It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
World renowned political pundit Steve Martin is right!

It's time to stop the liberal temporal war. Which is a lot like the liberal war on Christmas they talk about on AM radio for hours on end, only more insideous. I mean this is exactly the kind of thing that really matters. This is after all why we vote Republican, isn't it?

"This year's leap second is an assault on the American public," says commentator Bill O'Reilly. "The reason the leap second is even being proposed is because of America Haters, because of Iraqi hate mongers, and let's be honest, Shiites. Why would you add a second to the year unless you're an anti-American hate monger?"

I remember liberals at a party saying, 'let's add a second to the year' and I was the only one who spoke up against it. Why would they want to add a second to the year? Because it gives them a second longer to hate Bush.

"Look, look, look, look. A leap second is a denial of everything American, of everything good, of everything moral. They're saying we need this second because the earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the earth, well this is the no spin zone. So we don't need a leap second. Though I would rather have a leap second than some of these hate-mongers who go around hating even their own ideas! They need to hate their own ideas so much that you have many liberals proposing the leap second, which is an idea that they hate, yet, they propose.

"I am so so so so upset with these people, who actually believe their ideas, yet, I have no hate in my heart. I am a simple guy, who only has my own true beliefs and a few products that are my cornerstone to fight against the leap second poobah. Let me say it aloud: Leap Second, leap second, leap second. Doesn't it sound ugly?

"Please, don't let these Darwinian leap-seconders, who believe that the planets revolve around the sun, who believe that rocks are sedimentary, igneous and stalactites, who are innocent dim-wit believers in a faith bordering on hating everything religious like trees and fruitcake, yet, who don't believe in John 7:12:45:67:89, have their say. "

"...now let's take some calls."

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
On the one hand, it will give me another second to complain about Bush, but it also means he will be in the White House a second longer, so I havent' really been able to figure out where I stand on this 'leap-second' issue.

My life revolves around my dislike of Bush and my hatred of America, apple pie, baseball and patriotic symbols, so I wake up in the morning thinking, "How can I show my hatred of America today"? Every issue in the news and otherwise is assessed according to how it effects my ability to complain about Bush or this country.

But this one truly has me stumped...
I don't know which side to take... What will I do?

Thanks a lot, RANT, for making my New Year so confusing...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Perhaps we need another extra second to rethink what we has done on a haste all year specially when it comes to politics.

I am starting to wonder if we all have independent thinking anymore

Everything that we believe, love, hope, worship and agree with has been manipulated one way or another by outside forces or by what one group wants and another don't.

Why we have to give so much priority to what other wants and what we want from others.

I am like Steve I am tire of everything but that doesn't mean that I hate my country and I hate Bush, I disagree with Bush policies and politics but that is base on who I am as human, American being that has seen what is going on since he became a president, I don't need anybody to tell me how good he is or how rotten he is, I can see the good, the bad and the ugly all by myself.

I really don't even give a darn about liberal and conservative tagging I care about what is happening around me that affects me and my nation, so please do not insult me for disagreeing with you.

Yes lets give another second to Bush bashing or loving or to life itself, after all is our God given right under the constitution to have the freedom to change our own minds and to hope for another minute of your time.

Lets take some more calls.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Time

Well seeing how this is a conspiracy site, I hope everyone conspires to have a great 2006 .

new topics

top topics

join