It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chance to pay "protection" tax.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Here we go. According to so many conspiracies I see here, it is the evil Zionists and Christians who are the terrible ones. How about this, the Palestinians and the Hamas think that charging a Jizya, or a protection tax, to the non-Muslims in Bethlehem. Who are the non-Muslims to be protected from, I ask?

So, as we also know, when the Israelis were in control of Bethlehem, all sites, Christian, Jewish as well as Islamic, were equally protected, and after the Muslims were given it, important religious sites were destroyed or vandalized. Now, we see that they want to charge "protection" to those who aren't as they are; again. I say again because it is an old concept for the Muslim. Give them control, and, obviously, it is to be again.

Here is the article.

“We in Hamas intend to implement this tax someday. We say it openly – we welcome everyone to Palestine but only if they agree to live under our rules.”

www.chiesa.espressonline.it...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Mafia mentality run Gov,there would be hell to pay if any civilized Gov in the world exclusively taxed solely the minority for any reason i`d wager,let alone those of the Islamic faith.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

So, as we also know, when the Israelis were in control of Bethlehem, all sites, Christian, Jewish as well as Islamic, were equally protected, and after the Muslims were given it, important religious sites were destroyed or vandalized. Now, we see that they want to charge "protection" to those who aren't as they are; again. I say again because it is an old concept for the Muslim. Give them control, and, obviously, it is to be again.

Just want to point out, TC, that Israel has only had "control" for 50 odd years. Before that, there were several Islamic Empires in control for many centuries (prior to the UK "acquiring" the land).

Saladin himself was a good protector of other faiths and I am pretty sure the Ottoman Turks weren't all that bad either.

It is only recently, where the Palestinians were sailed down the river by the international community, that any vandalism has taken place.

Not that I condone it, just correcting your apparent bias against Muslims.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The Israelis were there historically 3 Millenia ago, were the so called Palestinins? Palestinian was a word that was used to describe Jews during old times, hmmm I wonder hwo that came about? It is clear to me that these Palestinians in modern times are only bargaining chips for their socalled arab brothers and nothing else.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
these Palestinians in modern times are only bargaining chips for their socalled arab brothers and nothing else.

I agree with you. The arab world shuns the Palestinians and wants
nothing to do with them. They all (except Jordan) kick them out and
treat them as dirt ... until they want something and then they play
the Palestinian card. The VERY oil rich arab nations could easily
take care of the 'poor' Palestinians. They don't though, do they?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Just want to point out, TC, that Israel has only had "control" for 50 odd years.

Intersting.

Could you please provide a source that Israel had control over Bethlehem the last 50 years?

Furthermore, one has to know that jizya tax for Christians in Bethlehem is the repressive tax Dhimmi, Non-Muslems had to pay if they are to be allowed to live on Muslime land under Islamic rule.
This tax revives the one applied through all of Islamic history to the dhimmi, the second-class Jewish and Christian citizens.

Dhimmitude is akin to slavery, with very limited rights.

new topics

top topics

join