It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The McKenna Factor & "TimeWave Zero"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There are a great many 2012 threads here, and they are all good...

Most of them point to Mayan or Egyptian or Chinese origins of the prophecies
that things change in a major way December 2012...

A great "super-theory" however must be considered...

Terence and Dennis McKenna, two genius brothers who
were mathematicians and ethnobotanists who researched a great many things,
wrote a number of books... the book they wrote about 2012 must be considered here...

They took everything people on this site seem to know about 2012,
but then they COMBINED all those historical facts from those ancient civilizations
and then, here's the best part, they created a MATHEMATICAL FORMULA
to express what the Mayan Calender, the Chinese I Ching and other
oracles have said all along...

To summarize, their theory, called TIMEWAVE ZERO,
is a simple X-Y axis....

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
-----------------------------------------

The North-South Axis represents MAJOR EVENTS IN HISTORY,
while the East-West Axis represents TIME, in decades or even centuries.

To make a long story short, the McKennas found that when they "plotted" major events
in history ("novelty"), then began to see a "pattern" to history itself... and how, during the 20th century for instance, there was an "ingression of novelty" as things "quickened"...

When their timeline was extrapolated to the year 2012,
it turns out that the line they used to graph- a line that looked like
a Dow Jones index during a crazy day of trading-
well, this line actually found its' end, it's terminus... on December 23rd 2012...

In other words- the line representing life as we know it... ends... on the same date
predicted by the Ancients- not because the McKennas MADE it fit retroactively,
but because a) its' a cool coincidence or b) its' some type of hard mathematical proof
or at least cooberration regarding these prophecies.

Enuf of my attempts to summarize a complex theory the creators needed a whole book to explain... if interested, google Dennis McKenna or Terence McKenna and TIMEWAVE ZERO.

Any one else like the McKenna brothers and their insanely great adventures and theories?

Best,

T.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"Mandelbrot Fractal:

A numbering device that creates time patterns that match with historical events when laid upon (plotted) across the mayan calender. Everything syncs IF ending date is 12/21/12"

Also, if you look at technology and human integration into it, and graph it, it goes steadily upward for the past 30 years. Closing on the previous 10 years the angle becomes steeper. If the same mathematical pattern (with rate of a rate increasing as it is) is applied to future, we hit a point of infinity. Where the line of the graph goes straight up. (Basically, bad for society, good for us).

[edit on 12-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It is true that history repeats itself, civilizations rise and fall. Chances are this is because of mankind's inability to learn from it's mistakes, or the inability to pass that type of knowledge along.

I would agree that things are happening faster and faster, but I find it impossible to believe this rate can continue to "infinity." Yes, technology advances faster and faster, but there is always some type of stopping block that holds it in check.

Take microprocessor speed for example. Transistors were getting smaller and smaller until they were microscopic and we couldn't make them any smaller due to the leakage of electricity flowing through them. Then, as we tried to condense them upon the surface of a chip, the speed increase stopped when we found that electricity can only travel across distances so fast (about the speed of light). This is when "Dual-processors" were implemented. No longer is it one large processor, it's two processors running parallel to each other, creating the illusion of a faster processor.

Just because a line of history comes to an end, does not mean existence itself comes to an end.

-Warlo

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
McKenna was on to something here. His theory is as relevant as the Big Bang, and much more plausible. He has dozens of videos on google and youtube, I recommend you watch them.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i dont know this theory but great post lastgamefilm

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm a fan of his, but I'm not sure about Timewave Zero eventhough I admire the effort. The I Ching was used to extrapolate graphs through an almost amusingly complex method that seems more divinely (read: '___') inspired than mathematical, although he does make a compelling argument. That said, I think that things are definitely speeding up and historical patterns are returing with increased speed. There's no question that we are reaching a point of some kind beyond which even the 1990's will look like ancient history, although who knows if it's 2012.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hey guys welcome me back to ATS!!! It's the first time I have posted something like ages!!! Since the threads how to control people.... etc...

That's like 2003? even? i dunno anyway...

Very intresting stuff...... very intresting.... So what happens to civilization when that date reaches us?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Novelty becomes infinite when the timewave collapses. Nobody knows what infinite novelty would be perceived as. Some say it is the end of our experience of linear time.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If you like the Mckennas, then I suggest reading 2012 The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck.
en.wikipedia.org...

Desteni Productions has a web page claiming to be Terrence from the afterlife. Pretty interesting read:

"It is no coincidence that in the ‘Book of Life’ as the ‘Holy Bible’ where GOD states: Do not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil = the most misinterpreted sentence that exists.

The very book that contradicts itself, because it is within Genesis ‘the beginning of creation’, the first book in the Bible where this sentence is ‘spoken by God’ – and what does man and woman do as Adam and Eve: They eat the damn fruit.

WHAT IF:

The very BOOK, the BIBLE is the very TREE, the words in the book the very FRUIT of ‘knowledge of good and evil’ ‘GOD’ said to NOT EAT FROM – in other words: To not ‘believe’ in the words, to not ‘read the words’, to not ‘absorb’ the words – otherwise you’ll be kicked out of the ‘garden of Eden’ = the garden of Eden, the kingdom of heaven – YOU.

Have a look at the entire BOOK: Good vs. Evil exists everywhere in the very contents of the BOOK – You may do this and you may not do that = good vs. evil. Satan and God = good vs. evil. YET – in the very beginning of the book it reads: Do not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil…"

desteni.co.za...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by confusedamused

I enjoyed your interpretation of the Tree of Knowledge. I think it is one of the most interesting lines in the Bible. I personally have always considered the possibility that it meant understanding and awareness. Having such leads to fear and death, i.e. understanding that we die and fear of it, understanding of the world leads to harnessing that knowledge eventually creating weapons etc. But this is all for another thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastGameFilm

*In other words- the line representing life as we know it... ends...

I am glad you said life as we know it ends and not we are all destroyed because that is exactly what will happen.

Change is the key word:
It simply changes...no more silly competing, no more value judgements against your neighbors, you will always be taken care of, people will begin not showing old age until 300 earth years. People will not judge you whether you have not gone to college, gone to college, what your salary is, who your friends are or were, what you look like, whether you are fun or not fun, socially acceptable or not, what your accomplishments were etc.

Evolve and Love is the totality of it all.

Oh by the way....you will be able to communicate telepathically as well

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Terrence also said a good possible explanation for that point(2012)would be the accomplishment of time travel.
(excerpt from Terrence on art bells show 1997-05-22)

"TM: Well, I've thought about this a good deal, and there are hard and soft scenarios, but I've noticed that what the Timewave seems most coherently able to track is technology. Somehow technology is very important, it's the transformation of the human relationship to the world through tools. And so what I'm thinking would fulfill this entire scenario without requiring God Almighty to put in an appearance is time travel. I think that we are moving toward ... you know if you look at biology over huge scales of time ... hundreds of millions of years ... it is a kind of conquest of dimensionality..."

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Didn't the T0 program predict something big happening October 2008? Now the banks are collapsing.

If he was just guessing then by the laws of probability it's got a lot of things right, a shame he wasn't here now to see all this.

From the I Ching of all things! He would have loved the design of the LHC.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think Terrence Mckenna was onto something huge here. I am almost 100 percent certain he was onto something. I hear people say he was just a tripped out hippie who thought too much... or at least that's what it seems like most people seem to think, but if I'm not mistaken, the double helix shape of DNA was first conceptualized by a scientist on hallucinogenic drugs.

I know for a fact that consciousness itself is spiral in nature, and it is interesting that when Mckenna laid out the values of events so they lined up, they created a spiral. Consciousness is a spiral within a spiral, and this is basically what Mckenna was saying... and it repeats infinitely. It is fractal in nature... and the timewave theory goes along GREAT with Nassim Haramein's theory that in fact the universe and all matter within it is FRACTAL in nature.

If the universe is only able to exist because of precise mathematical values, it would be assumed the the consciousness observing it could be mapped out mathematically, along with each underlying and overlapping layer within and without the universe.

Which begs the question... if time and space and all underlying and overlapping structure is precise in its design.... everything that ever has and ever will exist is already in existence, and we are observing a structured consciousness matrix frame by frame.

It's a disturbingly heavy concept. Who is the observer???? God??? Well if this is a precise structured matrix for "God" to observe.... then is "God" an integral part of this structure? Or does "God" input from some existence outside of any reality within this matrix?

This MUST BE a super advanced computer program. Are "The Gods" aliens, or just computer programmers who can manipulate the coding in real time?

And is this a never ending continuum of computer programs within computer programs?

And will my head explode in five, four, three, two.... SPLOOSH!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch posted on 2-1-2009

I think Terrence Mckenna was onto something huge here. I am almost 100 percent certain he was onto something.

How do you feel now in 2012?

Oooops. you got banned supporting TMZ. Imagine that.

edit on 8-3-2012 by KeyLimePie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I suppose that the Time Wave Theory is moot after 12/21/2012....unless time is somehow "recycled" again.

new topics

top topics

join