It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cry for technical help re foward swept wings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hey, I like that head on view! I hadn't thought of that before, a full box section. It would give some very useful benefits for structural strength and volume (maybe with fuel in the tip fairings) if it is aerodynamically viable.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My hunch is that it would be very stable in forward flight but have poor lateral agility -although remember we have TVC fitted as standard.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For the moment I think that we should model the D-0013 (FSW) config as-is. But when we have the wing right, and in light of any fuselage tweaks, we can experiment with trying to create a lifting body, and also of movin g the intakes further forward to make greater internal volume:

Graphics based on Imbalanced's 3-D model

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.colabsystems.com... Good surf

Have fun

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by COLAB
www.colabsystems.com... Good surf

Have fun
Thanks, that site is a great help. If you want to contribute to our project, even just explaining why that wing configuration was chosen, please just chip in. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thoughts on approach speeds etc:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A slightly more evolved illustration of the variable-incidence leading wing idea:

It would be powered by a non-afterburning and non-TVC EJ-200 giving about 13,000lb. the performance would be subsonic but it would have an internal weapons bay option able to accomodate one Storm Shadow cruise missile. It would have a compariatively low radar cross section but not be fully stealthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join