It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP with my ps2 and resident evil 4 please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Okay, if anyone can help me then that would be super.

I've got a ps2 and Resident Evil 4. After completing the Leon missions, I unlocked all the extras and have completed Assignment Ada and am currently in the final chapter of "Separate Ways." (On the island when you defeat Saddler with Leon) and whenever I talk to the Merchant or go press start or triangle the screen goes blank and the game crashes. The inventory, merchant and map work on everything else mercenaries and the normal, standard game).

Also my ps2 makes a weird clicking, whirring noise.

Please help me!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
uhh did you pay the 40 bucks for the warranty?

IF SO

head to best buy or whever you bought it and be like hey its not reading games correctly.

is it the old ps2 style or the new compact?

if its old model and you return it you get the newer one..... i knows. :p

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
well?

didja?

easiest way to fix your problem man.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Battlefield 2 works fine.

Every other part of Resident Evil 4 works PERFECTLY. I even started "Separate Ways" and the map, merchant and inventory part work fine. It only seems to be in Chapter 5 when it buggers up. Last night it worked on my PS2 and someone elses, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

My PS2 is one of those silver ones, not the slimmer version.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
welll

if you have warranty i'd take it back and replace it

i've had 3 ps2

they all wore out over time and just stopped reading certain games or would play so long and then mess up at a certain point in the game

i'm telling you need to replace the ps2 or get online if you cant return it and find either a place that repairs ps2 or if you are brave a guide on how to repair parts on it

like i said easiest way is warranty and now i always buy a warranty whats 40 bucks when you replace the ps2 a few times

iuf you do replace it they'll give you the new ps2
thats like 50 more bucks right there!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't think it is the ps2 though. Every other game works, every other part of Resident Evil 4 works except the bit in chapter 5 of "Separate Ways".

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
is the cd scratched?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This may sound odd, but turn your ps2 upside down.The older ps2 lazers wear out and may not read newer games. I couldnt get my ps2 to read GT4 unless it was upside down.Try it out and if the cd is stracthed use a ceramic/metal polish like brasso to clean it with a lint free cloth.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
This may sound odd, but turn your ps2 upside down.The older ps2 lazers wear out and may not read newer games. I couldnt get my ps2 to read GT4 unless it was upside down.Try it out and if the cd is stracthed use a ceramic/metal polish like brasso to clean it with a lint free cloth.

but when it comes to that point thats when you go to best buy and cause a scene and moan about warranty and in 10-15 mins you got a new one

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is also a very easy way to clean laser lens in your PS2. This will help in a most situations (Disc Read Errors, noise, random read errors).

I did it on 3 PS2s, it always helped.

Dealing with PlayStation 2 disc read errors

[edit on 2006-1-1 by zer69]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Cheers guys.

I'll try it tomorrow morning as my mum as starting to get annoyed that I've been playing it all holiday.

I'm not sure if that is the problem though, but I'll still give it a go.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i would buy a cd/dvd cleaning disk and if that doesn't work I would take it to walmart. They will return/exchange anything. I WOULD NOT turn it upside down to operate it. Your disk could come loose while flipping it and then goodbye Res Evil 4. Good Luck

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Did you play the game for so long consecutively that you warped the disc possibly? It can happen believe me. One of my friends was sick one day and he had been playing NBA Street the entire day and suddenly it stopped working, turned out he had warped the disc by overheating it. Check on that possibility.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've played it for quite a bit, and I turned my PS2 upside down which solved the problem. Then later on in the game I get the same problem. Whenever I go into the inventory, it crashes and one of the cutscenes doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
One way to fix your problem is to buy a Hard-Drive for your PS2 over the internet. You can put your games on it and play them from your Hard-Drive without wearing out the Laser. There's more to it but it's not hard and you don't need the disc and the Laser in your PS2 doesn't get damaged.

It's the perfect way if you're having trouble with your PS2 and don't want to buy a new one.

If you do get a hard-drive then you can U2U me if yeh don't know how to work it, I'll help yeh.

new topics

top topics

join