It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lyme Disease a Bioweapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Interesting if true, just think about all of the people who have been bitten by the deer tick and fell ill, went to the MD for treatment and the MD's were were misinformed by the CDC, not good at all. hmmmm I will keep an eye on this story. Happy new year to all !

US Govt Admits Lyme Disease a Bioweapon.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.indymedia.org.uk...

This is the first admission by a US government body that Lyme disease is a biological warfare agent. This is the reason that hundreds of thousands of men, women and children around the world have been left to rot with wrong diagnoses, or have had their Lyme disease acknowledged but been told that it is an "easily-treated" disease, given 3 weeks' antibiotics, then told to shove off when their symptoms carried on after that.

In Britain the existence of the epidemic is denied completely, and virtually no effort made to warn or educate the public about the dangers of ticks, which carry the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi.

The Borrelia genus has been a subject of biowar experimentation at least as far back as WW2, when the infamous Japanese Unit 731, which tortured and experimented on live prisoners, studied it.

The reality is, Lyme disease is for many a chronic, horrendous, incapacitating disease producing crippling fatigue, constant pain, loss of memory, possible paralysis, psychosis, blindness and even death.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I know this is an older post but are there any updates on the situation. I didn't think lyme disease could be a bioweapon because I've been told it was transmuted from ticks directly into the bloodstream. I always thought a bioweapon was transmuted by less direct means, but I've been wrong before. For what its worth, I was diagnosed with lyme disease at eight years old (15 years ago). At the time before diagnoses I lived at a military base in New Jersey. I never remember getting bitten by ticks, but remember getting "vaccination" shots from the school located on the base. Now, nobody will reply to this I guess but I was wondering if they're any more lyme disease people out there (by that I mean people interested it it (through personal diagnosis or relative diagnosis)).

Thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If you look at the second link

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identified these diseases as potential bioterrorism agents.".

Not defenant, they are reasearching on how they can use it to their advantage. Any natural bio-organism can be considered a bioweapon. Hence Bio-Weapon.

I have Lyme Disease, I was diagnosed when I devoloved Bell's Palsey, where half of my face went numb. I was treated, and it cured up. It will never go away. So if it comes back, there are ways to treat it. The only possible way it can lead to death is if it goes untreated.\

Sometimes someone may not even know they have the disease, until 20-30 years down the line from when they got it. I was lucky that it was diagnosed about 2 months after I got it.

Lyme disease is safe, if you can treat it.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Back in 99 I caught in Lyme disease, I presume, from a tick bite I got while riding my mountain bike. I have never been so sick in my life; crushing headaches, joint pain and tremendous fatigue. It was all I could do to get out of bed and make it down stairs to the sofa.

Upon my first trip to the MD, I was told I had a virus and that I should go home and rest. I knew it wasn’t a virus, but since I’m not a MD, I accepted her diagnosis. Fortunately, the bull eyes rash appeared on my leg and I went back to the MD and she correctly diagnosed me and gave me script for ten days of antibiotics. Three days later I was feeling good enough to go for a run and I’ve had no relapse in symptoms.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi Harvestfreak,

My apologies for not understanding the concept of a bio-weapon, thank you for enlightening me. I was wondering about your statement that lyme disease is safe if treated. Are you familiar with chronic lyme disease? There are symptoms that can manifest long after treatment, but I know this can be dismissed as hypochondria. Also, I've been told that I can't donate blood, although the disease is no longer active in my body it could become in someone elses. If this is true one might think that the virus could be passed on through sex, either to the recipient or the potential offspring. I realize that my knowledge in general is probably pathetic so if anyone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it.

Also, I know this isn't a support group, but I wish you (Harvestfreak) and ELTiante (and anyone else I guess) resounding health and happiness.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Lyme disease is not caused by a virus, but rather by bacteria.

The disease is caused by the parasite Borrelia, which has well over three hundred known genomic strains but is usually cultured as Borrelia burgdorferi, Borrelia afzelii or Borrelia garinii. Different Borrelia strains are predominant in Europe and North America.
The disease has been found to be transmitted to humans by the bite of infected Ixodes ticks. Not all ticks carry or can transmit this particular disease.

Borrelia burgdorferi resembles other spirochetes in that it is a highly specialized, motile, two-membrane, spiral-shaped bacterium which lives primarily as an extracellular pathogen. One of the most striking features of Borrelia burgdorferi as compared with other eubacteria is its unusual genome, which includes a linear chromosome approximately one megabase in size and numerous linear and circular plasmids.
Long-term culture of Borrelia burgdorferi results in a loss of some plasmids and changes in expressed protein profiles. Associated with the loss of plasmids is a loss in the ability of the organism to infect laboratory animals, suggesting that the plasmids encode key genes involved in virulence.

Borrelia burgdorferi may persist in humans and animals for months or years following initial infection, despite a robust humoral immune response. Borrelia burgdorferi is susceptible to antibiotics in vitro. However, there are contradictory reports as to the efficacy of antibiotics in vivo. While prompt treatment leads to full recovery in terms of signs and symptoms in the majority of cases, questions have arisen in regard to complete eradication of the bacterium from the host. Numerous studies have demonstrated persistence of infection despite repeated courses of antibiotic therapy.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ok, so it's caused by bacteria instead of a virus, my mistake. Does this mean that it can't be transmuted human to human? Is it only viruses that can be transmuted through genetic liquid? I promise you I once tried to be nice and donate blood and was denied because of the potential risk.

This thread was about the possibility of lyme disease being a bio-weapon. In the article you posted from wikipedia, it is stated at the end that "there are contradictory reports as to the efficacy of antibiotics in vivo. While prompt treatment leads to full recovery in terms of signs and symptoms in the majority of cases, questions have arisen in regard to complete eradication of the bacterium from the host. Numerous studies have demonstrated persistence of infection despite repeated courses of antibiotic therapy."

I'm obviously a newbie to message boards and apologize for not quoting in the proper manner. Regarding the statement from wikipedia, certainly more is needed to be learned about the disease (especially by me). Hopefully sometime in the future someone will be able to clear it up so that I can give blood and have offspring (or intercourse) without worrying about passing a possible bioweapon.

Many Thanks!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Lyme disease has been transmitted to people from ticks for ever. Lyme disease is NOT a bio weapon at all.

This is just foolish people.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo

This thread was about the possibility of lyme disease being a bio-weapon.

Hopefully sometime in the future someone will be able to clear it up so that I can give blood and have offspring (or intercourse) without worrying about passing a possible bioweapon.

Many Thanks!

There is no evidence, none, that Lyme is been weaponzied in any form or fashion. We live in an ocean of micro organism. They are in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink and any surface we touch. People got sick from micro organism eons before anyone thought about making a weapon out of one.

How did you arrive at this conclusion

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ok, I didn't start this thread, maybe it's not in the right forum, I'm not an expert on these matters.

Lyme disease has been transmitted to people from ticks for ever. Lyme disease is NOT a bio weapon at all.

Lyme disease might not be a bio-weapon, however how do you know it has been around forever? I know it's one of those diseases that has been just recently diagnosed, but do you have any evidence of it being around forever? If you read the link to the indymedia source in the original threadstarters post it'll explain why I am questioning this issue. I agree you're smarter than me I just want to see your evidence debunking the article's assertion.

There is no evidence, none, that Lyme is been weaponzied in any form or fashion. We live in an ocean of micro organism. They are in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink and any surface we touch. People got sick from micro organism eons before anyone thought about making a weapon out of one.

How did you arrive at this conclusion

First off, I arrived at my conclusion by reading the article provided by the threadstarter (the inymedia one). The MSNBC link doesn't work, and I have not found a new one to replace it (sorry). Basically, my conclusion from what I've read is that lyme disease has been acknowledged by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as one (of many) potential bioterrorist agents. The person who wrote the article points out that the disease is somewhat mysterious in that it can mimic other symptoms, making it hard to diagnose and treat.

The author points out that the Borrelia genus (from which Lyme disease is related to?) was used in biowarfare experiments in WW2. Also apparently honest doctors are being replaced by "disinfo" doctors for the purpose of covering up the nature of the disease.

If you read the comments to the article, there are several other good points brought up. To summarize, the symptoms of the disease can manifest quickly (although in some cases it takes years). Also there is a book referenced that exposes accidents covered up by the National Institute of Health. One of these accidents ocurred at a facility near Lyme, Ct (where I'm pretty sure the disease at least got its name from). Lastly, there is a comment of military lyme support, as in that members of the military are used as guinea pigs for some sort of testing of the disease. I posted earlier that I contracted Lyme disease while living on a military base (fort dix) in New Jersey when I was very young, which is why this is interesting for me at least.

Ok, hopefully you'll see what I'm getting at. I realize I'm ignorant and paranoid but I see some merit in here somewhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kwyjibo

I agree with this 100 percent...The truth about Montauk needs to come out

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I had honestly wondered that Lyme disease may have been spread with intention so as to keep people from shacking up in the woods during the sort of manufactured crisis we are experiencing atm

People in cities are easy targets, easy to control and, the threat of animals has become not much of a threat, so I have had this thought cross my mind, not that Lyme disease was created as a bio weapon, but rather spread by intention and introduced across wide areas to make the woods less hospitable.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Lyme is sexually transmitted. I transmitted it to my partner who is a Lyme Literate MD (LLMD) before we knew anything about the disease and that I carried the bacteria. I know a multitude of other Lyme patients whose children also have Lyme and recieved it in-vitro. Also, I would NEVER dream of donating blood. EVER. My Lyme has been beat down some with years of antibiotic therapy but it lurks nonetheless. That was to touch on topics brought up by Kwyjibo.

As for Lyme being a a potential bioweapon. It sure is a sneaky son-of-a-b and does manifest as a variety of other illnesses. I wouldn't put it past anyone to tinker around with something that has a known 200 strains or more and has been around well before Dr. Bergdorf "discovered" the bacteria.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A book on "Plumb Island" opened my eyes.I have heard from woodsmen that the reason the maps show Wisconsin as having Lymes prevalemce was thanks to an introduction of tick infected turkeys.I remember the year of the sudden appearance of the ticks in Wis.everybody was talking about it where I live.We are also the epicenter of the CWD in deer,coincidincie?
Synopsis of the book is that it is inded a bio-war agent,twice over,first by the WWII Germans,then a la Paperclip,our own.It's all in the book and online.
I believe a way to tell if you are "weak"to Lymes due to prior exposure is to see your reaction to tick attachment.If you react strongly maybe another try on anti-bio's.I like organic oatmeal which has tetracycaline.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What's the name of the book on Plum Island you read I'd like to check it out? I remember reading some info about the disease and how it was being studied or developed on Plum Island and was first discovered in Lyme Connecticut which is where it's name comes from. I heard a theory that infected deer or at least carrying infected tics from the island managed to escape and swam across Long Island sound to Connecticut

[edit on 23-2-2009 by warpboost]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
YAY I found the book!Took awhile,hence the delay.I just knew someone would ask...You're welcome,mate!
It is,"LAB 257" "the disturbing story of the government's secret germ laboratory" by Michael Christopher Carroll Copyright 2004 Harper Collins.300 pages of chilling indictment of the PTB BTW don't go to a doctor because they are GUESSING and you will end up on a CDC list.The primary diagnosis is based on the bullseye rash and if you need any further proof of supremicist origins:BLACKS don't show the rash!The internet is full of great info.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kwyjibo

No it's a bioweapon and the US began studying it via Nazi germ warfare scientists from operation paperclip. By the way guess what is just south of Lyme Ct. where it was first identified? Try the Plum island biowarfare research center. They have a tick research center there. Hmmm just a coincidence right?

www.rumormillnews.com...

There is a famous book on the subject, lab 257. As a sufferer from chronic Lyme, I can tell you it is a horrendous ongoing nightmare. I sometimes feel like I'm not going to make it through the day.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
from that book -

A former employee at Plum Island in the 1950’s has personal recollection of a “Nazi scientist” releasing ticks outdoors on Plum Island. “Traub might have monitored the tests. A source who worked on Plum Island in the 1950’s recalls that animal handlers and a scientist released ticks outdoors on the island. ‘They called him the Nazi scientist, when they came in, in 1951—they were inoculating these ticks,’ and a picture he once saw ‘shows the animal handler pointing to the area on Plum where they released the ticks.’ Dr. Traub’s World War II handiwork consisted of aerial virus sprays developed on Insel Riems and tested over occupied Russia, and of field work for Heinrich Himmler in Turkey. Indeed, his colleagues conducted bug trials by dropping live beetles from planes. An outdoor tick trial would have been de rigueur for Erich Traub.” (Ibid.; pp. 15-16.)

spitfirelist.com...

-

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Further notes on Lymes.I have been of the dawning realization that a tick attachment will cause a VERY strong and sudden reaction in an individual who has a chronic Lymes load.Well.let me tell you the proof that this is correct.

I felt a growing gnawing pain for about a half hour today and thought it was a burdock bit as I had been chopping weeds all day.On investigation one of those blasted nAZI arachnids was in my navel!A perfect place to inject a bacterium,no?

You know how,if you have rather thick skin,a splinter will suddenly become cognizant?It sort of hurts,but when you actually see it,your whole,or speaking for myself,my attention centers on getting it out,right now!?!Well this awareness caused the percieved pain to just go through the roof!I mean I was going to shock,trembling and heart palp's sweating palms,the whole deal,so fast!Like nothing else... The micro tweezers came up (thank you tweezerman whoever you are)with the whole Cheney.But still hurt like hell.

So I popped two 100 mg doxycycaline.Immediate relief.Placebo?I don't care what anyone thinks,I'm just warning you.I will report how I feel tomorrow morning when I awake.BTW I have been bit by over a hundred of these

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Next morning.I feel so much better.So I'm on an antibiotic regimen.And for good measure so's my dog.So I say,don't wait for the bulls eye rash to appear if you get a Tick Cheney,best get the germs before they have a chance to establish a foothold.S/he who hesitates is lost...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join