It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Aliens Hostile?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The other day, I was pondering the existence of aliens. And if they exist, what are their intentions? Do they want war, peace, power? I know the common conception of aliens is probably "I come in peace," but I started to think rationally. I'm only a high school student right now, but I'm in AP Biology and I take Honors Marine Biology and Honors Human Conscience. With what little knowledge I scraped from my brain, a few facts I got from my Bio teacher, and after reading some stuffz about Alien contact and simple animal psychology, I have come up with the following:

In the animal world, carnivores are naturally much more intelligent than herbivores because their daily routine is much more complex than that of a grazer. A carnivore usually tends to hunt in packs and must learn to coordinate with one another, telling each other when to ambush and when to retreat. As a predator hunts prey more and more, their mind becomes smarter and faster capable of creating far better strategies for killing and hunting, while herbivores are simple-minded grazers that only eat, sleep, and run when they see predators. A carnivore's high-protein diet also provides much more protein for the brain to develop and grow larger. More protein means more cell production, more cell production means faster thinking and stronger muscles, and more hunting means more stimulation for the animal's mind.

As evolution progresses, the carnivore will evolve more efficiently into sentient beings because of its experience with hunting and social interaction within hunting groups. For all intents and purposes, lets say that these sentient beings come across other species of animals on their planets. A carnivore's mind is immensely different from herbivores and even omnivores. A predator's first reaction to something different is usually to "bite it" in order to test whether or not it tastes good. Sharks are a good example of this, as they are known to bite pretty much everything. Well, what if over the years the carnivore's "bite" turns into something more intelligent... lets say laser guns. When it comes across something different now, the sentient beings will "shoot it" instead. I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "Hey maybe it wants peace or maybe it wants to learn from this other animal." But bear in mind, YOU my friend are an omnivore(plant/meat eater). Carnivore's have violent tendencies, aggressive behaviours, and almost no regret or sympathy (except when they are domesticated). We, as omnivores, can say that we are half carnivore and half herbivore. Half of us is violent and aggressive and cunning, which balances out the peaceful grazing dumb side of us.

Now imagine a race of sentient beings which are most likely much smarter than us because they dont have the dumb herbivore side of us, have little to no sympathy (basically sociopaths), are very curious but at the same time extremely violent. And yes, these beings will pretty much be like a race of Adolf Hitlers which are only interested in power and dominance, stemming from its primordial instincts which are to hunt and kill.

So one day lets say (hypothetically), that these sentient beings develop space travel. They most certainly will if us humans developed it, because their mind works much better with their high-protein diet and hunting skills. Now lets say that they (hypothetically) find our humble planet Earth. This is the big question, will they :

A) Suddenly want peace, and extend an olive branch to us. Then we'll hold hands and skip along the grass together.

B) Stemming from their natural instincts, want to hunt and destroy us.

You can decide for yourself what the likely outcome is. In conclusion, predators are more likely to become sentient beings (aliens) than herbivores. And if this happens, according to my theories (which are only theories) this race will be sociopathic and extremely aggressive. If we are already in contact with aliens, which many of you agree we are, then run for the hills ladies and gentlemen. Please, women and children first.

[Note: I apologized if I scared anyone, this is only my viewpoint.
But i told my teachers this theory and they sadly agreed with me
]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
......Sharks are a good example of this, as they are known to bite pretty much everything. Well, what if over the years the carnivore's "bite" turns into something more intelligent... lets say laser guns. When it comes across something different now, the sentient beings will "shoot it" instead......

Sounds a lot like the US government, when, in 1947, Truman ordered the armed forcet to, in your words, "shoot at any craft that wasn't one of ours, especially UFO's."

As far as the carnivore idea, I think is is a plausable one, but evolution of that kind of thinking would be slow at best, and might not ever involve space travel. Those who tend to want to shoot things or destroy things don't evolve too far, as evidenced by some cultures here on earth.

As far as the aliens that have and are visiting, and there are several kinds, if they wanted to destroy us they would have by now, because they can. All of them.

Nice post!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I agree with Sexymon, if they wanted to destroy us, they would have by now.

There are many races in the milky way, some are merchants, others philosophers, others are aggressive, and others are helpful.

This has to do with their species mind-pattern, instinct in the matter of survival.

Some have to depend on energy sources of other species as they're own are dieing out, like the 3ft greys.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Keep in mind there are several carnivorous predators on Earth whose ancestors were on Earth long before humans and to date, none have evolved into sentient beings. At least that we know of

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If there is any hostility it is because we did something to provoke them. If a UFO landed and a creature walked out of the craft and looked at you, what would you do?

A) Run screaming
B) Attack it
C) Look back at it until it does something
D) Try to communicate with it

I'm guessing human instinct would fall under A or B, when D would be the revolutionary answer...the friendly encounter, which is what I assume humans would do if they landed on a somewhat advanced lifeformed planet. Which inturn is what the Advanced alien would encounter about us.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Lets not make a mistake and based your analysis of alien/aliens on our understanding of human beings. Till date, there is no public references of what an alien being is, or definitive proof it exists other than unexplainable occurence in our skies and traumatic events experienced by fellow humans who under hyposis provide details of alien encounters.

Human kind's evolution of civilisation is largely based on matter of chances, never predictible as shown throughout history, shaped by single events which later transpired the intellectual and emotional advancement of what we term as 'civilisation', differentiating us from the other beasts whom we share this planet. Without Greeks, would Rome had evolved? Without the persistance of Edison, would we had electricity? Without religion, would we have behaved no better than lions as we forage the wilds to be the top heap of the food chain?

Who were the George Washington, Lincoln, Aristotle, Plato , Edisons, etc of the aliens? No one in the general public knows, even if they have or have not such beings. Are Aliens of the same developement as our mankind? Unknown. Therefore, how can we make the claim that they are hostile or not hostile?

If the alien contacts are to be accepted or believed, had they shown any hostile intentions? Of course. we have to bear in mind that any being which is capable of intersteller travel MIGHT be capable of weapons of which we may not even understand yet, such as for example. light propagation of different spectrums which we may not be aware of, for what is considered hostile if we dont understand what it is?

Of aliens. we may never know the facts...yet. But one thing for sure, we do know our human kind since the dawn of creation. What we dont know or understand, we will be the hostile ones for sure. That is why, many in this world are seriously seeking for answers, not denials. of what or who is 'up' there. Let us not make the mistakes of our exploring ancestors - extermination and genocide of living beings whom we didnt understand just because they look smaller or darker and different in many ways than us.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If there are intelligent space faring races watching this planet and its inhabitants secretively, and most likely abducting many against their will for whatever purposes they might have, that is not indicative of a friendly nature. Hostile yes. Violent, possibly not. All I really know is, I could never trust an ET as a result of their actions here.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
If there are intelligent space faring races watching this planet and its inhabitants secretively, and most likely abducting many against their will for whatever purposes they might have, that is not indicative of a friendly nature. Hostile yes. Violent, possibly not. All I really know is, I could never trust an ET as a result of their actions here.

You don't know that for sure. How can you confirm that "[Aliens are] most likely abducting many against their will" how can you justify that?

[edit on 31-12-2005 by the_renegade]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_renegade
You don't know that for sure. How can you confirm that "[Aliens are] most likely abducting many against their will" how can you justify that?

There are enough seemingly credible ET encounter stories of an abduction nature to come to a conclusion that at least a portion of abduction reports are true. For one, I do not doubt the validity of the Betty and Barney Hill abduction, and it was not at all a voluntary event for the Hills.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Ever thought what if a meat-eating species developed farms which they might let build up over time and then harvest them after they reached a sufficient size? These farms would not include plants but consist of animals that reproduced rapidly and provided food when harvest time came. What if humans were the food? We could all be seeded here as a farm and we're so stupid we don't know we're about to be harvested just like some dumb animals. The aliens could come along and even give us religion so we don't kill off each other too much in a congested farm situation. If we are a farm, maybe it's not harvest time yet and we're about to be seed stock for growing large populations on other planets as well.

On the other hand I don't like this farm theory stated above as much as the one as we humans may be an experiment that has gone out of control. I'd much rather think of aliens fearing us rather than thinking of us as the up and coming burger king meal.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Heelstone,

We'd do the same if we were in there shoes. Exploration, or a deal with a gov't. Technology for abductee's.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
While on a personal level, i will not doubt nor will accept the hyposis report of Betty Hill's abduction as with all UFO reports, I would like to draw upon the term 'hostile' used.

In the West, its common amongst male and females to shake hands or kiss each other in greetings, but in some countries of the East. it is considered a hostile and barbarian act even today.

In Communist Russia of the past and even most countries of today, normal civilians are 'invited' to the offices of the authorities for questioning. Can we term such acts as hostile?

What more, should beings, if they exists, of which we have absolutely no understanding of their culture and make up, 'invites' a human onboard its aircraft and does some 'questioning' - a method of which we may not be able to understand nor can be compared to our human standards and set free later?

This post of mine is not to defend such 'activities', if it truly exists, but to broaden our minds on the term 'hostile' and seek for greater transparency from the authorities to release more information, not another balloon theory of what is up there so that we may understand better. One common ufo witness may lie, a group may be considered mass hysteria, but geez...a whole world imagining unknown things flying in our skies? on international television? Gimme a break.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Amazing. That's exactly it, I don't even know what to say.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The actual term of hostile is aggression. And if you go by the basic principles of hostility, which is forsive brutality and intential harm.

Most extraterestrials are not as aggressive as we would think they are.

More than 90% of all life forms as advance or more advance than ourselves are never likely to do anything seen in Independence Day, War of the Worlds, Predator vs. Alien, in Signs, or as in a lot of anime films and series, like Robotech.

There is a 9.999999999% out the rest that may or may not do something like that. They might, but more than likely not as extreme and violent.

The remaining 0.000000000001 or so percent probably will, but they are more than likely on the other side of the universe or far enough away to never be of any concern to us. Then again since this percentage is so small, they could already be wiped out or never had existed in the first place.

Humans are the most hostile life form in the universe by far or one of the top ten. There are more levels of good than evil that we are not aware of.

I hope this helps clear out what people want to know.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
if aliens came here we would probably shoot them first an ask questions later thats if its a big fleet of craft im sure nukes an exotic secret weps would no doubt be deployed.

now if its just a few craft we would probably hold fire for judgement on them, see what they want, and other rhings technology exchange or shared.

at moment UFO's seem to be testing us in ways of detection and reaction times, dont sound to good does it, and abductions on top of that, hmm they dont seem friendly do they, yet they dont start a war either?

maybe their numbers are low and cant start a war that they would win, even after heavy loss on Human side we stillbeat em by numbers even with our technology.

if they are friendly why not communicate by radio or some communications wave to us?

theres more things going for hostile but not all out hostility for the aliens than peaceful options.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'd like to say to everyone "great posts!". Even though I don't necessarily agree with some of the posts, they are interesting nonetheless. Lord Tumuhab, where did you get those % statictics? Because they seem highly unlikely. Actually, its extremely unlikely. A peaceful race of aliens can only evolve from either herbivores or omnivores or (if there exists an alternative food source besides plant and meat, which has alternative consumers). And since herbivores are extremely unlikely to evolve into sentient beings because of what I told you in my first post, I don't believe that many could exist. And since we ourselves are omnivores, we can all agree that we are not peaceful critters when put against the environment and one another.

There is, one flaw that I admit to in my theory. I myself do not believe in evolution. Yes, I do believe in God. And if there is a creator, perhaps he has created many different races throughout his universe. Go to the page with all the latest threads on it and scroll down to "Lionpeople are a Reality". If you are interested my my true theory, then read the posts there.
Congrats and thanks to all the people who posted.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by TheBlueSoldier]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Because I am psychic and I am willing to prove it if anyone is willing to test me without pressuring me.

I can predict what people say and know, by what they feel. There I can feel the pain and suffering of others as well as the delight and warmth as well. I can sense more delight from outerspace than from Earth. Sense more suffering on Earth than in outerspace.

Humans are evil that's all there is to it. Humans disagree with being evil at all, because they feel as if they know about themselves better than anyone else and they think that they have a right to being correct in their sense of logic. I am human too, I suffer from your flaws. I know these thus I know humans. I know what the aliens are planning and I know why they are doing so. I can sense sadness in why they are doing so, but I don't sense as much arrogance towards others.

It is as if the ability to sense pain is common in the universe, but seldomly found here on Earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I agree that applying evolutionary principles to ET civilization and contact is a good idea.

The first poster, contrasting herbivores and carnivores is a good start.

But notice also that carnivores have a huge weakness---their dependence and specialization on a certain kind of prey and they can fall quickly when the prevalence of their prey falls due to whatever reasons. Wolf packs are predators with no enemies except humans, and yet they can starve.

For advanced civilization you need cooperation to build something big, and that requires population density and an ability to get along, to some degree. Huge hostility and ferociousness of an animal nature (sharks?) would be unsuitable. For civilization then, I would assume that the human model---flexible, intelligent omnivores---would be the preferred evolutionary basis. But there would undoubtably be some 'carnivore' in the blood, and so it ought to be assumed that most ETs are capable of violence, even if they choose to avoid it most of the time.

Now, also use evolutionary principles and human history to see what kinds of ETs are out there---and more specifically, who would be coming here.

Imagine a distribution of ET civlizations with varying outlooks and characters and governments and ideologies.

Now, consider that *we* cannot go out and fly there. Therefore, they will be coming here. What kinds of civilizations would intentionally go out of their way to come to our planet?

I'd have to say that it is more likely to follow in two categories: 1) imperialists 2) religiously/philosophically aggressive in converting

with the 1st being the more likely prospect.

The first ETs we encounter will more likely be from their kind of a Roman Empire, than a nice harp-playing dancing flower-child kind of civilization. The Romans wouldn't be irrationally violent; they would have laws and exert their power, but it would be made very clear that they get what they want.

If ETs are coming to Earth and interacting with the US government, I hence believe that there is a possibility the "coverup" on the part of the government may not be voluntary. That could explain the supposed extreme measures gone to keep the secret: the "or else" could be very very bad.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

I agree that applying evolutionary principles to ET civilization and contact is a good idea.

It's a bad idea, evolution on another planet could be complete different than here on Earth. By the way Hippos are plant eaters and they are highly deadly and aggressive. You can't base intelligence on what food someone eat's if it effects them differently.

The first poster, contrasting herbivores and carnivores is a good start.

Not really... it might be much different on another planet. Omnivores is the best food eaters, because they can adapt.

But notice also that carnivores have a huge weakness---their dependence and specialization on a certain kind of prey and they can fall quickly when the prevalence of their prey falls due to whatever reasons. Wolf packs are predators with no enemies except humans, and yet they can starve.

When they starve they resort to cannibalism, therefore there is always a solution to every problem. Even when the solution is idiotic and senseless.

And yes being a carnivore is a problem, being a hervabore is also a problem.

For advanced civilization you need cooperation to build something big, and that requires population density and an ability to get along, to some degree. Huge hostility and ferociousness of an animal nature (sharks?) would be unsuitable. For civilization then, I would assume that the human model---flexible, intelligent omnivores---would be the preferred evolutionary basis. But there would undoubtably be some 'carnivore' in the blood, and so it ought to be assumed that most ETs are capable of violence, even if they choose to avoid it most of the time.

Not all omnivores are violent and being a carnivore doesn't make you violent. You can be a scravenger for instance. That is being a carnivore, but you don't have to rely on vicciousness to get food, you just wait until you find a dead one.

And if you are going by Earth, you'd realise most intelligent life here is either omnivore or carnivore, herbavores specialize in just eating and reproducing, simply being food for carnivores and omnivores.

Now, also use evolutionary principles and human history to see what kinds of ETs are out there---and more specifically, who would be coming here.

You can't rely on our own history to know what's out there. They could be a lot like us, they could be very different. The possibilities are endless.

Imagine a distribution of ET civlizations with varying outlooks and characters and governments and ideologies.

Yeah and what about those that vary in goverment of the same race. What if they are more like us? Being of one race, but in different governments loosely hold together by a confederacy.

Take this for instance, on the Planet Ansombia, there existed a race of bull like humanoids. The Ansombians learn space travel, but are divided into five different nations. One which is democratic, like Canada. One which is in a military controlled state, like Sudan. One which is a monarchy, like Saudi Arabia. One which is a federal republic, pretending to be democratic and trying to control everything, like the United States. And one final one, in a socialist environment, like Cuba.

Yet all five nations are in one confederacy, in which they do things ingalactically as one nation and as one people. Yet if you went their planet, you would realize how different they were.

See what I mean?

This is an example of what could be true for any race of aliens.

Now, consider that *we* cannot go out and fly there. Therefore, they will be coming here. What kinds of civilizations would intentionally go out of their way to come to our planet?

Well some humans do things without thinking of the consequences.

Take my former associate Anna Marie that lives in California.

Me: Why do you have sex with every man you find?

Anna Marie: Because its fun.

She considers herself to be a goddess and far superior in intellect than myself, she might be true on that, but I doubt she's actually right.

The point is, aliens can be like that too. I doubt it of course, but you never know.

I'd have to say that it is more likely to follow in two categories: 1) imperialists 2) religiously/philosophically aggressive in converting

Actually there are over a thousand reasons they could come to Earth.

1) To mine out materials, yet do so friendly wise.

ET: Hello humans, our planet is dying can we have some of your salt.

Humans: Sure, neighbor.

2) To mine out materials, aggressive wise.

ET: We want all your salt now, and if you do not comply, we shall declare war with your race and exterminate you all like in War of the Worlds.

Humans: Aye Aye Aye!!!

3) To learn more about the universe.

ET: Hello, what is your ancestorial origins and what food do you eat?

Humans: well...

4) To advance themselves in some sort of spiritual or other means.

ET: We would like your race to join us in our spiritual togetherness.

Humans: Do you like Jesus?

5) To use us for their own means.

ET: Hmm human meat.

Humans: No please don't eat us.

6) To establish an empire of which they do only to prevent chaos and disorder.

ET: We want to help take care of those drug sellers and terrorist, you have been having a problem with.

Humans: Oh golly gee, thanks.

7) To no longer feel alone.

ET: Please make love to me!

Humans (Male): Uhh... do you have breast?

It could be any of these or others, any mix of these. It could be different among these yet operated by the same race of beings. Like one faction wants to kill all humans and another doesn't.

with the 1st being the more likely prospect.

The first ETs we encounter will more likely be from their kind of a Roman Empire, than a nice harp-playing dancing flower-child kind of civilization. The Romans wouldn't be irrationally violent; they would have laws and exert their power, but it would be made very clear that they get what they want.

Yep you know the Annunaki, quite well.

If ETs are coming to Earth and interacting with the US government, I hence believe that there is a possibility the "coverup" on the part of the government may not be voluntary. That could explain the supposed extreme measures gone to keep the secret: the "or else" could be very very bad.

Well the Annunaki are going to exterminate humans, if we do not change these parts about us.

1) Our intolerance towards people of different races

2) Our intolerance towards people of different ideas. Most christians and muslims and athiests, won't be saved.

3) The stupidity some of us have in wanting to do whatever we like

4) Our destructiveness towards animals

5) Our destructiveness towards our own planet

6) Our sexism, mainly its the type targeted towards men. Most of the extraterrestrials that are going to come here are going to be male, and they'll feel threaten if see another male being victimize, because he's a male. Female extraterrestrials might feel the same way too about the same thing, and that's due to their sympathy for other life forms.

7) Our intolerance towards people of different culture and different religions.

8) Our wars and struggles over resources, like oil. There goes most republicans.

And it's not like they want to do this either. It's more like they have no other choice, because its to insure we don't harm them or cause harm to anyone else.

The aliens we are going to encounter if we don't change our ways, are going to be a lot like from War of the World, except they won't be dumb enough to get themselves killed by disease.

And I doubt they'll kill everyone, just those they don't think deserve to live. It's like what's shown in the bible, except it's not about following the bible, its about insuring you don't have the traits listed above. Those eight.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I would like to think "Not" . I think for a species or ETs to evolved to the point of space travel would have to have coincide with each other peacefully to make it to that point.
But If I run into a ET one day, and I do live to tell about it. You guys will be the first to know

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join