It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question regarding werewolves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Origins of the Naga legend would be interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Oh yeah, he didn't eat people, either. He tried to act vegetarian b/c that was "the cool thing to be." werewolf, my x.

[edit on 1/4/06 by EastCoastKid]

you made an assumption that werewolves eat humans there. Prove it please. Plus why would they eat humans if they were humans themselves lol.....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hello:

I'm a lycan. I come out at night to feed,I don't depend on a
full moon to change I can do it at will. I don't like been aroun people
much the smell of a human drives me crazy!!
HHHOOOWWWLLL!!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Can you give us any evidence please? Like film of you changing into a wolf. Because, usually when I hear "Lycan" my mind skips to the movie "Underworld" where the term originated I believe. And that usually means the person saying it is an RP'er. RP meaning role playing as in gaming. Not accussing you of that but without evidence, I am a little sckeptical.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Can you give us any evidence please? Like film of you changing into a wolf.

I tell you what, the day a member uploads a film of them changing into a werewolf, I can guarantee that member will be a shoe-in for the Way Above Top Secret Award.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
True Dr. Love. Wouldn't it be a cool sight though?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
no offence but ya we need prove and ermmm you seem to talk about it in a joking kind of way....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think werewolves were made up to explain the mass murderes and rapists of yore. It was tough for the the powers that be to admit these things were happening, so they made up a scapegoat of sorts.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinxville
although there maybe many reasons like mutations or mind over matter
i can give a possible cause of such legends and some other similar creatures ie half man half beast it seems that in ancient times when armies would congregate in areas before or during campaigns the generals would organize pens of animals with which the sex starved soldiers could use for sexual relief as it was preferable to having disease ridden whores in the camps.
now every now and then its possible that a cross breed would happen between man and beast and further suppose that some would be dogs
this also explains why centaurs are often seen as warriors because they would be around the soldiers of long campaigns and may well have proved useful although as for mating with a horse could be tricky
i forget where i read this explaination but sounds plausible

I hate to say it, but, no, that is not plausible. Because of our genetics, semen from a human donor would not and can not fertilize an egg from a dog, horse, wolf, cat, or any other animal. Otherwise, all the instances of zoophilia that happen around the world--and, trust me, there are more occurrences than you would like to believe--would produce a lot of these hybrids, not to mention that we would have hybrids of other animals, like rhinos and elephants, or rabbits and cats, etc.

Hybrids that are born--such as mules, ligers, and so forth--are the results of animals very similar genetically (horse/donkey; lion/tiger). For us to produce a human-animal hybrid, we'd have to do the nasty with a chimp or another primate (and I'm not even sure that would produce anything).

Therefore, no, werewolves, centaurs, satyrs, sphinxes, and any other mythical hybrid animal did not come from the mating of a human with an animal.

Originally posted by warriorwolfpr
Hello:

I'm a lycan. I come out at night to feed,I don't depend on a
full moon to change I can do it at will. I don't like been aroun people
much the smell of a human drives me crazy!!
HHHOOOWWWLLL!!

If you don't like being around people, what are you doing here? Why aren't you in some obscure nature reserve, instead of sitting on the computer making claims you will not prove? After all, you can change at will. With the stamina of a wolf, you could get to the nearest forest in a week or two, maybe less. Don't worry about people tracking you down; nobody's going to recognize you if you stay in your wolf form, right?

If you're joking, ha ha, that's amusing. It doesn't add anything to the discussion, though.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Wolvaurynphamir]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
zoophilia... that's extreeeeemley disturbing! I still stand by my last post, which explains ergots poisoningz.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
well I sstill believe there are REAL werewolves that shapeshift....and i agree with Wolfvaurymphanir about hybrids between human-animals not bring possible.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snake64_009
well I still believe there are REAL werewolves that shapeshift....and i agree with Wolfvaurymphanir about hybrids between human-animals not bring possible.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Can you elaborate why you believe in this? Not trying to start anything, just curious. I too believe in shifters, not sure about physical shifters though, so I'm curious about your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
one reason that may have arisen the werewolf storied couldve been from the disease porphyia

sypmtoms-severe sensitivy to light, reddish brown teeth, nervous manifestations

many victims of this fled to the forests to stay isolated, many people seen with this disease were perceived as werewolves in there human form.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by PhilosophicalProspecter]

[edit on 12-1-2006 by PhilosophicalProspecter]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Can you elaborate why you believe in this? Not trying to start anything, just curious. I too believe in shifters, not sure about physical shifters though, so I'm curious about your thoughts.

I'm curious about your thoughts as well. By "shifters", do you mean people like therianthropes?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvaurynphamir

I'm curious about your thoughts as well. By "shifters", do you mean people like therianthropes?

Not sure about the exact terminology, but I think that is what I mean. People who feel a connection with nature and a certain animal (or more) and think they can become (mentally or physically) that animal. What are your thoughts on these types of people?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yes, that would describe therianthropes. I actually consider myself a therianthrope, though not in the physical sense (meaning I can't and don't believe in the ability to completely physically change shape).

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't know if they exist, but I certainanly hope they do. I'd love to get bitten by one and become one. x3 Compared to other cryptid sightings, werewolf sightings are unfortunatly fairly low. Not to mention the definition of werewolf can vary.

Werewolf -

- a Human that transforms into a wolf at the light of the full moon.

- a Human that transforms into a humanoid, bipedal("Anthro) wolf at the light of the full moon(My preference.
)

- a bipedal, humanoid wolf("Anthro").

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sorry to drag vampires into this, but I honestly am wondering. I know lycans once were the daylight gaurdians of vampires, but is it not true that you ahould keep your friends close, and your enemies closer? Are lycans and vampires truly mortal enemies?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxsanguinariusxX
Sorry to drag vampires into this, but I honestly am wondering. I know lycans once were the daylight gaurdians of vampires, but is it not true that you ahould keep your friends close, and your enemies closer? Are lycans and vampires truly mortal enemies?

As far as I know, Lycans and Vampires were always mortal enemies, weren't they? Never heard any of this "daylight guardian" theory. Where did you hear that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join