It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vote. What wold you do??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
we coul do what they did in independence day, give them computer Virus,
take down all sheld weaopne and flying ability.

if we lose our planet, they cant have it. use the nuk do blow up te earth

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
if and Alien Race attack us, would you fight to death or just surender?
and if you surender you have to the aliens slave.

I would Fight...

I would kill myself (third option)

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Earth is not as incapable of fighting back as many would think. In terms of military hardware, we may have the means to battle or give as good as we get if the laws of physics is the same throughtout the universe, of which we may not be sure though.

Hubble telescopes that can spot a needle on our moon, nuclear devices and technology/techniques of which we can remotely send to somewhere in outer space and destroy a piece of rock as demostrated recently, missles, aircraft, HAARP, weather manipulation devices amongst many secret projects currently being funded - just like in the 1940s, civilians back then would have scoffed at theories of 'secret projects' such as atom bombs and ridicle anyone who suggest the capabibility of stabilizing the atomic reaction within a controllable device.

In a hypothetical 'alien attack' situation, it would require a huge fleet or armada of space vehicles to carry such weapons to take on an emplaced and entrenched position such as Earth. The logistics would kill and no guarantee of success for a sucidal fight with Earth.

However, Earth's achilles heel lies in ourselves. We may have the strongest armour, but our skin and internal organs are soft. We dont even need AIDS to wipe us out. Just a simple cure for the common flu has not been found even until today. For those who remember the 007 movie 'Moonraker', the premise was based on a egolomanical man bent on destroying the human race by having biological agents encased in a glass vial/globes orbiting Earth, releasing deadly biological agents to wipe the human race out, but not harming structures and the eco system. Was this perhaps a way living biological entities such as dinosaurs, which is not a myth but a reality, died out eons ago, thru viral agents, intelligent design or natural?

Our greatest fear is not fusion energy, for it would take much to wipe out a planet and may not be logistically possible for warfare with a space faring capable planet, blasting the enemy's fleet carrying such weapons if they venture near....but silent, small probes biological viral agents sent from a distance to orbit earth releasing its deadly viruses. Against fusion energy, some may survive, but we wont stand a chance against epidemical viruses.

But why would a hypothetical alien race want to anhilate us? We certainly aint as stupid as dinosaurs. We can build, progress and think - a good ready workforce - as long as the aliens give us rest on Saturdays and Sundays, good wages,holidays now and then, a good pension plan, footballs, WWF, Pam Anderson, we may be ready to be at their beck and call.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

take down all sheld weaopne and flying ability.

if we lose our planet, they cant have it. use the nuk do blow up te earth

Lol what makes you think they use computers with systems like ours?

And is it really just our planet? I'm not so sure.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Even a bow and arrow can take down a modern helicopter, if it hits in just the right spot...
Don't sell our ingenuity too short.....
We've allegedly been visited by aliens (most likely with some degree of hostility or apathy) for over 50 years at least, and have yet to be "conquered", so maybe we're doing SOMETHING right.....

I believe what you say Gazork, but I believe the reason why we haven't been "conquered" is because our gov't sold us out.

And you don't have to invade using old tactics of invasion, since most of the world doesn't believe in other life. The "Aliens" could use this to there advantage; make the people believe that UFO's are a hoax while controlling the world through politics and mass media. But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_renegade

Originally posted by Gazrok
Even a bow and arrow can take down a modern helicopter, if it hits in just the right spot...
Don't sell our ingenuity too short.....
We've allegedly been visited by aliens (most likely with some degree of hostility or apathy) for over 50 years at least, and have yet to be "conquered", so maybe we're doing SOMETHING right.....

I believe what you say Gazork, but I believe the reason why we haven't been "conquered" is because our gov't sold us out.

And you don't have to invade using old tactics of invasion, since most of the world doesn't believe in other life. The "Aliens" could use this to there advantage; make the people believe that UFO's are a hoax while controlling the world through politics and mass media. But that's just me.

Some one is watching a bit too much X-Files, If Aliens invaded I would Nuke the Entire Earth Poison the Oceans, and then laugh at the Aliens because they travelled so far for nothing hahahha.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh please. If you cannot understand the points of view then keep your smart ass comments to yourself. I'm not even going to comment on your "Homer Simpson" like answer to the topic.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by the_renegade]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poison
Some one is watching a bit too much X-Files

I know this wasn't directed at me... lol.. but IS there such thing as a bit too much?

Originally posted by Poison
If Aliens invaded I would Nuke the Entire Earth Poison the Oceans, and then laugh at the Aliens because they travelled so far for nothing hahahha.

Seems like an infantile attitude, if that was the case then the Earth's biggest enemy/plague would be humans like you, not the darned Aliens! In fact the aliens would probably see themselves as liberating the Earth. Interesting point of view, don't ya think?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
we are Humans we think like that. but anyway. the aliens wil disable the nuke before we had a chance to use them. so if we dont get Help from another Alien race. then we are probable Doomd,

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What makes you think that we, humans, didn't bring this "doomed" scenario to ourselves. Humans are good at provoking humans, so why not the IDEA that we have provoked an alien race?

There are others who speak on behalf of us, and sometimes they might say or do somethings that we the people don't quite agree with. Especially if it's kept secret from us.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
if aliens attacked i would surrender at first u know get into the mother ship then bust out the 44 mag and kill me some greys boyahh!

humans rule

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

we are Humans we think like that.

I don't think like that

Morons think like that though. So did Hitler, recall your history! Trash the entire country (or world in this case) if your losing.

We don't own the Earth, never did.

[edit on 31/12/05 by SteveR]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I bet that, if they've travelled millions of light-years without problem, their onboard computer system doesn't run Windows.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

I'd fight. Unless they had some kind of energy shield like War of the Worlds or active camoflague like in Halo, we MIGHT stand a chance; at least enough for them to treat us with a little more respect when they enslave us.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Fight to the death. Better to die with a cigar in my mouth and a rifle in my hands then become some slave to the alien race.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If the aliens are hostile and invaded our world I would fight them. This might be one of the few things that could unite mankind and put all our petty differiences aside. Hey maybe President Regan REALLY did know something.
But maybe disclosure is being withheld because the aliens have a future, yet to be unfolded, good plan for mankind. Maybe they want to help us but have a certain time frame in which they will carry their plans out. Maybe their benevolence is/will be a threat to the control and power of world governments. That would be another reason to withold disclosure. If the aliens are a nasty lot I feel our best technology against them would be in germ/biological warfare. Their potiential exotic weaponary against our missles and bullets....hummmm we would be at a distinct disadvantage. Unless we have reverse engineered alien tech from say Roswell. But then the aliens would know this and have had many years to prepare against that too.

---warpfactor9

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There are certain fates worse than death. Being enslaved is one of them, whether it be by aliens, other humans, etc.

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees! - Emiliano Zapata

If you choose to fight you have a chance at victory. If you choose to surrender you have no chance at victory.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Humanity is not a race easily broken.. If aliens do invade, then man kind will likely fight with the last stick and rock for the last speck of dirt. Considering our atomic weapons (a primitive, dirty tool.. But I have my doubts that alien craft can withstand a trip through our sun) and the sheer number of them that we now have, invading a suicidally stubborn place like earth would be a bad idea..

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gunman
invading a suicidally stubborn place like earth would be a bad idea..

Very well said. If aliens are indeed real (let's face it, there's enough evidence out there to prove it in a court of law) let's hope for all parties involved, aliens and humans alike, that war never comes between us.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We all know that Sigourney Weaver kicked "Alien" butt.

And Will Smith dragged one across the desert with his bare hands in "Independence Day"

I say we have a fighting chance.

Except that every human that has had contact with an alien crapped their pants----maybe that's the trick----that should get them running!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If aliens are real and they are as intelligent as ppl said, they would never engage combat in a planet of 6billion++.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join