It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Brown says stay out of the holy land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I was watching Montel on wed and phsycic Sylvia Brown was on. After she was asked questions by the audience Montel asked her if there is anything to worry about in the new year and she said to stay away from the holy land and to stay off trains.
first, how credible is Sylvia Brown?
second, anyone else hear anything about something happening in the holy land in 2006? I have seen bible codes that say there will be an attack using a nuclear weapon on Jerusalem.
for those of you who don't know, Montel is a talk show on FOX, and she has been appearing on his show for years.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Stay away from the phony psychics. Most of them are fake and the 'real' ones are inspired by the devil. This is what the Bible has to say about them,
from Deuteronomy 18:

9 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't take anything she says seriously. the same show she watched a video of some orbs that were clearly dust and she said that they were angels. but what she said about staying out of the holy land was interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i don't put much faith so to speak behind sylvia brown......but do you notice that anytime there is a chance for people of christianity to preach against something that is above their explination, they do?

i have a sister-in-law that is psychic...she's given me tarot reading years before things have happened....very specific readings.....events, people....

and yet, another person i knew who was devout christian says that she's evil and i should stay away from her...

now who should i beleive, my sister in law who gave me good insight and is a good friend, or a psycho religious nut who preaches skewed words before actually thinking about all possibilities?

i guess i'm the anti-christ because i believe in psychics no??

**edit....was it a bus or train that was bombed in france?

[edit on 31-12-2005 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hahaha, man...people are gullible. I swear anyone who charges more then $50 bucks for a psychic reading is probably it for the money. I mean I can understand why some psychic charge $50 bucks, I mean how else are they suppose to pay their bills when they get one or two readers a day.

But Sylvia Brown charges up tp $700 dollar for a reading, and would give crappy prediction that would last about no more then 1 minute. How do I know? I head some audio reading of hers...I found it quite humorous actually. I just pity the callers.

And yea, I hmm really? Wow, well I learn not to take all of what the bible said literally, I appreciate the bible because of it's moral aspects. Do I believe Jesus was real, yes, like I said I take some stuff literally out of the bible. What about Genesis, haha no....that's symbolic...

Also I heard the bible was edited, and if you read some of the original texts from the bible, like the dead sea scrolls or whatever (gnostic christian) it's not really against those type of things.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
On this one I think that Sylvia may be right, things are going to start heating up again in that area of the world.

So she perhaps will be right.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

**edit....was it a bus or train that was bombed in france?

I don't recall a bombing in France, there were the riots. maybe your thinking of the Madrid train bombings in Spain, or the bus and train bombings in London.

Also, same show a woman from the audiance asked how and when she would die, without hesitation she said heart attack when 84.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Stay away from the phony psychics. Most of them are fake and the 'real' ones are inspired by the devil. This is what the Bible has to say about them,
from Deuteronomy 18:

9 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

Thank you for sharing what YOUR bible says - I put as much faith in Sylvia as I do your bible.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
About her phone readings, they last 20 / 30 minutes.

A Phone consultation with Sylvia or Chris lasts approximately 20-30 minutes.

www.sylvia.org...

I hate it when people lie.

deny ignorance

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
On the show which aired on Friday one of her most interesting predictions was involving cancer research. She has said that this year we will learn of a new vaccine for cancer. It will stop lung, colon and stomach cancers.

They also previewed her 2005 predictions, she had a pretty good track record including train bombings, celebrity predictions, hurricanes, etc.

Time will tell. I do appreciate the fact she is willing to put dates to predictions, without saying like some - one day a cure for cancer will exist. Instead she has said this year the vaccine will found. We only have 365 days to see if she is right.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I watch a show about psychics on court tv, it has several of them on there, usually one working a case, their only called in by the police when they have exhausted everything or the family requests that they talk to a psychic. Most of the time the police officers they interview are shocked that these psychics are able to give them so much info.

In one case a woman who had never worked as a psychic kept giving them info and she was correct and then they turned around and arrested her for murder, lucky for her the three killers were caught and confessed.

Anyway I have never seen the first show with Sylvia Brown on it though she says she has worked with the police to solve crimes many times, anyone here know of a case where she assisted the police to solve a crime?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

from Deuteronomy 18:

Thanks for sharing your opinion on what you believe. Here is mine opinion. I don't believe in the bible. Also, I don't believe in the devil. I believe that psychic awareness is part of our souls. It is who we are if we learn how to use it.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 56

I was watching Montel on wed and phsycic Sylvia Brown was on.

first, how credible is Sylvia Brown?

to help you decide...here's a page to read & a site to explore...
skepdic.com...

this link provides some information about Silvia Browne
the Madonna of psychics
and her claims about working with police departments and also
solving cases etc.

If you want more stuff about her claims, such as her claim to solving the 1990s WTC bombing, and her pre-event warning about Sept 11th...
you can access the skepdic.com archives with the Google-search
box at the bottom of the page...just type in 'Sylvia Browne'
i've seen there's about a dozen topics listed, concerning SB

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This isn't the world's greatest physic prediction. Anyone who reads their newspaper or watches the news on televsion from time to time knows about the growing tension between Iran and Israel.

Israel prepares for feared nuclear attack by Iran
JERUSALEM — Israel is expanding its arsenal to deal with what it now views as the greatest potential threat to its existence: a nuclear attack by Iran.

It has acquired dozens of warplanes with long-range fuel tanks to allow them to reach Iran and signed a deal with Germany for two submarines reportedly capable of firing nuclear missiles

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can make reasonably accurate predictions myself if i'm this vauge and base my predictions on what I read in the paper. Let's see...I'm predicting a large number of grass fires in California this year. Everyone beware.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
St Udio read through that link. I would say the person who runs that site has a particular hatred of Sylvia and others. Not sure it is really an unbiased opinion, he often refers to her in a nasty negative way.

Look I am not sure about her. I have though been to some of her seminars and had a reading with her. While I won't disclose a lot of detail I can tell you she did not take my bait when I tried to trick her. She did immediately mention something I was going through that was very specific and my family did not even know about it.

Do I believe there are people with physic powers? Yes. I also believe everyone has that ability. I believe that some people are tapped into parts of the brain others aren't or don't readily control. Many people have similar experiences of not taking a certain road due to a bad feeling or staying home one night because they just feel something is going to happen. To me this is the same as what she does.

In addition she writes and speaks a lot about the afterlife. Her descriptions of the afterlife and her discussions of God (who she believes in by the way) actually fit what I have always felt in my heart long before I heard of her.

Thanks for the link though, I enjoy reading about others opinions. I still believe this person to be completely biased in what they say and how they say it.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaCentauri

from Deuteronomy 18:

Thanks for sharing your opinion on what you believe. Here is mine opinion. I don't believe in the bible. Also, I don't believe in the devil. I believe that psychic awareness is part of our souls. It is who we are if we learn how to use it.

It's simply a warning. Involvement with the occult rarely has a positive end. It may not be possible to discern this on ones own. Common sense should inform us, however, that not every philosophy or every practice is valid or healthy. The Bible has proven it's worth with far more accurate predictions than any psychic could claim. It predicted the exact timing of the arrival of Jesus for example. In modern times we see the rebirth of Israel and some precursors of the coming one world government, all fulfillments of ancient Biblical prophecies.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
While I will keep my general opinion of Sylvia to myself, I do believe she can see somethings, I don't believe it's on point 100% of the time. I do believe that anyone who focuses on the world happenings would be able to make certain predictions given the info at hand.

Especially liked how she ended the show, Montel asked "Give us a good prediction for 2006, something happy" Sylvia responds, "The boys will be coming home" or something to that extent. Has that not been the discussion of many other people/newspapers/tv news shows? Not much of a prediction there.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

from Deuteronomy 18:

I guess that includes every prophet in the bible who "gave predictions of the future"...............

They practiced "divination" whether or not they claimed it came from God.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

from Deuteronomy 18:

I guess that includes every prophet in the bible who "gave predictions of the future"...............

They practiced "divination" whether or not they claimed it came from God.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Muaddib]

awww...snap.

funny you should mention that...since when does it state in your bible...(which i think is nonsense) that your prophets are the only ones allowed to look into the future?

i'm gonna eat a bagle and predict that this year i will meet a new woman...

may or may not come true, but if i claim it was "god's work" then it's ok, but if i don't, im a satanist right?

i thought this was about sylvia browne and her psychic abilities, not whether we're gonna be judged for listening to her. Try preaching to another crowd.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A big war between Israel and the Arab states!!???

Never in a million years!!

Seriously though, of course there'll be a big war between them, considering the Iranian leader wants to wipe Israel off the map and they're suspected of having WMD anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join