It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Prepares for Iran Invasion - 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This article from the Jerusalem Post quoting a German newspaper talks about US preparation for an attack upon Iran in 2006. It seems to indicate a plan for an air assault is currently being formed, including NATO and several Arab countries being briefed.

www.jpost.com
The United States government reportedly began coordinating with NATO its plans for a possible military attack against Iran.

The German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel collected various reports from the German media indicating that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization are examining the prospects of such a strike.

According to the report, CIA chief Porter Gus, in his last visit to Turkey on December 12, requested Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to provide military bases to the United States in 2006 from where they would be able to launch an assault.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I am sure the US is making plans in the event Iran violates a possible UN sanction or IAEA demand would we really at this point already speak with Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc? Such a meeting, if they in fact occurred, would seem to indicate a possible acceleration of this event. Although it could also be seen as a way to threaten Iran, hopefully securing their compliance to any such rulings/sanctions.

While I understand we might find ourselves in a position where such an attack is needed my largest concerns revolve around our current troops in Iraq. With our forces being deployed so close would an attack by us put our troops at greater risk for a retaliatory strike by Iran?

Is this an actual plan likely to occur or is it simply a planning session for what might occur? It does seem with the involvement of so many countries this is moving into a much higher level of reality.

[edit on 12/31/2005 by nativeokie]

[edit on 12/31/2005 by nativeokie]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

from the article
According to the report, CIA chief Porter Gus....

Porter Gus?
Who exactly is the fact checker for this paper?
It is Porter Goss, which is spelled correctly from the origianl source.

The US, along with a number of nations, routinely generate full on scenario contingency plans.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My goodness, one story quoting another story which was quoting a third story and so on and so on......................

Not a single quote from an original source.

I remember back in high school humanities class ( this WAS several decades ago....) my teacher told us the one basic rule for judging truth and propaganda. Trust the one with actual people saying actual words, not second and third hand quotes.

Not saying plans aren't being developed, of course they are! Couldn't we find a little more original and informative source? Then we could discuss reality instead of second hand supposition.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
already covered here (from a turkish source):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
wow example there? of what you just said a quote of a quote I have gone through like 2 ATS threads now and someone just posted another? WHERE DOES IT START?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
nevermind...its not on atsnn anymore....sorry.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
snafu7700 - I dont think it is upgraded as an ATSNN story. It is ATS Current Events.

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
WHERE DOES IT START?

Originally posted by Montana
My goodness, one story quoting another story which was quoting a third story and so on and so on......................

Not a single quote from an original source.

Couldn't we find a little more original and informative source? Then we could discuss reality instead of second hand supposition.

Tricks - Montana The answer to your questions.

The prospect began being discussed 2 years ago by German diplomats. The growing likelihood of the military option is back in the headlines in Germany thanks to a slew of stories that have run in the German national media over the holidays. Speigel in particular has been pushing the issue hard.

The most talked about story is a Dec. 23 piece by the German news agency DDP from journalist and intelligence expert Udo Ulfkotte.

Spiegel link

According to Ulfkotte's report, "western security sources" claim that during CIA Director Porter Goss' Dec. 12 visit to Ankara, he asked Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to provide support for a possibile 2006 air strike against Iranian nuclear and military facilities. More specifically, Goss is said to have asked Turkey to provide unfettered exchange of intelligence that could help with a mission.

DDP also reported that the governments of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman and Pakistan have been informed in recent weeks of Washington's military plans. The countries, apparently, were told that air strikes were a "possible option," but they were given no specific timeframe for the operations.

In a report published on Wednesday, the Berlin daily Der Tagesspiegel also cited NATO intelligence sources claiming that Washington's western allies had been informed that the United States is currently investigating all possibilities of bringing the mullah-led regime into line, including military options.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time. Iran has now rejected the proposed plan to enrich their uranium in Russia - that was probably their last "get out" chance. The clock it ticking...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well isnt there a huge growing call for democracy among the youth why not have a coup in Iran to overthrow their leader.

new topics

top topics

join