It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chalabi put in charge of Iraqi oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.forbes.com...

After an opposing view on allowing a rise in gas prices in Iraq, the deputy in charge of Oil , Ibrahim Bahr al-Ulum, was relived of his post and replaced with the the Deputy Minister of Iraq

en.wikipedia.org...

'The decision was taken because of Mr Bahr al-Ulum's objections to the early introduction of higher petrol prices,' the official said.

The Iraqi government earlier this month announced a tripling of petrol prices in a bid to reduce subsidies, a move that sparked angry protests across the country.

Seems like you still can't speak your mind without removal from office in some countries, but if this was during Saddams regime this guy would be dead. Protesting the increases in domestic price should be rewarded, not chastised, so it seems that Democracy has truly entered Iraq and our job is done.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Chalabi has certainly done VERY well for himself... considering he was one of the US sources for the WMD "evidence". Makes you think that he might have had a bit of an agenda the whole time? He obviously didnt engineer a whole network of deception about the WMDs, but i think his motives for telling the US Iraq had WMDs are suspect, which throws the veracity of his statements into a whole new light.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Chalabi promised US that he would divide Iraq in three areas so US can then have the oil barons take over the oil after privatization.

Yes he thinks that the oil in Iraq belong to him and he is in charge to handle it freely to, Texaco, Chevron, Mobil and Conoco.

Occurs the Iraqi people I mean the insurgency may differ

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Certainly, big oil has alot to gain from opening up Iraq to get thier hands on the oil, but I believe Chalabi's motivations were more personally based. He saw an oppertunity to oust his boss and become a rich and powerful leader under a new system of government.

new topics

top topics

join