It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody looking around outside... its 4 am, Jan 1st.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The veil was thin across the US around 3:45...

Did you feel it?

Oracle

[edit on 2-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The Veil was thin?
If this post is in the right forum I'll go "look Around"
for inthinity

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
bahaha inthinity, but yea...what veil?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I guess this could be moved to paranormal studies...

I have had this similar experience twice before. Most recently it became aparent to me on the streets of New Orleans last year. I was having a great time at jazz fest... Then out of nowhere... this overwhelming feeling that the web of life was thin... We needed to get the hell out of there and NOT come back. Several months later the town was washed away.

Prior to that in '99 at Woodstock I had the same intuition. It had been 100 degrees and a dustbowl all day. Water was $5 for a small bottle. We were enjoying the festival... then I felt it. Immediately I was "as alert as a warrior in enemy territory". I gathered my friends and we left. Within 2 hours the festival was in flames.

3:45 last night I was enjoying a tantric moment with my lady; we were washing each others feet in the bathtub after spending New Years dancing. Out of nowhere, we both froze. I don't know if it was the dense fog that was visible inside our home... I don't know if it was the sirens and flashing lights on the streets outside... or the cars peeling out and racing around the block. Or the firecrackers that sometimes sounded like gunshots. Or just an overwhelming feeling that law and order was loosing control. They were certainly just herding last night... Maybe it was the extratropical storm in the Atlantic over New Years. Or lingering feelings from the odd year we've had. I don't know... I just know I got a feeling about what was going on around me and I intuitively felt it was the same in other US cities across the board. I felt compelled to ask if anyone else felt it. I also know that when I came here to post it there was that John Titor thing flashing... and it did not feel out of line at all with my vision of the veil.

Third eye active,

Oracle

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I actually understand...
I've have some intuitive things, that turned out to be lifesavers..
Is that to what you are referring?

Space

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I felt myself looking for a decryption tool last night .

*patiently waiting for the new civil war so he can quote guns and roses and say

WHATS SO CIVIL ABOUT WAR???????*

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I actually understand...
I've have some intuitive things, that turned out to be lifesavers..
Is that to what you are referring?

Yes. Something shifted last night. My dog is barking at the thunder that seems to keep rolling on and on in the distance. I am feeling a connection with the 3 hexagrams from the I Ching; the most I have ever felt immediately interralated:

Tun / Retreat

The power of the dark is ascending. The light retreats to security, so that the dark cannot encroach upon it. This retreat is a matter not of man's will but of natural law. Therefore in this case withdrawal is proper; it is the correct way to behave in order not to exhaust one's forces.

Pi / Grace

One is under the spell of grace and the mellow mood induced by wine. This grace can adorn, but it can also swamp us. Hence the warning not to sink into convivial indolence but to remain constant in perserverence.

Po / Splitting Apart

The dark lines are about to mount upward and overthrow the last firm, light line by exerting a disintegrating influence on it. The inferior, dark forces overcome what is superior and strong, not by direct means, but by underminig it gradually and imperceptibly, so that it finally collapses.

I read I Ching regularly... I began feeling 'retreat' heavily the past 12 months. After last night I find myself turning to the wisdom of Pi and Po. I have never felt their influence as heavily before.

I don't know if there are other I Ching readers out there that can relate to this account.

Must turn off PC again... another hail micro burst carrying 1" hail.

Oracle

[edit on 1-1-2006 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sri, I hear you, discussed the past days disturbance with a friend but we found no conclusion.
I have experienced a great void, New Years eve was especially dark. I am still not out of this "place". I too study I Ching but am no expert would not even consider myself a novice.
I sense an urge, that is all I can percieve.
We had a New Moon that night I wonder if that was a trigger. Any in put?
WIS

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i would just like to add a few things...on new years i was wathcing the ball drop...and carson dailey said that this year(2006) is going to be a new chapter(bible refrence)..i noticed all the ppl in town square were holding red sticks(dark side)..there was a sign on tv that said U F A..but the A looked like a O ...this year wont be like you think...the signs are everywhere

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
free i-ching readings
www.facade.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Im really not sure if this is related, as i'm not exactly sure what the veil is that your talking about, but a day before the new year and for a little while after, I felt like i was in a dream. Everything had a surreal feel to it.
I dunno, maybe its all my imagination and not even related.
Just thought i'd share.

Cheers!!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
WIsh I could help you out man, I was just feeling the beers I was drinking. We had a blast, we were out till around 430(cabs were all booked and couldnt get one till 4). Then we finally found a cab to come get us that was dropping off someone at the apartments we were partying at. Stroke of luck I'd say, but no abnormal feelings. I know what you mean though, I've had a bad feeling about things before they happen, but its something we all have.

[edit on 1/2/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by joepits
free i-ching readings
www.facade.com...
Thank you for the information. Finally something that makes sense.

come closer............ The problem isnt outside, its in here tonight.

Its getting harder and harder to get through to anyone at any level on any subject....
Very freaky.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Sri, I hear you, discussed the past days disturbance with a friend but we found no conclusion. ....I sense an urge, that is all I can percieve.
We had a New Moon that night I wonder if that was a trigger. Any in put?
WIS

I was really hoping folks would tell me I was crazy. But yeah... something was triggered... I percieve the "urge" you speak of. I think the energy of the people after the ball dropped was tell tale. There did not seem to be a reverence of new beginning but rather an attitude of another year to party, be boisterous, and live large without consequence. It just didn't seem like anyone was thinking about what they would give up for 2006. That is exactly the opposite behavior of what I would expect a sane society to be enacting after the horrendous year we've had "natural" disaster-wise. Over Newyears I remember between 3 and 5 am staying awake to be sure the premises were secure. Pretty rare behavior on my behalf looking back. For some reason I just did not feel safe in my home and I felt like there were others having the same feeling across the country. There are just a lot of disgruntled folks in America these days. Some about taxes. Some about drugs on the streets. Some about pollution. Some about the war and the oil game. Others about their neighbors mooching off the system while they're struggling with 60 hours a week to keep the family fed. There is just this big interconnected mess of distrust. And to top it all off no one trusts the police, or the people leading our country. And at 3 am this disgruntled crowd was heading home drunk and being herded by police... I was waiting to see someone throw a brick.

Which brings up a side note... Last week a saw a local crack dealer screaming at a car... the typical "gimme my money"... Except this time the man hit the car with a brick that he held in his hand. The car sped off. I don't know... It was just a little more escalated a situation than normal.

xEphon... yeah "Everything had a surreal feel to it." for sure. Its almost like I was aware of some huge ice chunk that fell off of Antartica that had been building for a while. Something big changed. I'm not sure what, but I instictually keep thinking back to just before 3:40 am Central for the answer.

After rereading those 3 hexagrams... I can say that I personally will be planning my retreat from the city... first big storm in the gulf and I'm headed for the mountains until winter at least. I feel like the US is under a period of grace until the hot of summer, during which time preparations should have already been made to fend for yourself. If this feeling does start pointing towards a civil war type senario, I do not think it is going to be "the people" vs. "the fed" situation but rather a multi party, multi faction war. The different crime syndicates of this nation are starting to step on each other's toes.

Oracle

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i guess my question to you sri would be where exactly are you? all of the instances you mentioned were localized to a certain area. so rationally, this feeling you have had is only relevant to the area you live in.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
If this feeling does start pointing towards a civil war type senario, I do not think it is going to be "the people" vs. "the fed" situation but rather a multi party, multi faction war. The different crime syndicates of this nation are starting to step on each other's toes.

This was echoed to me by a freind of mine.. and he was dead serious about it..

He was saying that when the US goes to hell.. its not going to be north vs south.. East vs West.. Its going to be gays vs striaght, left vs right, and so on.. Its not going to be 1 set if ideas just people fighting eath other for no reason other than to gain control of a country..

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
On the evening of July 6th, before the London bombings, I was on a military exercise in Wales. I was ill that evening and felt really awkward, then I found out about the bombs.

Not sure if that was intuition or just genuine feeling ill.

I've got a weird feeling about this year though...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Some thoughts:

There was something in the news not too long ago about Bolivia basically telling the US to get off their coc aine fields. Apparently they were already producing twice their US quota (Mwha-ha-haha) and when questioned about it, told US diplomacy to kiss it; further more they would be withdrawing military support for distruction of fields. On a metaphysical level, this could cause an increase in the cumulative accute energy level of the US in the next 3 year period. AND... we're talking pure coc aine... much more powerful than the synthetic amphetamines legally abused by many american (ADHD) addicts. I could see a coming switch in masse as health insurance becomes unavailable; Adderall and Ritalin prescriptions falling out of reach. 3 years on cheap organically grown speed could change a nation. It is a lot easier for a $5.15/hour laborer, with something righteous on his mind, to have a full blown Word with the mayor in such times.

I am looking at the US factions like iceburgs chunking off Antartica. Various groups used to just fall off and then dissolve. The 'melting pot'. Now that we have developed into more of a "tossed salad" society, the barriers between us are becoming more and more clear as we cluster. Kind of another 'seperate but equal' situation building tension but many more facets than just black vs white. I wonder which faction will be the infamous 'west antartic ice sheet drifting out of the Ross Sea'...

Another side thought... what about the rich 1% living in surburban McMansions. I feel as if they may be early targets... perhaps by attacking water/food supply. Also, those among us that are particularly nationalistic/pro-war/neo-patriotic may become targets of an uprising. I feel like it is easier to pick out targets than to place a finger of the next unibomber though. Hard to say who will be stoning the H2 Hummers with spinners... I could also see some otherwise gentle minded individuals finally snapping over the ever growing mass of unemployed, unproductive, burden on society, urban street hustlers. The environmentalists certainly have a cause these days as well... its hard to walk anywhere in the US these days and not trip on anonymous garbage.

There is just an overall lack of Purity of intention. Obsession with the self rather than the Ultimate. Distrust.

Just the illusion of it all here. The junk construction cardboard and plastic homes. The plastic products with 7 year life spans. The cars that work perfectly under their 50,000 mile warranty and the die with parts too expensive to fix. City inspections, fines, and unpaid for demolition fees; back taxes. The inibility to fix most of the things we use when they go bad. The six asphalt acres of parking lot surrounding the 3 enclosed concreted acres full of one thousand 400w high pressure sodium lights providing 24/7 illumination to more junk products than the Sands of Florida's coast... iterated over and over again at every "*mart" ...wait that last one was a Bopptist Church...
Maya holds the heart of America tightly.

...but then again... I'm just paranoid and the one talking about politics and religion at the party. Shame.

But seriously... did anyone else feel "a straw that made the camel grunt" just after the US new year?

Sri Oracle

PS... I know I started this one in "US News" and you've moved it to "paranormal"... but feel free to lodge me in "rant" if the need arises.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't know why nobody's looking towards Ukraine and Russia and Europe right now! They're facing a political crisis with Ukraine syphoning off the gas pipelines, and it will affect every other market in the area. If there is anything that can provoke military actions, its a theft or cut-off of resources. Every time I hear about what's going on, even though I hear that they are trying to fix the situation, it only sounds like it's something that's about to get infinitely worse.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
People have mentioned animosities between the US and Russia, but people just say they aren't annoyed with each other any more. Perhaps we're on the brink of another cold war? The middle east will probably get involved, hence the nuking of Israel, and maybe then after a few more bombs the NWO will come into power.

Happy new year everyone!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join