It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black liberals need tough love!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It is true that you can be for one thing but not against another, but I think that people just like to complain and have a target for all their problems. They can't work them out on their own. I feel sorry for you people.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm fine what is your problem? Are we breathing too hard over here for you?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackThought
IT IS NOT ANIT WHITE!!! it might me if you believe all the power is there. So APAC has nothing to do with america a jewish lobbying group? Are they racsit? Do they want to separate? The Many think tanks that gives this government adivce on events. To take care of my house should not offend you.

you have to admit alot of your "leaders" (weather picked by you or not) do have an anti white agenda. no nothing pro anything bothers me its just when i feel that some one is politically taken an anti white stance that i get offended. im shure you know how that feels .....when someone takes an anti black political stance you become offended. and no im not talking about think tanks or any thing else that is pro improvment.

i asked about the seperatism because that is how you sound (to me atleast) that you want a seperate government or an all black government.
which does not bother me unless i lose my rights or as long as the agenda stays as what is good for the country not for one peticular group.

why would i be offended by think tanks? or anyone trying to bring positive to your communitie?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The anti-white to you might be a glass ceiling that need to be broken to me there is nothing wrong with pointing out patterns of power.

Sorry most think tanks are funded by certain companies and foundations that ae pushing agendas.

For instance the haritage foundation whole hartely push this govermnent to go invation of iraq
that
they will shower us with flowers when whe get there...
It will take only one billion dollars by that time is here the oil money will pay for everything...
There wil be not riots and looting...
We should be able to disban te army and fire all bathis...

so on and so on.

But on a personal note promoting ideals that are counter incluson. These think tanks sprung up when the conservatives felt like they did not have a voice in media. I like the truth not the spin lib or conserv. Can't plan my life on lies.

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

now i realise that the white man has had a head start in america, but blacks have a whole lot more rights now then they did. and in some cases blacks have more rights then others. what i mean by the playing field is even is that there are a whole lot more oppertunities to make a change, but most are fine with bitching about how the man is keeping you down, and not doing anything about it.

You bring up a lot of good points. I think TOO many blacks are talking about how the white man is keeping them down. It is important to move past this to grow. I hope that more people decide to make a change.

With no information you are teaching ignorance. BTW I go to the trailer parks and see the same things you complain about.

And I would say the same things to them as I am saying to you guys. I am an equal opportunity person.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe their parents are at work? Of course not all the black/poor kids are just being ignored. This is a stereotype unworthy of a response because you are making all of these assumptions off of limited information. Your own perception isn't factual evidence. You can look out of your window and see what appears to be a homeless person walking down the street when in fact its just me having a really bad day. How the heck do you know what's going on outside from the inside of your car (with you doors locked, for sure, and your windows rolled up)

And my loaded Glock under the seat? Yes.

I realize that the parents may be at work. Statistically, the hours directly after school are when the most burglaries occur. The FBI Uniform Crime Reports show this. Obviously, we know that these are the kids that are not being watched properly.
I know what the communities look like, and have an idea of what is going on. Unfortunately, if there were some good leaders in the communities, then we would see the problems decrease.
People such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton pander to the communities, and shake down corporations for donations. Children unattended are joining gangs, failing in school, and the teenage girls are getting pregnant. You think I don't know the situation in the black communities? I nailed it!
The only way to improve the situation in these communities is to have a great leader to tell you like it is. I like what Bill Cosby said in his comments to the black community. I think that the comments that he raises really bring the problems to a head.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
it is not the past it is happening now. Blatant things are happening now can't you not understand that. I guess if you met a person on the street like you that had a gun what do you think would happen? Stereotypes might be the death of you. You look in books but you might want to listen to the people on the street.

WE all have to live here not just you and we have our own ideas on the pursuit of happiness.

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I will state my argument once more. Blacks need to jump parties and become conservative. White America is leaning conservative in case you guys didn't know. I even have a link here from a major liberal leaning paper which says the same thing. The proof is in the pudding

ssl.tnr.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's good to have two political parties. Not everyone should be conservative. It needs to alternate to keep the ideology in check. That way it is more of a comprimise between them instead of having one group do all the picking. I may not agree with certain political parties agendas, but that doesn't mean I won't support their right to have an opinion and act on it.

And as for you BT, what do you mean "what's my problem"? You're the one saying we should give 'extra' rights to certain groups, how's that fair. So what if the fat kid gets picked on at school, doesn't mean he can go for free.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
nothing is "extra " about equal access to resources. Black people should not "belong" to one party. They should have interest groups and then bargain with both parties.

The problem with the Demos in 2004 was they were soo afraid they they would lose the white male vote that they ignored the rest. The republicans have givin out better seats of power to blacks but there is no diversity in thought. Same Mantra just in facepaint.

My interest are just like your interest good schools, affordable healthcare, opportunites for my children and to be protected by the police instead of being looked at like a criminal.

For instance Someone stole my chip out of my accura while i was in florida. I called the police the police did not fingerprint the panels, did not really look for a suspect even though i knew who it was.
And started asking me questions like "who did i piss off for this to happen". That is not what i am paying him for... For him to believe that i caused it on myself. Just like when you say we need to be conservative . To tell the truth we are more conservative in daily life. My family was not bohemean and the people around my family were not either .they preached school, family, and achivement.

That is why the repubs were able to get the black and muslim church vote dealing with gays and abortion.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

nothing is "extra " about equal access to resources. Black people should not "belong" to one party. They should have interest groups and then bargain with both parties.

My interest are just like your interest good schools, affordable healthcare, opportunites for my children and to be protected by the police instead of being looked at like a criminal.

For instance Someone stole my chip out of my accura while i was in florida. I called the police the police did not fingerprint the panels, did not really look for a suspect even though i knew who it was.
And started asking me questions like "who did i piss off for this to happen". That is not what i am paying him for... For him to believe that i caused it on myself. Just like when you say we need to be conservative . To tell the truth we are more conservative in daily life. My family was not bohemean and the people around my family were not either .they preached school, family, and achivement.

Having access to resources that not everyone else has based on color of skin would be 'extras'.

I'm white.(I said it) I go to a community techincal college(because I cannot afford better), and I have no healthcare, or medical insurance of any kind. Anyone, no matter what color they are, should have the same opportunities as I do, no more no less.(excluding scolarships given away by private parties)

And about the theft...It's true that the police will usually not fingerprint, unless it's a 'very serious crime'. I've never personally heard of any fingerprinting done in a regular theft case in my local area. It's actually more expensive than you'd think. That, and a lot of areas don't have immediate access to many resources. They always ask if you upset someone, or who could be seeking to 'get back at you'. It's standard protocol, not profiling.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ok will gloss over the questions of personal guilt... but to the point being denied resource because of rasce is wrong too. and if you read the the Supreme court cases involving race related issue of quotas or AA they specifically say because of the way society works today there is still a need to level the field because there are inequalites.

People scoff at quotas in school but if your father went to a certain college you get points to go their also... Hmmmm sound like a quota or AA to me. But most are fine with that especially in ivy league colleges

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ok will gloss over the questions of personal guilt... but to the point being denied resource because of rasce is wrong too. and if you read the the Supreme court cases involving race related issue of quotas or AA they specifically say because of the way society works today there is still a need to level the field because there are inequalites.

People scoff at quotas in school but if your father went to a certain college you get points to go their also... Hmmmm sound like a quota or AA to me. But most are fine with that especially in ivy league colleges

First of all, not going for a guilt trip. I know nobody in my immediate area that is being denied money to go to college based on race. The FAFSA is, I believe an almost universal form for Federal Aide. On the form, there is a question of what race you are.(also an option not to disclose) I believe the question of race should be irrelevant to the form. It doesn't matter what color you are, you should have equal opportunity. There is no social justice that needs to be righted by giving money to certain races. Don't even mention reparations.

And as for getting credit for your father attending a certain college, I recieved more money because neither of my parents attended college. You don't need extras to make things equal. A monetary solution to an ethical problem is ridiculous. That's like asking a school to give me more money because I suck at sports and don't qualify for a sports scolarship.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious that the playing field isn't equal. Let's say a black man's grandfather, and a white man's grandfather tried to get a job as a bank teller in 1955. The white man gets the job because it's 1955, and the black man's only recorse is to find another job, most likely very low paying. As the white man moves up the ranks, he becomes richer, and opens doors for his son, who does the same in turn for his son. The black man tries to do well by his son by getting him a job at the low paying place, and this continues to the grandson. The white family getting richer the whole way, while the black family get's poorer, or stays the same.

There are instances where someone is smart enough to figure a way out of the loop, but that percentage isn't very high. On the white side, you don't need to be smart to be well off and supported. On the black side you do.

I can't think of one stupid black person to ever be rich who didn't get there by:
a. Entertaining people
b. playing sports
c. selling drugs
d. winning the lottery
c. suing the hell out of someone else

Whereas a white man with an IQ as high above coco the gorilla's as mine is above his, (35 points) can become president of the United States.

As long as the money's roots lie in racism and prejudice of the past, then the playing field can't be equal.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I recieved more money because neither of my parents attended college. You don't need extras to make things equal. A monetary solution to an ethical problem is ridiculous

I guess you gave the "extra" money back because it was not fair to the rest of us. Why shouold you get a leg up because of the educational status of your parent? Not trying to talk bad about you ok
So why is what you recieved good and other "extra" activities are not?

For instance I went to a state university. While i was there a court order came in saying that the cencus said there were 60% whites living around the college. I went the a HBC for those Historicaly Black College. The court ordered that the college population should reflect the community.

So new students came in. There was a lot of crap but to cut through the chase my friends roomate which came from Pulaski, TN was able to get a full ride, Food, Dorm, Books, tuition. His grade average was 2.7 in high school!! Tell me where was a black man a can get into a university on a full scholarship with a 2.7 without doing any extra activites in school? That is the crap I'm talking about. sometimes the court might rule in favor but black folks DO not get rides like that.

The guys that got in were democrats when they get older and have children with the ablity to get a good job their children will be republicans talking about bootstraps and quit whinning.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As long as we continue to let the word 'n-word' define the line between freedom of speech and taking away another man's rights,
neither the so called 'black OR white' people will ever have a proper voice.

I totally understand the people who are offended by the use of the word 'n-word', but their anger is only present because they feel like it is an insulting word and that it describes them. On the other hand, the word 'n-word' has contributed to the multi platinum success stories of Kanye West, Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, and a truckload of not-so-notorious rappers in the past.
9 times out of 10, the word 'n-word' is used to describe a friend, a cool mo-fo'...
fa-shizzle ma'nizzle! = for sure my nigga!
and the use of the word 'n-word' is acceptable when it comes from a nigga's mouth on almost all occassions,
but the use of the word 'n-word' is never acceptable when it comes from a white person's mouth.

Trent Lott lost his position as speaker of the house because of his comments regarding the difference in our nation today compared to the way "may" have been if Strom Thurman would have won his campaign to lead this country.
Not only does the word 'n-word' have the power to inspire hate rage and companionship amongst people, a refrence by the speaker of the house that was 'unacceptable' by the black community has the power to remove a man from a position that holds an extreme amount of influence and status.
As history has shown, you don't even imply or touch on this issue if you don't want to lose your life.
On Martin Luther King's birthday while watching footage of his famous "i have a dream' speech,
it dawned on me...
he probably sold out Malcolm X... and the rest of the black people.
He was running for something, playing a role according to the white man's direction. His dream is still alive, but the race issues in this nation has become a nightmare because of the direction he showed 'his' people in public compared to the directions he accepted behind closed doors.
In all aspects of the game, he is the white man's posterboy to inspire the black man.
As a rule of thumb, I do not accept the words of anybody who is representing me in this world unless they are pissed off and screaming about ANYthing . None of our leaders have ever stood or spoke from the perspective that WE ARE IN DEEP CRAP! We have to stop making it worse! !
but they are all going to help us fix 'something'.
right.

I certainly don't intend to anger any of you who are insulted by this particular combination of 6 letters, it's just that I believe breaking the barriers that surrounds this word would be a much greater accomplishment than breaking the sound barrier.
And if this one particular word is not addressed in the beginning, it will continue to be our greatest obstacle throughout since one mention of 'it' can cause another big-bang theory.

We are all black when the lights go out.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

So new students came in. There was a lot of crap but to cut through the chase my friends roomate which came from Pulaski, TN was able to get a full ride, Food, Dorm, Books, tuition. His grade average was 2.7 in high school!! Tell me where was a black man a can get into a university on a full scholarship with a 2.7 without doing any extra activites in school? That is the crap I'm talking about. sometimes the court might rule in favor but black folks DO not get rides like that.

Are you saing this roommate was white? I am unsure. Please explain so I can get a better idea.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It's good to have two political parties. Not everyone should be conservative. It needs to alternate to keep the ideology in check. That way it is more of a comprimise between them instead of having one group do all the picking. I may not agree with certain political parties agendas, but that doesn't mean I won't support their right to have an opinion and act on it.

I love the two party system. I had fun during the 2006 election. My mother-in-law is a die-hard Kerry supporter, and our family are Republicans. I taught my 5 year-old son to tell my mother-in-law that John Kerry was "going down". It was great.
However, I just wish more blacks were conservative. I see their race not really going anywhere, andf thats why. Our country is mostly conservative now. The blacks are not representative politically of our population in the respect that they statistically have the same amount of conservatives.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
51 percent of the country is not much of a majority. And lets keep in mind how many of the 2000 and 2004 votes weren't counted, so I severely doubt it's actually a majority.

I think a 2 party system blows. There are many more than 2 types of people in this country. The problem is that people can't stop thinking in dichotomies. Black/White, Good/Bad, Liberal/Conservative, Big end/Little end. Give me a break, there is so much more the human experience than deciding what type of Democrat, or what type of Republican you are.

Personally I think that hiding behind the word "conservative" is a cop out. It's like saying "I'm not responsible for my own opinions, it's the way conservatives think". The same goes for saying that your liberal.

I think the way I do because I see life from my eyes.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

the word 'n-word' has contributed to the multi platinum success stories of Kanye West, Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, and a truckload of not-so-notorious rappers in the past.

I don't think it's that deep. We grow up using it like its a curse...something we dare not say in front our parents or grown folk in general. Tis just part of our vocab, now. You are giving it way too much power. When a rapper uses nigga tis like saying and or the. It's just a word. Like any other word, it has serveral different meanings and connotations. I use it, not like I use to, but it's a hard thing to just take up out of your mouth.

Pick a word, one that you use a few hundred times a day, and tell yourself you will not say that word all day. That's what it's like. Then think back on how hard it was to do it and what it accomplished...not a darn thang! Cept a lot of frustration and stuttering. I was so disappointed when Oprah sat on her high horse like the word police one day on her show like removing nigga from our vocab is all of a sudden going to make being black in america heaven on earth. It takes hard work for anyone to succeed in this country. I say preach the work and leave the words alone.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The problem with the Demos in 2004 was they were soo afraid they they would lose the white male vote that they ignored the rest. The republicans have givin out better seats of power to blacks but there is no diversity in thought. Same Mantra just in facepaint.

That is why the repubs were able to get the black and muslim church vote dealing with gays and abortion.

First off fingerprinting is not done on petty theft especially on a car. Its outside they would get so many finger prints from different people who have touched the car. This gives them no evidence. This is not a race thing its a procedure in law enforcement. When i got my tires slashed not only did they not finger print but i also heard the same "who did you piss off" again not a race thing. i also often get pulled over and my car searched because im young and have tattoos and probably look like a drug dealer or drug addict to most older cops. and i have been pulled over and basically assulted by a black police officer in the past for no reason.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join