It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Ventura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just watched both of them last night on TBS... Forgot how funny they were.

Anyone else catch them last night? Or watch them recently? Its always fun to watch old comedies that you haven't seen in awhile

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Both Ace Ventura movies make me laugh so hard that I hurt!

It's unfortunate to see what's become of Jim Carrey. He once was a very funny man. I equate his downturn in funniness to that of Chevy Chase. Seems like when you start off in Hollywood you still have that edge. The longer you stay there the more stale you become. Richard Pryor was one of the few comedians that I can recall that was able to hold on to his edge for a long period of time in Hollywood.

Ace Ventura rules!

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
haha i like the tag you added

And yea I know what you mean about him falling off. Once he started doing more serious movies, I lost interest. Someone needs to come up with another super goofy character for him to play, or maybe even a sequel with him and jeff daniels for another dumb and dumber. His attempts at 'witty' comedy recently really fall short.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've seen both of these movies. I laughed so hard I was coughing and falling out of my chair. Ya'll are right. He has played some movies that just were too serious for someone of his calliber.

What about the new movie 'Dick and Jane'? What do ya'll think it will be like?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The great thing about these movies is that when your a kid and you watch them your bursting at his antics. When your older and watch the movies you catch onto alot of the jokes that you missed as a child. Great movie for all ages.

top topics

join