It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton impeachment enters school text books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
For the first time the Clinton presidency is appearing in school text books. Due to the fact that less then 10 years has passed the text books dont make a historical judgement about the Clinton presidency. The text books also avoid going into many details about president Clintons affair with Monica Lewinsky.

www.cnn.com
The impeachment of former President Clinton is in a gray area of history, too long ago to be a current event, too recent to be judged in perspective.

The impeachment is portrayed in the context of his two-term tenure, a milestone event, but not one that overshadows how Clinton handled the economy, crime and health care.

Yet at all levels, the salacious details of the Lewinsky affair are nowhere to be found. Middle school texts describe it as "a personal relationship between the president and a White House intern." In high school books, it is Clinton's "improper relationship with a young White House intern," or Clinton "denied having sexual relations" with an intern.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a very interesting article. History is yet to judge the Clinton presidency apart from the usual partisan politics.
How will the school text books judge Clinton in twenty five years?
My guess is that the the Clinton presidency will be judged the same way pre WW2 governments of England and the USA. Instead of ignoring NAZI fascism Clinton ignored the threat of terrorism.

Im not sure if it is fair to judge the Clinton presidency the same way as pre WW2 governments in Europe and the USA.
Will history remember the 1990s as time of economic prosperity ?
Probaly not history will remember the dot.com boom and share market crash.

Only time will tell how the Clinton presidency is judged by history.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by xpert11]

[edit on 30-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ignored the threat eh ?
Don't forget to blame his 3 predecessors.
Reagan pulled out of Lebanon for cripes sakes.
Way to send the right message.

The blame goes back long before Clinton.
Bush only looks on the ball because it finally boiled over on his watch
and he had to do something. Too bad Bin Laden is still at large and
by invading Iraq we're creating a pan Arab nation that most certainly hates the US. I'm a big believer in the Kirkpatrick Doctrine. Call me a pessimist, but I think Iraq will just become another islamo fascist theocracy. Too much history to ignore.

join