It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titor Countdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I noticed a few days ago when I logged in that there is a new counter to John Titor's Civil War.

My question is, why is it counting down till 2006? As has been discussed on many other threads, you can't peg a civil war to a particular date, and you certainly cannot peg it to suddenly begin the moment a new year begins.

So my question is... do people really believe that there is going to be some sort of event that will definitively prove Titor true or false? Do people believe that it will happen soon?

I've always been under the impression that it was an immense waiting game, hence why I don't tend to participate in the slam-fests that are the "True or not" debates. Like the man said, it will become self obvious by 2008. If it isn't self obvious by the end of 2008 (That's December 2008), THEN you can officially name him a hoax. Until then, you can toss points and analysis around as much as you like, it is all covered in the 2% variance rate between universes (According to the Multi World Theorem).

So, do you all think that there will be some definitive moment on New Year's day that proves Titor correct or false or is it just a website gimmick?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The countdown is up because Titor predicted that the war would start in 2005, meaning he has about 3.5 hours left. This is also regarded as a major indicator of whether or not Titor was a fraud for those who developed a fondness for the charlatan.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Incorrect. I spent a few weeks actually reading Titor's stuff, as I have a tendency to obsess over whichever topic I happen to be interested in at the time.

Titor said that the war began in 2004, but that everyone wouldn't realize it was a civil war until 2008. Don't you people even read the stuff you make claims about? I can dig out a quote if you'd like.

America will soon be engaged in civil war with itself; a civil war that we'll see the beginnings of during 2004 and 2005, escalating until it is indisputable by 2008 ("a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over") and "will consume everyone in the US by 2012"

That is a quote, and a paraphrasing of what Titor said, from THIS website...

The Story of John Titor

So what sort of rational thought concocts a timer for 2006 when it isn't even apparent to everyone until 2008? You think that when it suddenly turns 2006, that he's a hoax? People, READ the stuff you're talking about, PLEASE.

J_3

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes KRYSTALSWORD

He leaves it open to 2008 to be recognized as a full "dispute" or conflict. And peaking 2012-2015 at which point a nuclear war ..blah blah.

But im just saying the only thing he says about 2004\2005 was that was when the attacks on civil liberties would begin. The little pieces that are recognized years after the war, is what start to surface slowly on a monthly basis.

If you ask me, with all of the events recently concerning ourr politicians and failed policies, every month a new piece of BUSH's mistakes are unvieled - usually all of which present an attack on our rights.

He said in 2005 when its starts to begin - People will have to decide how much freedom they would be willing to sacrifice for security. Considerin this was all predicted before 2000 even, (way before 911) it shows something.

new topics

top topics

join