It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best quote of the Year: Ma Bush On Displaced Katrina Victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Could there be a more scary "matriarch" of the nation than former first lady Barbara Bush? She drips with condescention as ice water flows through her reptilian veigns.

"What I’m hearing which is sort of
scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is
so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you
know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she
chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."
www.editorandpublisher.com...

[edit on 1/1/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I got 2 more quotes for nomination.

John Kerry "There is no reason...that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of customs, the historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not. Iraqis ought to be doing that."

Howard "Scream" Dean (the) "idea that we're going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong."

At least Barbara Bush's statement had a hint of truth to it.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"There are only two kinds of political partisans-- liars, and the fools who believe them." - Bob LaoTse

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's good to see I'm NOT the only one at ATS today.

Seriously.. Carseller, why waste your time listening to Kerry? We all know he is irrelevant.

Bush's mom is just downright scary. She's a racist. That's the hint of truth oozing out of her.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
She thought it was a really compassionate thing to say. She's basically clueless but it isn't her fault. She lives in a gilded cage.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
She lives in a gilded cage.

Born in the gilded age,
she remains alive
in her gilded cage...

I wonder what she'd think, and how she'd behave if her family was devastated, all wiped out?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
She thought it was a really compassionate thing to say. She's basically clueless but it isn't her fault. She lives in a gilded cage.

Isn't that sort of like back in the dark ages, "Antoinette" saying, "Let them eat cake"? I think she thought she was being really compassionate too, from her own gilded cage. Until the King said, "Off with her head!"

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I guess the point to this thread is pointing out the sheer cluelessness that abounds. My uncle and aunt, for example, are good people, but they still blindly support Bush. They are Christians and very kind - to me, anyway. But how in the bloody hell - as Christians - can they support that wretched deviant, George W. Bush?

As a Christian, and a veteran, I ask, how can they justify such blindness? Blindness winds up being callousness.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ahh, what a lovely quote.

To be honest, a lot of people sicken me at the moment and it is this blind support for any political party that is causing such things. It is about time people bother to rule and stop being ruled.

Bush's mum? Probably as bad as the rest of his family, who I have very little time for and very little respect for. I am still waiting for them to work to the betterment of the United State's, and I do not see it at all.

CyberKat, just so you know Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake." she was 10 and living in Austria when Jean-Jacques Rousseau wrote in Confessions "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche," and it is he who said a "Princess" said it; more likely it was said by Marie-Therese, wife of France's Louis XIV.

[Glad to see you posting new threads EastCoastKid.]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanx Odium. It's good to be back.

The Democratic and Republican parties here in the US are corrupt and inept. That is indisputable. The question is.. what can we the people do to put a stop to the monopoly?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by Odium

CyberKat, just so you know Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake." she was 10 and living in Austria when Jean-Jacques Rousseau wrote in Confessions "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche," and it is he who said a "Princess" said it; more likely it was said by Marie-Therese, wife of France's Louis XIV.

Thanks Odium,

Seriously, apparently a long time ago I believed some one who didn't know what they were talking about, and have ever since been saying that as if it were a fact.

I sure can see now how easily mis-information gets passed around. A good reminder to be sure to check where any information I get originates from before repeating it. I'm just glad that this blunder was fairly harmless.

CyberKat

top topics

join