It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: US Government Running Out Of Cash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
from everything from government giveaways to lazy bums

Compared to other Western nations there is really not much of that happening so it can hardly serve as excuse in this case.

, third-world mendicants,

If you mean third world dictators who serve US imperial interest then i agree.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
all of this debt and borrowing just keeps us under rothschild and rockefeller control....just the way it was planned.....maybe W has the guts to issue a note backed by gold ?, oh, wait, lincoln and kennedy tried that, didn't work out so well for them.....

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
People can stone me all they want, but IMO it has been George and his Goon Squad that got us into this mess and, unfortunately, they don’t have either the smarts or inclination to get us out.

Imo Clinton did much the same but his lies and diversions/wars were so well staged that people mostly believed it.

They’re so busy spending our money to further their own personal agendas that it’s unlikely they even recognize there is a problem yet.

Well i think they are spending your money but it is also true that they are protecting the "empire" the only way they know how anymore. Once you have made as many enemies, as America has in the last century, it's probably not possible to just let go and imagine others to just lave you alone. Their are also obviously protecting their own necks as many of them will hang if the ICC ( or something fair for that matter) gets it's hands on them.

IMHO we are in for some very, very hard times, due to our own irresponsibility and lack of foresight. I do hope very badly that the next President we elect has an actual vision that benefits the country; a positive vision that leads us to a better place;

I think it is foolish to hope for a good president when the system that brings them to power does not allow such men to rise to the top. The two party system as to go as it's far too easy for big business to sponsor both sides.

rather than holding the reigns via the use of mass scare tactics and an overabundance of arrogance, greed and delusions of grandeur. If I held a mortgage with a variable interest rate loan, I think I’d be getting nervous about now …

America is one of the relatively few societies were mass action can and does effect change in government policy so if there is no change the logical conclusion is that people are just not active enough or do not yet understand their role in true democracy. My personal opinion is that Americans have been so well indoctrinated to try fix their own problems, and take personal responsibility, that they are extremely slow to blame the government and try make their lives easier in the most logical way.

If Americans did not work so hard ( and were so productive) the government would probably not have been able to afford all it's foreign adventures.....

Stellar

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
From the article below, which I read last night, the Debt Ceiling has already been passed.

financialsense.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
.maybe W has the guts to issue a note backed by gold ?, oh, wait, lincoln and kennedy tried that, didn't work out so well for them.....

American gold is long long gone as far as i know so that wont work at all.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ah, never mind.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
what will happen when china and the rest of the world decides not to carry our debt anymore??

just wondering if this will give us a clue?

The Worst Episode of Hyperinflation in History: Yugoslavia 1993-94

www.rogershermansociety.com...

[edit on 30-1-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
what will happen when china and the rest of the world decides not to carry our debt anymore??

just wondering if this will give us a clue?

The Worst Episode of Hyperinflation in History: Yugoslavia 1993-94

www.rogershermansociety.com...

[edit on 30-1-2006 by dawnstar]

Interesting read. I think it is about time to consider trading in the greenbacks into gold and silver.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ummmm.....ya, just don't count on your safe deposit box to be that safe from government hands!!

I told my husband about that one, and well, he had some pretty choice words to say!!! personally, I think he has the right idea...he's a machinist, and well, if the other nations decide they don't want to trade with us, we're gonna have to kick up production in this country, or go back to the stoneage...which means, there will be lots of machines that need to be built. the government ain't gonna take a man's tools away, are they, that's his livelyhood, how will they be able to suck an outrageous amount ot taxes out of him if they take those away....well, he seems to be investing in tools, tools, and more tools!!! lol!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join