to understand the width and breadth of what I am describing you begin to realize why as a people we need dumbing down to institute the changes planned in the future...especially in Education which is also financed by this religion called politics.
I just dont believe that in a rigged show ..you can make changes from the inside...it is going to take a exodus..which will not be allowed in a system which seems to claim feudal title or fiefdom over the politics of this nation...hence the very nation itself.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I agree that the major parties are trying to run a rigged game. They can only do this, however, if the grassroot voters of the nation let them. Unrigging the game won't happen over night, it will require us to get off our apathetic little hinies and work.
Tell me something, if you will, and I cast no stones, I am genuinely curious. Do you vote, or volunteer in political campaigns? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
NO I dont volenteer in political campaigns. I do vote however.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That is totally cool. Volunteering can be very rewarding as well, pick a cause, any cause.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Ive known about this wiretapping over 20 years now. Its not new news to me. Domestic or Foreign. I find it difficult to belive the news media actually believes this is new news.

I hate to say this, but I'm a realist. The whole difference is in style. Yes, we have done things that are off the books. When done, it was done as clandestinely as possible - even having to at times write off good people. We've done what we had to do for our percieved national security. The difference is, now, in the hands of the NeoCons, our methods are dangerously in the open, being flaunted and terribly abused. Because of this, our military men and women are being placed in even more grave danger. Our civilians traveling and working abroad are also much greater targets for this. We're heading down a deadly road we may never be able to get off of. It's past time for our government, this administration to dial it back.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Agree East Coast Kid. I too am a realist. I find it very difficult to debate against what you are posting because I know it to be accurate..not emotional.
Once again..this is not new news..it is very old..at least 20 years olde if not older. This has been known by many in the media. This is how I know it is politics. Pure Politics. It is a show for influence among the public for votes for this party or that. It is also to me despiration because as you state it puts many in jeopardy for the benifit of a particular party. I find this highly distasteful. The tell tale proof on this is when the committees are formed in the next month/months..will the "usual suspects" be on these committees for publicity and coverage for the party line..both sides. I will be watching carefully for this.

Clandestine operations are not new ..no matter what party is in office. As I said in another post on ATS. I dont worry so much about abuse of this in this administration but in the ones to follow.
Oh..East coast Kid..when you say in the hands of neo cons our methods are dangerousely in the open..does this imply if not in the hands of neo cons this would not be a issue and never brought out by the media?? Is this what you imply??? Curious here.??

By the way..this issue of domestic spying is going to die on the vine too. I think by March or so it will be eclipsed by other more important issues. Far more important. I am curious how when this comes up how the media will handle it too!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately we operate in shades of gray. This life is not all black and white. The layers.. they go and go...

Folks in the media know a lot, whether they give it up or not. At least those who are interested in things political.

I find the NeoCons to be particularly and disturbingly dangerous in their governance. And they are both Republican and Democrat. That's important to note.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hmmmm...once again ..I find myself hard pressed to debate the opposite position.

I agree that folks in the media know alot and that they dont always give it up.

I use terms?words a bit differently than what you use..Neo Con is sort of a new term to me.

My position is what Liberal do you want..a Democrat Liberal or a Republican Liberal..what liberal do you support. As time goes by this becomes clearer and clearer to me. However ..quite right ..they are both republican and democrat and it is important to note.

That you know this is encouraging.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This Pathetic Conservative thinks his party left him behind. When the Republicans voted against a minimum wage raise increase last year...it left me wondering what happened to the "compassionate" conservatives?

Alot of low income folk NEED that extra money to survive and I watched the party I voted for shoot it down...it did get me thinking. The Democrats hardly make a squeek about it and that got me thinking also.....their all in it together!

For the most part...a buncha FATHOGS that are only looking out for themselves. There are exceptions on both sides of the isle....like Sen. Liberman who I always liked.

When it was obvious nether Republicans nor Democrats wanted to secure our borders, even tho most Americans wanted it secured...that got me to thinking also.

Yep, I think we do have alot work ahead of us, but our system is still the envy of the world.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That is why I like to refer to what our government do behind our backs as "Out site out of mind"

If you don't know you can not criticized and the nation is in a ignorant bliss.

But when these things the government do are a danger to all off us then I am grateful when somebody comes forward risking their lives and reputation to let the population know.

Unless the truth of the whole deal comes we had been warn of something dirty going on.

The last time that something like this was made public it was Nixon the one in the white house.

let see whats next.

If it was political motivated against the administration then the guilty should be prosecuted.

But if the warning was to bring something more obscure about what the present administration is doing then we have the right to know.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You know..I like Liberman too. Also this Democrat from Georgia...Miller I think is his name. Not because they are democrats or someone eles is republican but because they are plain speakers. Not alot of fancy rhetoric. I can respect that. Not a bunch of over emotionalism either but plain speech. This I can respect from anyone.
Yeah..I have to agree with the buisness of securing our borders. I think alot of this has to do with agreements the public doesnt know about with Mexico and buisnesses we have operating down there. The abscence of secure borders is very telling on both partys.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

I use terms?words a bit differently than what you use..Neo Con is sort of a new term to me.

Before 9-11, everyone that knew me would describe me as a 'hawk on defense.' (That was before the new dyslexicon of 9-11 and NeoCon.) I'm a war vet and a lifelong Republican. Before 9-11, I was a self-described conservative Republican. Post-Sept.11, I am still a Republican, and a Christian, but I am now of the progressive/Libertarian persuasion. And I do take some liberal positions. I am in no way ashamed of that, either (civil liberties are the greatest blessing of these United States.)

NeoConservatives are liberals with a taste for blood. They got ran out of the Democratic party and infested the GOP. They have no political soul. And that is the basis of their problem. They are all about vengeance and control. There's no diplomacy. There's no real ideals. Just the grotesque wielding of power.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Ok.. so this pathetic American has one question for you: What should we do to not be pathetic (and allowing this madness to continue)?

Happy New Year, everybody, btw!

I always use George Washington's Farewell address as a point of reference.

None of you will ask questions about the state of this country again if you all revert back to that one speech for education and enlightenment.

Bottom line: He warned America of the dangers of having political parties, the division it would cause, and the degeneration of our freedoms, and diplomatic friendships around the world.

On an over-powerful military establishment he says; "...avoid the necessity of those overgrown military establishments, which, under any form of government, are inauspicious to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to Republican Liberty."

I refer you to this link for further information: Farewell

[edit on 6-1-2006 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would agree with Washingtons premise that political parties are not a good thing. However, I don't see how they can be avoided, since likeminded people tend to congregate to their core issue, or issues. The only solution to this is to attempt as best we can, to keep the parties honest. That is the responsibility of the grassroots voter, and volunteers. No one else. You cannot legislate political morality.

I'm beginning to pontificate again, a bad habit some here have called me on a number of occaisions, so I'll leave it at that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join