It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self rate your Ego

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
as you should be.!
I am somewhat empathetic to my coworkers..but sometimes, no matter how I try...I'll make one feel like a third grader...I usually give it an hour, then apologize...Usually telling them I am used to working with other idiots,
and am not used to someone who is self suffiecient in brain usage..LOL

But.......If it's a Manager, I usually let it go ...hehe

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Anyone who has met me would agree. I tend to try and act superior to others, or more mannerly. Its undoubtly an ego thing, whether I want it to be or not.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I am somewhat empathetic to my coworkers..but sometimes, no matter how I try...I'll make one feel like a third grader...I usually give it an hour, then apologize...Usually telling them I am used to working with other idiots,
and am not used to someone who is self suffiecient in brain usage..LOL

But.......If it's a Manager, I usually let it go ...hehe

LOL.

Work-- yeah.

I'm very good at what I do, and co-workers often come to me with questions, which is fine. However, I also tend to offer unsolicited advice, which doesn't always go over quite so well. And, just as you say, I'm sensitive to it when I offend a co-worker, and will always go out of my way to apologize, or to compensate for it by pointing out something at which they're particularly skilled.

But with managers, it's different. There are some of them that I like and for whom I feel some sympathy, and I hate to make them feel foolish. But yeah, there are others in whose feelings of foolishness I take pleasure, and who I'm willing to leave twisting in the wind.

But even with them, I have to avoid them in order to continue feeling that way, simply because, even if I truly dislike them, I'll feel sorry for them if they express their feelings to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
My ego can be 11/10 or sometimes 1/10. When it's low I try and keep out of any contact with people so as not to damage my domineering, arrogant reputation.
I'm clearly a megalomaniac. However I do try and help people as much as possible and can actually be rather kind. I often hide my true emotions by thrusting forward an opposite attitude to what I'm actually feeling.
No one knows what I'm really thinking and feeling because most of the time even I don't know.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
When mine is that low, I just borrow someone elses..
Ego Vampirism..

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
When I was younger, a friend of mine came to visit her family, and had to take pictures of her and me, just to prove that I really existed. Her friends didn't think it was possible for anyone to exist with an ego as low as mine is.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would say probably a 6 or 7...maybe even an 8...I can be very shure of myself and all that jazz...

my friends would probably say...hmm...10 or 11...yeah...yeah deffinatly a 10 or 11

what about you ATSers? (well...most new members dont know me cause of my old haitus thingy)

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Kinda funny I stumbled across this. About two days ago my ex-girl broke up with me because she said that I'm an "Egotistical Jerkoff" and the only response I could come up with was something along the lines of, "and the problem with this is?" So yeah, I would rate myself as a 9.5 and others see me as a 11. But the thing is, I am really good at whatever I put myself to or I keep trying until I get told to stop and then something happens to make me stop. It's like the determination of getting something done to make myself feel better that keeps it going. And now, just for the record, I feel the need to type, and that's how great I really am.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

In all seriousness, I'd say a 9. I'm kind of full of my self. I'm not a jerk or overt about it, but I'm a good looking guy, a good athlete, I'm going to one of the best business schools in the world, I have money, etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'd bump that up to a 10...LOL
no offense AMM...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My girlfriend says I am very sure of myself and can be cocky, but I do not see myself as it at all. I can be very self concsious of myself as much as I try to portray myself as the opposite. I find I try to compare myself to everyone else rather than just being satisfied with what I am.

Then I just think, I have a beautiful girlfriend who is the best, who loves me alot. So i think I must be doing something right.

Normally Id give myself a 7.. but when I think of the catch I got i bump it to a 9 or 10.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I'd bump that up to a 10...LOL
no offense AMM...

Fair enough.

I kept it at a 9 because I'm not a jerk about it and I don't rub it in peoples faces.

But yeah, I know I'm great.

EDIT:

I forgot to rate how others would view my ego. I would say a 6 or 7. I don't really like coming off as cocky...

Unless I am playing competative sports, in which case I am a 10, because I talk a lot of smack, and I am usually the best player at what ever I am playing.

- I guess I am a 10.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by American Mad Man]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Err, I don't really know, prolly a 10,. I really only think about myself.

Others...well I act differently to people, so others would say prolly a 4.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sad enough id say my ego goes from a 4 to a 8. Others might even say it goes higher at times

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Mine is a 5, but that's an arithmetic mean.

Others will have to speak for themselves.

[edit on 2006/1/30 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join