It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA insanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Radical animal rights activists are targeting New York for a dramatic new anti-fur campaign that ends a pause in the gory in-your-face stunts the group said it imposed in the city after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
The fur fight starts Monday at the star-studded season premiere of the Metropolitan Opera.

Protesters from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals plan to dangle skinned foxes at folks wearing fur and yell: "Here's the rest of your fur coat!" With PETA, which often taps celebrities to get its message out, will be Persia White, the sexy star of the UPN show "Girlfriends," the group said.

www.nydailynews.com...

So where are they going to get the skinned foxes?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Where ARE they going to get the skinned foxes? good question.

I understand their point......... but arent they buying into the cruelty themselves with skinned foxes?

Personally I dont wear fur and wont. And certainly dont support the fur trade......... but skinned foxes????

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
People living in one Austin neighborhood said their days of eating at a longtime favorite restaurant are numbered. One Tarrytown woman's views on animal rights is affecting their way of life.

The Holiday House in the Tarrytown Courtyard is known for its flame-kissed burgers, but soon folks there may have to kiss them goodbye.

www.news8austin.com...

A shopping mall owned by a woman that won't allow the sale of any product that harms animals. A woman that owned a wedding shop was told she couldn't exterminate ants, that she had to 'relocate' them.

I'm all for kindness to animals, but shouldn't these people spend more time worrying about human suffering? God knows there is enough of that in the world.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I would like to see the lawsuit that follows that one.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Have to agree that there is certain practical issues here. But I do agree that animals have a right to a 'gainfull existance,' whatever that is to an animal, and we should try to allow for that.

But anything can be taken to extremes. Is eating plants not commiting a form of cruelty too? Not sure about that? In the end not existing at all is the only way to not be cruel to someother living organism.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Last month, Sonoma Saveurs was spray-painted and flooded by vandals because of a delicacy that will appear on its menu and in its store: foie gras, the fat-engorged liver of force-fed ducks and geese.

Connoisseurs consider foie gras the epitome of culinary civilization. But animal rights activists who claimed responsibility for the destruction � and for an earlier attack on the homes of the cafe's chef and his partner � call foie gras the "delicacy of despair," born of cruelty to animals.

The attacks began in Mill Valley in late July, when vandals went to the home of Mr. Manrique, 38, who is also the chef and a co-owner of Sonoma Saveurs, putting acid on his car, gluing the lock on a door, and spray-painting slogans like "Stop or Be Stopped."

Most ominous, they left behind a videotape, taken through a window, showing Mr. Manrique and his family, including his 2-year-old son, playing in the house. Vandals also struck at the home of Mr. Manrique's French-born partner, Didier Jaubert, 46. Sonoma Saveurs is owned by the two men, their wives and Guillermo Gonzalez, 51, and his wife, Junny, who also own Sonoma Foie Gras, the only foie gras maker in the Western United States. On Aug. 12, the activists attacked the cafe with spray paint and flooded the premises � to symbolize, they said on a Web site, the damage done to ducks' digestive systems by forcibly swelling their livers.

www.nytimes.com...

I imagine the digestive systems are more damaged by the process of removing the livers than by the process of engorging them.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i dont know about you, but if some dumb as$ peta person was dangling something in my face id shove it up where the sun dont shine on that sorry mother fuc er!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
now, this is the way it is, animales eat planets witch kills and hurts the planets bigger animales eat them

then somewhere along the line we eat them,

but i do agree sloterhourses that dont make the poor happymeal cow die a fast happy death then theres something wrong with them

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mycroft

Yeah they have the moral high ground threatening the mans wife and children.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think that most can agree that the slaughter of an animal just for fashion is just stupid.
we should however be using the leather from slaughtered cattle, sheep ect.... so as not to waste a product that has a use.

PETA go to far as they put animal rights before human rights even at the detrement of people themselves, the hard core members do not believe that you should even own a cat or a dog, even though these animals have been domesticated for thousands of years and some do like human company.

Unfortunately some of these people will and do some very bizzar things in order to get their message across and if this means blurring the lines between right and wrong,

It is OK to kill and skin a few foxes for the movement, just make out that you found them in a dumpster outside.

I really think that the only true wilderness left on this planet is between the ears of some of these enviromental fanatics

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
they are famous at stunts... usually back fires on them.

But on another note, think i could have the fox fur's when they are done, i need a few more to go on the wall... would look good with the other fox, beaver, bob cat and all the horns in the house...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
peta's dumb as crap

just get some videos from factories and people won't buy clothing made of skin from endandered or threatened species.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I love my mink. Full length white. I’d love another one in black or sable.
I also love meat.
Woohoo, all nice blood red dripping with yum.
That’s my choice.
PETA wants to make me out a heinous criminal.
Good for them.
And they’re welcome to try as soon as the quit being so hypocritical!
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black by terrorizing mammals, dumping dead puppies in back of their offices, the emotional distress they cause people.
No, I don’t like animals suffering, of course not, but they just go so far over the top it’s unreal.
For them to have filmed private moments of these families in their homes is unfathomable.

No, don't even get me started on PETA or I'll have to rear up the ugly head of truth concerning the No Slaughter for horses in the USA.
Talk about a bunch of pure idiotic ignorant trash that law is!
Pure BS that is!
Ugh!
I feel a thread coming on!

peace

[edit on 1-3-2009 by silo13]

top topics

join