It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rain and Ice melting because of sudden increase of temperatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The rain and the ice melting has provoked the overflow of several rivers in the north of Spain (Guipuzcoa and Vizcaya).

The rain and the sudden increase of temperatures has provoked the ice melting of the ice fallen during the past hours in Vizcaya & Guipúzcoa. This has provokes some rivers to overflow, flooding groundfloors and industrial areas. Also several highways have been flooded.

Read full article - in spanish - by visiting A3´s website. Click here

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Ptolomeo]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This was predicted, and is very dangerous.

The snow is beginning to melt here (Holland) as well, and rain is forcasted for later this evening. At around midnight temperatures are expected to drop below zero again, so than means big trouble on the roads, with incredible slippery roads due to sleet.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I saw Oostende on the news today (Belgium), the beach, it was snowed!

I have seen this before! A lot of snow!

I am sure this is dangerous, I just hope this is not just the beginning. What did they said in Holland to explain these changes?

On the weather forecast in Spain they told us that the polar winds have reached us through an air-channel... Not exactly sure what they meant...

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sorry to hear you got hit with a blizzard. It's not the end of the world. We have them often here you just are not used to/ prepared for them. Hope all goes well for you.

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you, pavil. Happy New Year, too.

Oh, yes,
it is not the end of the world. I know.

I know it could be common in other parts of the world, but these kind of things never happened here before and that is exactly what we should be worried about. Things are changing... Everywhere.

And the question is: why does it happen now?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I read this morning that it is 40 degrees and raining in spots in Iceland. Antarctica is ranging from 38 to 47 degrees in most spots today as well. Granted it is -18 at the pole, but just outside that it is above freezing, foggy and there was some rain/drizzle earlier. Now that is weird.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptolomeo

I am sure this is dangerous, I just hope this is not just the beginning. What did they said in Holland to explain these changes?

On the weather forecast in Spain they told us that the polar winds have reached us through an air-channel... Not exactly sure what they meant...

Oh don't worry, this was just a normal depression passing by. The worst is most likely over:

BBC News - End of freezing weather in sight

Snow across the UK turned to sleet and rain as warmer air moved in from the west. Scotland and Northern Ireland face ice and strong winds over Friday night, making temperatures low.

But by Saturday, temperatures across much of the UK will rise as high as 9C.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 12-30-2005 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thank you Zion Mainframe

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They are called 'rain on snow events' and are quite common. They have occurred throughout history and are not in any way related to global warming.

Can't blame this one on Bush.

top topics

join