It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US pays Mexico 57.8 million to secure Border?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"U.S. spending on military and police aid to Mexico has risen from $16.3 million in 2000 to $57.8 million in 2005, with the U.S. Department of Defense handling an ever-bigger share of the handouts. Adam Isaacson, an analyst at the Center for International Policy, a Washington think tank that tracks military aid, said, "The Mexicans are not going to devote a lot of their meager resources to the border when it's not really a priority for them."

www.azcentral.com...

[author gets out big roll of duct tape and begins to tightly tape head]

Ok now that my head can't explode, how is paying a corrupt third world country to keep us safe from terror helping the US. This the country that provides "how to" DVD's to illegals about entering the US. Bush is an Idiot..............

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The US needs a great wall of AMERICA concept.
1 nice big wall across the the country of Mexico.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
doesn't mexico get enough money from the illegal aliens in this country that send back thier earnings....

another example of how the u.s. govt seems to be working against itself, or more aptly put, against its citizens. the govt wants to be tough on terror but it will not work to stop the flood of illegals across the boarder. they will make it seem like they are trying, ie starting some type of legislation to do something..but no real action is taken....except by local citizens

why would the govt drag their feet on this issue??
maybe they never thought that it would get this bad so they never looked into this issue....?
they don't have the resources .....?
lack money....?
or maybe..........

something to read

"There is a power so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so persuasive that prudent men had better not speak above their breath when they speak of it." -- Woodrow Wilson

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
what if they are doing this not only to prevent illegal immigration, but to start preventing American's from escaping America? What if it's the start of this? just a thought.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yeah well, what can I say...hmm if the martial law theory happens to be true, you guys are welcome to my home over here@mexico.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
US government needs to reconsider paying Mexico to help secure the border cause it is quite evident that the money is more inline with other wasted money programs that do not work.

In fact, we need to be asking Mexico for a refund.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Bush is an Idiot..............

In this case I have to agree with you, I don't think its just Bush, every modern president we have had both Republican and Democrat have failed miserably at stopping illegal immigration from Mexico.

This is what we have now, it makes me depressed to even look at it

[edit on 30-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow that really is Shocking, least the Terror cells know exactly how to invade USA now, just fly to Mexico and walk the rest, scary stuff.

Cmon Bush get serious about homeland security, build the Great Wall of America. Hell you could even employ 10 thousand Mexicans to do it seen they are just there!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think if the govt. were to offer me to cover the border for 58 mil., I with the help of some of a small army could get 'er done and under budget. I often wonder why we are wasting taxpayers money on a system that has already been broken for quite some time now. Take some of these troops we have and put them on the border and shoot to kill on those terms. Soon, they may catch on to the fact that we as a nation are fed up with their $h!t.

Just one example of how much damage that is being done by their infiltration of our country in just the state of CA. is that their health and social services system is almost bankrupt. Not from the legal citizens of that state, but by the estimated 6-8 million that have snuck across.

Perhaps we should take a look at what Isreal is doing with their wall. Personally, if were up to me, I'd opt for the wall and mine the first 1000 yds. on our side and see how long that would take to catch on.
I really do not advocate violence, but the scale of the problem is already out of hand and has to be remidied to prevent futher losses to our leagal citizens.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I never realised the problem was so massive, 6-8 mil people ?

Wow imagine if all of a sudden they decided they hated USA, i mean the most technolgically advanced nation on Earth couldnt land an Army of that size.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
I never realised the problem was so massive, 6-8 mil people ?

Wow imagine if all of a sudden they decided they hated USA, i mean the most technolgically advanced nation on Earth couldnt land an Army of that size.

now imagine atleast half of them with a weapon, the resentment most of them may have cause of discrimination and the way they think that the south of the US is still mexican, thats why I always said the biggest enemy and the only ones who can throw USA/NWO apart is the people from/who live in their backyard, also known as Mexico.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
No sh*t, I cant believe they are giving mexico this money. Its proposterous. The country has improved leaps and bounds with its corruption problem, but when they cant pay their officials decent salaries what do you expect. There will always be corruption but thats not the point, sorry for getting off topic. To me, for lack of a better word this is plain retarded! I usually agree with this administration on most things, but their idea of controlling the border isnt one of them.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I particularly like this part:

"Arizona is the most popular corridor for illegal traffic across the U.S.-Mexican border. Migrants who have committed no crime in Mexico cannot legally be stopped from crossing into the United States by Mexican authorities. However, by equipping and training Mexican police and soldiers, the United States is hoping they will be able to stop drug smugglers and terrorists. "

the Mexicans have no authority to prevent them from crossing anyways, not unless they break a law in mexico!!!

good one bush!!! I'm sure that this will help alot!!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by psalm_of_lydia
what if they are doing this not only to prevent illegal immigration, but to start preventing American's from escaping America? What if it's the start of this? just a thought.

If I was going to try to leave America, I sure as hell wouldn't go to a place like Mexico.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Kind of interesting how our fine government seems determined to follow in the path of the Roman Empire just before it fell into dishevel.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Kind of interesting how our fine government seems determined to follow in the path of the Roman Empire just before it fell into dishevel.

That is neither here nor there. If you remember the Roman empire failed due to problems at home and the fact they were an empire based off of expansion and when they stopped expanding they started to die.

Here in the present we Americans have a problem and its illegal immigration. I don't see how solving this problem will single handidly bring down the U.S

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
We all p1$$ and moan about this problem all the time and nobody ever gets serious about making the govt stop. The area that i live in has been utterly and completely taken over by spanish people and guaranteed that 50% of them are illegals. The cops just walk right on by them on their way to get their coffee and donuts as they are waiting outside the 7-11 for day labor. Traffic in my town has gotten obsurd, trash is everywhere, all the signs are in spanish. 10 miles down the road in Herndon the minutemen are actually doing something about it but even what they do is mostly just for show and nobody takes them seriously. Most people just write them off as a bunch of redneck racists.

Whats at stake here is the middle class, our clean neighborhoods, our quality of life and everything that makes this country better than some 3rd world toilet. If you want to come to America then you should and must:

1. Do it legally
2. Speak the language
3. Conform to our customs
4. Dont milk the system or expect the system to change to help you

Its all about money and cheap labor for big business. If i owned a company i wouldnt want to pay someone twice the salary with benefits if i could get some day laborer to do it for half that if i knew i could get away with it.

My buddy used to be a border patrol agent down in Nogales and he said they told them not even to stop the illegals due to some mandate from above. He transferred over to another federal agency because he was so disgusted with the politics there. When he first started back in the late 90's he said that he could go somewhere and yell, "IMMIGRACION!" and they would all go running away but if he does it now they all just laugh at him. They know the deal and they are here to stay. Money talks, BS walks.

We dont have a say in this government anymore...not too sure we ever really did....its just more obvious now due to the internet and 24/7 news coverage.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think this is probably the biggest waste of money
I have read about in a very long time.

Like Mexico is really going to stop the illegals? yeah, right.
ANYONE who believes that is a freak'n idiot. The president
of Mexico is counting on illegals coming over. He wants them
here. He gets rid of his lowlifes and populates the South WEstern
US so that a few decades from now Mexico can try to annex it.

This stinks! And the sad fact is that no US president has ever
gotten this illegal thing corrected.

I'll vote for who ever promises to put up a serious wall across the
border as fast as possible. Securing our borders is THE issue of
2008!

new topics

top topics

join