It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did I Manage To Wind Up With Minus BTS Points? Just Curious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I just happened to look at my points a few minutes ago, and noticed that I have someting like -950 (approx) BTS points. I was just wondering how/why that is, especially when I have probably spent more time there in the last couple of days than I ever have.

I still don't really understand exactly how the points system works, so, I am mainly just curious. Did I do something wrong on BTS in order to have had points taken away? If so, I never received a U2U oranything like that letting me know what it was, if anything.............................

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It's an arbitrary and capricious system. I got 20 points deducted because a mod felt I was quoting too much which takes up space on their server. No warning, nothing. Just a U2U telling me they deducted 20 points and why.

geesh...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Really? I would think that ATS staff would be a little bit more up front about what and why they are doing stuff like deducting points. I mean, I seem to have had 912 points deducted from BTS and no U2U!

I guess I had better stay away from BTS, unless someone tells me what I did to deserve all the point decuctions.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I hve this problem as well. SOme how, wehn you buy things in the store with ats points, it negitives you bts points. You haven't lost any. Its just moving around the numbers.

Its not from the ats staff, because its an automactic u2u wehn you're warned. So, you'd know.

Hope that answered your questions.

Peace,
Shadow

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
It's an arbitrary and capricious system. I got 20 points deducted because a mod felt I was quoting too much which takes up space on their server. No warning, nothing. Just a U2U telling me they deducted 20 points and why.

geesh...

Its not because it takes up serverspace.
Its because it makes threads messy.

If your replying to a certain statement someone made in a lengthy post, just quote the bit that contains the specific statement.

Else just reply and go like:

Hey MrX I totaly disagree with what you said

Also over quoting content that comes from outside of ATS isn't liked to much because it represents a copyright issue.

Instead of copy pasting an entire article, just quote 1 or 2 paragraphs, or give a summary and then link to the source article.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Maybe too many one liners. Like just posting "hi" and then leaving it like that. Or it could be they don't like your avatar. Or swearing. i am not saying you do these things. Just telling you what mods usually correct.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
I hve this problem as well. SOme how, wehn you buy things in the store with ats points, it negitives you bts points. You haven't lost any. Its just moving around the numbers.

Its not from the ats staff, because its an automactic u2u wehn you're warned. So, you'd know.

Hope that answered your questions.

Peace,
Shadow

Hi Shadow,

Thanks for your input. I bet you're right! Because I hardly ever have any BTS points, but I did change my "Custom Titles" and add some additional upload space, using "use all points". So that would make perfect sense.

Sorry mods if I thouht you did it.

Thanks again, Shadow.

CyberKat

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If you never got a u2u it wasn't staff action. Some spending spree most likely, no telling when either, all being deducted from BTS points.

Not the mods' fault. That's kind of like waking up with a hangover, realizing you're broke, and blaming the strippers.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
If you never got a u2u it wasn't staff action. Some spending spree most likely, no telling when either, all being deducted from BTS points.

Not the mods' fault. That's kind of like waking up with a hangover, realizing you're broke, and blaming the strippers.

If only some of you were strippers XD I'd wake up smiling happy to know Asala and our resident wrestler babe got the money

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
To add to what RANT said, when you purchase something from the ATS store, you can decide where the points will be taken, all ATS, all BTS or all PTS.

If you don't decide, the DEFAULT is to take from all three. If you only has a few point to start, that purchase could really zap your BTS point.

Especially, say if you bought RATS access and only had 100 BTS points

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thanks guys,

I'm pretty sure now that it was my short "spending spree". That would make the most sense. The main think I was wondering about, was if I was inadvertently doing something to p*ss off the Mods or something.

Glad that wasn't the case.

Thanks again,

CyberKat

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I don't blame you RANT.

Someone fixith my points!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've contacted an Admin (i.e. someone capable of fixing your points) with both your names, and numerous others. Just sit tight.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hi,

I notice that someone has added a "tag" to this thread called, "cyberkat complaint".

I would just like to clarify, as I thought I had in my original post, and in my responses to other people's input, that I was never complaining, only questioning something that I did not understand.

Perhaps I also expressed some concern that I might have been doing something unknowingly on BTS that was wrong, therefore costing me points, but again, just questioning. And this was only because if that were the case, I wanted to know what it was, so that I could correct any wrong behavior in the future.

As it turned out, that was not the case, I made that point very clearly in several of my posts also in this thread.

I think that you (writer of above mentioned tag) must have known that I was not complaining. But, if you genuinely thought so, I am just letting you know that I was not. Please re-read if still confused.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hey folks, just wanted to mention two things:

1) If someone does do something wrong (happens once in a while) that requires action by a staff member, there ALWAYS is a u2u sent to that member explaining what happened. The u2u will always contain details about what the problem was, what post it took place in etc.

2) If you notice anything wacky going on with your account you should always feel free to report it to the staff using the gripe/idea button. That button sends your comments to the staff and is read pretty quickly.

That said, you better get your points situation in order, rumor has it that if you remain in the negative column too long the creditors come and collect all of your earthly possessions.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
CyberKat and Odium - points fixed.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
CyberKat and Odium - points fixed.

Thank you very much Simon.

Any chance of fixing my Status also, so I go back to being a Councillor and not Staff...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

That'll be -20 points.

Thank you a lot for fixing it Simon, didn't want to hassle the others since I've heard they are working on stuff [WAP: ATS for example.]

Thank you once more.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
SimonGray,

Many thanks to you for fixing the points

I appreciate it, however, just so you know, I really never meant to make so much out of the whole thing. I was just curious.

Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join