It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking perhaps safer than one has thought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Most filters are usually Cotten or Fiberglass with the odd brand of Charcoal filter. All have been shown to be ineffective at block much of the toxins in a cig.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You know, DGTempe was right...

American Spirit used to offer what they called their 'Pow-Wow Blend', which came in a sort of blue-green package and did in fact contain a number of other herbs. It would most certainly produce a brief and mild euphoria when smoked.

I had to look all over the place to find a pack of pow-wow blend last year... apparently they've stopped producing it, but I was lucky enough to find a bag of the hand-rolling sort.

In regards to the original post and the general thrust of this thread: of course smoking has negative effects; it would be silly to think that inhaling smoke would be nothing but good for you.

But by the same token, anybody that believes that the millions upon millions of smokers recieve absolutely no positive effects from the habit doesn't know the whole story, either. Do all of you non-smokers really think we would do this if it didn't make life better on the whole?

Sure, quitting is hard, but it's not impossible, and if we were the hacking, withered slaves to our choice that you think we are, we'd have given it up long ago.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A Little more on Ciggie filters

www.longwood.edu...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The cig. filters are produced with Benzine which is pretty way up there with the carcogenic agents. I know a guy who worked at a Meade/Westvaco plant up in Covington, Va. and that particlular factory provided the needed filters (white) for Philip Morris in Richmond, Va. Pretty nasty stuff. I smoke and can dectect its unusual smell. I might guess it would be hard to detect for the average smoker, but if you ever got a good wiff of the Benzine proper you'd know right away its distinct aroma.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Smoking perhaps safer than one has thought

I've learned that smoking grounds you to the earth. It has the same effect as putting brown around your whole body.

The elite do not want people to be grounded, and thus the global agenda for eliminating smoking of cigarettes.

Smoking safer than one has thought? NO

Smoking grounds you, like putting BROWN around your whole body? Brown what?

The global agenda is to eliminate smoking because the elite don't want people to be grounded?

That is some messed up philosophy. I think some people might follow this if they were smoking SOMETHING and I don't mean cigarettes!

Now....where is my brown sweat suit? I want to put some brown around my body!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have debated this topic on another forum two years ago and these are some links that i found very interesting and could defend.

The Who Study

Passive smoking not so bad?

Smoking Does Not Cause Lung Cancer (According to WHO/CDC Data)

In defense of smokers

The last article will take some time to read but it lays it all out in as much detail as you could require.

If your a smoker it's imo time to stop apologising for what you choose to do with your life when there is almost no, if any, evidence to suggest that you are harming others more than is the norm in modern society. If you want to help save lives light up while sorting the rubbish ( to recycle it) or turni off some lights than.

Stellar

[edit on 9-1-2006 by StellarX]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker
She is 26 years old. She smokes between 1/2 and a full pack a day. She was running track in high school before starting smoking, and still runs about 2-3 miles a day with no problem, she can keep up with me fine (I am a health nut who runs and works out all the time). Her skin looks fine in fact she is the most beautiful girl I've met in my life. She has no apparent health problems at all.

Yeah?!? Wait and see what she'll look like when she's 30:;

...and then when she turns 40

Seriously though; I quit Aug 31 2005 and don't regret it. However, my metabolism has slowed way down and I therefore I have gained about 30 pounds. I am, however, able to run longer than when I was smoking. I guess I'm just going to have stop eating/drinking alcohol lest any benefits from quitting will be eclipsed by the increase in weight.

eddited to fix image formatting.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
You know, DGTempe was right...

American Spirit used to offer what they called their 'Pow-Wow Blend', which came in a sort of blue-green package and did in fact contain a number of other herbs. It would most certainly produce a brief and mild euphoria when smoked.

I had to look all over the place to find a pack of pow-wow blend last year... apparently they've stopped producing it, but I was lucky enough to find a bag of the hand-rolling sort.

In regards to the original post and the general thrust of this thread: of course smoking has negative effects; it would be silly to think that inhaling smoke would be nothing but good for you.

But by the same token, anybody that believes that the millions upon millions of smokers recieve absolutely no positive effects from the habit doesn't know the whole story, either. Do all of you non-smokers really think we would do this if it didn't make life better on the whole?

Sure, quitting is hard, but it's not impossible, and if we were the hacking, withered slaves to our choice that you think we are, we'd have given it up long ago.

Ya they were adding small amounts of saliva in with the tobacco. It was pretty good and I do the same thing sometimes when I roll my own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join