It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black liberals need tough love!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
the roomate was white you know about pulaski tn right?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

the word 'n-word' has contributed to the multi platinum success stories of Kanye West, Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, and a truckload of not-so-notorious rappers in the past.

I don't think it's that deep. We grow up using it like its a curse...something we dare not say in front our parents or grown folk in general. Tis just part of our vocab, now. You are giving it way too much power. When a rapper uses nigga tis like saying and or the. It's just a word. Like any other word, it has serveral different meanings and connotations. I use it, not like I use to, but it's a hard thing to just take up out of your mouth.

Pick a word, one that you use a few hundred times a day, and tell yourself you will not say that word all day. That's what it's like. Then think back on how hard it was to do it and what it accomplished...not a darn thang! Cept a lot of frustration and stuttering. I was so disappointed when Oprah sat on her high horse like the word police one day on her show like removing nigga from our vocab is all of a sudden going to make being black in america heaven on earth. It takes hard work for anyone to succeed in this country. I say preach the work and leave the words alone.

I hear ya',
and it's really not that deep or signifigant of an issue to me unless it involves people who are discussing this 'issue' without the ability to use the proper word because they have to be afraid of the repercussions of speaking truthfully...

speaking of Kanye, do you think he's back on that pipe or WHAT ?

www.washingtonpost.com.../entertainmentnews

Just like we learned from his song "Jesus Walks"... Jesus sells too!
Maybe he's sitting on the master plans??, that or him and his 'founder' are back to their fundamentals and origins,
smoking too many grams.

(quit pouting, I said please)

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
love the cover of Rolling Stones he's doing it I like it. Finally someone whos sometimes says what he is thniking instead of posing for the camera.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Kanye is that crack, so he don't have to smoke it. He's dope, cousin, and he aint afraid to boast about his genius. Though this is way off topic....I don't have a problem with Kanye uppin Jesus in hiphop. Music should be like your right arm, and in hiphop it is so rare to see a mainstream artist make music about his true beliefs.

Even his comments about the Katrina disaster were crack. We all were standing around my mother's kitchen asking where is the government, why haven't they got those people out of there, and he just answered our questions. It needed to be said. You just don't get that type of honesty anymore. No one was actually challenging the administration to get off their do nothing. How long would it have taken if he didn't say anything like all the other stars? If there wasn't a controversy there wouldn't of been a reason for Bush to focus his attention on the Americans that were dying. Truthfully, I don't think it was a race issue, tis a Bush don't care about nobody but Bush issue. He can't see beyond the nose on his face. So you got to get up in his face with an attack before he reacts. And the victims are still suffering, but its all about some people overseas getting some phony democracy when we can't even take care of our own phony democracy.

and we super off topic...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Even his comments about the Katrina disaster were crack. We all were standing around my mother's kitchen asking where is the government, why haven't they got those people out of there, and he just answered our questions. It needed to be said. You just don't get that type of honesty anymore. No one was actually challenging the administration to get off their do nothing. How long would it have taken if he didn't say anything like all the other stars? If there wasn't a controversy there wouldn't of been a reason for Bush to focus his attention on the Americans that were dying. Truthfully, I don't think it was a race issue, tis a Bush don't care about nobody but Bush issue. He can't see beyond the nose on his face. So you got to get up in his face with an attack before he reacts. And the victims are still suffering, but its all about some people overseas getting some phony democracy when we can't even take care of our own phony democracy.

Personally, I think this situation reminds us of the need to be self sufficient. Look at all of those people who didn't have the money to get out. It is very unfortunate that there were so many people that had to rely on the government. Thats sad. In my religion they encourage us to have a 48-72 hour food supply on hand, and be prepared for any emergencies.
The government can't completely help those who can't help themselves. I hope this is a wake up call for black people to not rely on the government. Get educated, stay off of drugs, and work hard. Most importantly, heed the warning and get out!
As far as Kanye? I think he is a poor rolemodel for black America. I think he is racist, and I don't care for him.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

For instance Someone stole my chip out of my accura while i was in florida. I called the police the police did not fingerprint the panels, did not really look for a suspect even though i knew who it was.

The problem that you mentioned is not uncommon at all. In fact, it happens to many white people as well. The police do not like alking fingerprints, because then they have to do more work. They are lazy. They can not be counter on, even by me. A friend of mine had his house broken into a few months ago. They even knew where the burglar had entered. My friend had to call the watch commander to get the deputy to take fingerprints.
You mentioned protection by the cops? Well, I don't want to put my life in the criminals hands. I do not depend on the police for protection. I recently obtained a concealed weapon permit, and know how to use it. I don't dial 911, I dial .357

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
agwardlds I have to say this dude…kidd… you’re a coward!!

My wife can walk around without thinking about having a gun. Who are that you are soo important that you need a weapon. Phallic palicys dancing in you head my man!!Nobody has that much trouble unless you are causing it.

You have already admitted that you do not know 1/3 of african American history I really suggest you keep your mouth closed about our matters. Become educated on it before speaking. I telling you this because just like those gangbangers you see on tv and think that that is true you might be on the wrong path to happiness.

A gun never solved a problem in my negiborhood it just caused more. I’m saying this as a gun owner but my guns stay locked and in the house unless I am going to practice or hunt. You disappoint me I honestly though we could have a heated dialogue but you only want to shout racist epitats at the “black race” . Have fun because “like in da hood Uss know there iz allwayzz a bigger Dun with a 4 pounder!”…

You undersatand absolutely nothing about you neighbors pity…

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

A gun never solved a problem in my negiborhood it just caused more. I’m saying this as a gun owner but my guns stay locked and in the house unless I am going to practice or hunt. You disappoint me I honestly though we could have a heated dialogue but you only want to shout racist epitats at the “black race” . Have fun because “like in da hood Uss know there iz allwayzz a bigger Dun with a 4 pounder!”…

First of all, I am former law enforcement. Old habits die hard. I have never used it, nor do I hope to. But I am ready in case I have to. Being intent on protecting your family does not make you a coward. It makes you wise. I think of my gun as a first aid kit. It is around in case of an emergency.
I don't make it a priority to drive through "the hood" as you say it, because black people there often prey on people they perceive as weak(i.e. families, teenagers, women, etc.).
I am all about an honest dialogue, and have not made any racist statements towards you or the black race. Until you see a problem with you race, and set out to make drastic change in the community, then your race will not move foward. Your race will be stuck in the past.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Racist Quotes

I am all about an honest dialogue, and have not made any racist statements towards you or the black race.

Really ok lets go down the list…

We in the white community have many leaders that will tell us what we should be doing, and do not pander to us. However, the black community does not have any. Jesse Jackson? Al Sharpton? No way!! Jesse Jackson is too busy trying to get black murderers from being executed than to point out problems.

ok

just look around the poor neighborhoods. All I see when I drive through are kids running around unsupervised! Not at home doing their homework, or with parents in view. Drive through a white neighborhood, and what do you see?

really

I don't know anything about Marcus Garvey, or Malcom X.

that’s a shame

I know what the communities look like, and have an idea of what is going on. Unfortunately, if there were some good leaders in the communities, then we would see the problems decrease.
People such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton pander to the communities, and shake down corporations for donations. Children unattended are joining gangs, failing in school, and the teenage girls are getting pregnant. You think I don't know the situation in the black communities? I nailed it!

Really I guess only blacks do this.

And my loaded Glock under the seat? Yes.

For who?

I hope this is a wake up call for black people to not rely on the government. Get educated, stay off of drugs, and work hard. Most importantly, heed the warning and get out!

Man I am through with you… You don’t even know your racist that is really sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Let's not forget

I don't make it a priority to drive through "the hood" as you say it, because black people there often prey on people they perceive as weak(i.e. families, teenagers, women, etc.).

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I am all about an honest dialogue, and have not made any racist statements towards you or the black race. Until you see a problem with you race, and set out to make drastic change in the community, then your race will not move foward. Your race will be stuck in the past.

It seems someone has ideals stuck in the past. "They're savages" has been said by many people throughout the past. If the society isn't exactly as your's, then they are "primative". I honestly don't think you could convince many people with your degrading and berating of blacks. This thread just shows more people what type of person you are.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As Henrick Clarks said "Civilization is the be civil to one another show me where they were civil in first contacts and integration of cultures." Assimilation is not civil never has been. Someone or thing has to die for the total whole to change to the “mainstream” idea of happiness. For some it is hard to see. Most countries in the world are not civilized. The term "savage" is more about emotional reactions. That has continually control the Western idea of life. One day its god the next democracy, after that justice . This all fits a small group of ideals that are not inclusive of others. I'm not man just fustrated.
But that too will pass.

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have heard many black people state that blacks like Colin Powell or Clarence Thomas are sell-outs or "uncle toms". Yet, they look to 50 cent or Snoop Doggy Dogg for rolemodels. Unfortunately, when someone looks to rolemodels that do not follow America's values, then we see why there is such a high rate of the following among blacks:

1. births out of wedlock
2. drug arrests(selling)
3. HIV rate on the rise
4. High number of 4th graders reading below grade level

This goes back to the beginning of the thread, but you fail to see the "big picture" as a race. I know that there are other races that have many problems, but it is quite simple to solve the problems. Denounce 50 cent and Snoop. Praise people like Condaleeza Rice and Colin Powell.
The more you denounce these people, and play up the others, then we will see less of the problems. If we see a higher rate of conservative blacks come along, then we will see a difference.
I would be interested in seeing who is committing these crimes. I surmise the majority of these crimes are committed by Democrats, or people with liberal leaning political views.
Lets see if there is some research on this. My gut feeling is that I am right

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You fail to see the big picture as a american. While you admit that the problems you link to the black community exist in all poor communities, it is still only a black problem in your eyes. While you swear to have all the answers you show nothing more than continual ignorance. There are three black people in this thread. All well read, seemingly educated, and probably successful, as the majority of black folk in this country. But you are too high on your pulpit to recognize the black people that live in the middle class, and you of course denounce the 2% like Fifty and Snoop who've achieved extreme wealth (do you ask white people to reject Tarintino because he makes violent movies for profit?), and then you bang hard on the poor minority. Yes, it is a minority. The majority of black people have jobs and go to work every day just like you. They are american just like you, and subject to the same life forces you and every american are subject to. 1/4 of the black population in this country lives in poverty. Black people make up 12% of the over all US population of 280 million. That is roughly 34-5 million people and 9 or so million of those black people happen to be poor.

Your big black "problem" is nothing more than a figment of your imagination. I suggest you stay out of the "hood" or as Treach said "If you ain't ever lived to the ghetto--Don't ever come to the ghetto--'Cause you cain't understand the ghetto!"

peace yall.

[edit: i think i circumvented the sensor...didn't need the swear to get my point across anyway]

[edit on 28-1-2006 by Saphronia]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You fail to see the big picture as a american. While you admit that the problems you link to the black community exist in all poor communities, it is still only a black problem in your eyes. While you swear to have all the answers you show nothing more than continual ignorance. There are three black people in this thread. All well read, seemingly educated, and probably successful, as the majority of black folk in this country. But you are too high on your pulpit to recognize the black people that live in the middle class, and you of course denounce the 2% like Fifty and Snoop who've achieved extreme wealth (do you ask white people to reject Tarintino because he makes violent movies for profit?), and then you bang hard on the poor minority. Yes, it is a minority. The majority of black people have jobs and go to work every day just like you. They are american just like you, and subject to the same life forces you and every american are subject to. 1/4 of the black population in this country lives in poverty. Black people make up 12% of the over all US population of 280 million. That is roughly 34-5 million people and 9 or so million of those black people happen to be poor.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by Saphronia]

I wouldn't give 5% of our population credit for being "well educated" and maybe 10% overall are successfull.
According to u.s. justice statistics the only "majority" party that can be found in blacks are in prison. In 1997, 9 percent of the black U.S. population was under correctional supervision.

For the most part I wouldn't imagine the 'black folk' in this country are much different than the so called "white" one's,
sick of the bull# this system is feeding all of us.
The biggest difference between our people in respect to our shades of skin is that most 'dark' people still have a chip on their shoulder because their ancestors were brought here as slaves and regardless how much they are treated 'equal',
most of them feel like they should get 'special treatment'.

I'm Creole, a Coon-Ass, the great white 'n-word'...
but definitely not a 'wigger'.

And Kanye is definitely smoking crack to pose as the PASSION of Jesus Christ (PBUH) , no he is not and no will he ever be 'that' crack.

The first song on his first album;;

"We don't care"
And all my people thats drug dealin jus to get by stack ya money till it gets sky high-This dope money here is Lil Treys scholarship-Drug dealin jus to get by stack ya money till it gets sky high-

then he blessed us with "Crack Music" from his second one.....

Writin when our soldiers ran for the stove cuz--
Cuz dreams of being 'Hova went from bein a brokeman ta bein a dopeman
Ta bein a president look theres hope man
This that inspiration for tha mos and tha folks man,
Shorty come and see if mama straight overdosin.
And this is the soundtrack,
This tha type of music you make when you round that--
Crack music nigga,
That real black music nigga.

[The Game]
That's that crack music nigga
That real black music nigga

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la

www.azlyrics.com...

He needs his black dope smoking ass whipped!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm not in the business of explaining hiphop lyrics. And, even if I tried to explain it to you-you still wouldn't get it. Let it go cause it's beyond you. I'm coming off like I mean, "its a black thang you wouldn't understand"... but that's not what i mean, you just don't get it, and there are a lot of people like you that don't know what they are talking about but still got something to say. Don't ask me to explain copy pasted which aren't even in the right context. Go ask ya kids or something.

Secondly, do the math, you wanna put us ALL in prison? That is just unrealistic. There are those that make their living off of "WE NEED TO RISE AS A PEOPLE." And they say things like "We've made great strides since the civil rights act but we need to go further." How far really? People destroy their lives and futures everyday. Aint got nothing to do with the color of their skin. We have all seen it so why is this thread about black people. A small minority whose problems are dwarfed when compared to the white folks in real numbers. Not stats and percents. You break it down to the real values and then judge, because then you can actually put these numbers in context, and out of the hands of spin doctors.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
[The Game]
That's that crack music nigga
That real black music nigga

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la

[Kanye]
That's that crack music, crack music,that real black music, black music

[Malik Yusef]
Our father, give us this day our daily bread ...give us these days and take our daily bread,
See I done did all this ole bull#
And to attone I throw a little somethin, somethin on the pulpit.
We took that #, measured it and then cooked that #
And what we gave back was crack music
And now we ooze it through they nooks and crannies
So our mammas aint got to be they cooks and nannies
And we gonna repo everything they ever took from grammy
Now the former slaves trade hooks for grammies
This dark diction has become America's addiction those who ain't even black use it.

I totally agree! What the hell is this crap! Whatever happened to music from Tina Turner? Marvin Gaye? Diana Ross? Smoky Robinson? Gladys Knight? There is some real talent from those in the black community, but I can definetely say this idiot(Kanye) is not one.

Secondly, do the math, you wanna put us ALL in prison? That is just unrealistic. There are those that make their living off of "WE NEED TO RISE AS A PEOPLE." And they say things like "We've made great strides since the civil rights act but we need to go further." How far really? People destroy their lives and futures everyday. Aint got nothing to do with the color of their skin. We have all seen it so why is this thread about black people. A small minority whose problems are dwarfed when compared to the white folks in real numbers. Not stats and percents. You break it down to the real values and then judge, because then you can actually put these numbers in context, and out of the hands of spin doctors.

I think that white people have made tremendous strides from where we were 50 years ago. I'm sure you disagree, huh? However, I do know there is more to be done.
I think that a cycle of poverty exists in the black community, and more needs to be done to improve this. When you talk about schools, and the unequal practices, there are reasons. Many white people do not want to work in a school where the parents don't help out, cars get broken into, and the kids are rude. I think I am eventually going to buy a "beater" car, and maybe get a job in one of those schools. Maybe I can make a difference(God knows the difference is not being done at home).

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A cycle of poverty exist in America, period.

I give up.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A cycle of poverty exist in America, period.

I give up.

You put me in the same classification as him don't you ?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by agwardlds
I would be interested in seeing who is committing these crimes. I surmise the majority of these crimes are committed by Democrats, or people with liberal leaning political views.

Lets see if there is some research on this. My gut feeling is that I am right

No need to do research. Simple demographics would bear out your premise though not your implied causal assertion.

Most people are Democrats. In high population areas, overwhelmingly so. If most people in NY or California are Democrats, then it stands to reason most in those overcrowded jails are too.

In Georgia or Alabama I have no idea. If you wanted to run with your premise, I suppose you could say most wife beaters and bar brawlers are Republican and probably be right too. White collar embezzlers? No doubt. Criminal lobbyists? You bet cha. Most indicted party proper? Republican far and away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join