It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 meteor supposed to destroy earth,when would we see it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
by mid 2010, you will be able to see it far away with the naked eye...by end of 2011 it will be as big as the moon itself...by november 2012 it will strike...get to the equator quickly...that is all...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

WHy is it that all of these sights I am visiting on the internet have people with so many views that have been interpreted so many ways? Who knows and can anyone do anything about it? I stressed and frustrated

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

well the mayan calender ends dec. 21 2012 starting what they call a fire year, so yes most definately we will be struck by a catastrophic asteroid, by the bible and the mayan calender are both hardcore evidence this will happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hi every one my Name Albert im from California, im christian and i believe every thing what the bible is predicted and will predict theres a song called 2filos and the song shows all the disasters that was predicted by God, this verse says
30)"when they are already budding, you see and know for youyself that summer is now near".31)"so you also, when see these things happenings, know that the Kingdom of God is coming. Lukes 20: 30-31
from there if you keep ready you under stand that Jesuschrist died and rose from the dead to repent our sins and take us to his Kingdom.
All this is truth if you dont believe only believers and all people that accepted God to their Hearts they are all going to heaven and the nonbelievers are staying here suffering and will meet the anti-crist( Satan)!!!!!1

if you want to talk about this, this is my email [email protected]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Something to look at if you didn't know already is that the earth has two moons now. Also, the mayan calendar doesn't "END" like everyone keeps saying. It's a cyclic calendar which means it cycles down to the beginning. Think daylight savings time. If you doubt, then google it.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

the reason people thinj it would hit in 2012 is because thats the end of the mayan calender an nostradumus said there would be a great fire in the sky i am 12 so im no scientist but i doubt the human race will be alive or the dominent species when the actual end of the earth will happen and i think that neither will happen in my great great great great great great great great great grand childrens childrens childrens

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Please take note here,
I will attempt to give you more clarity concerning theseturbulent times in which we live. If you are a real lover of godly principle you are in fact called to have peace that goes beyond human understanding. And believe me it is a fact. For those who follow their faith do not have fear held in common with things of this world.But instead look forward to the life that is to come. And I am not only speaking from a Chistian prospective. there are many of other leading faiths that feel this to be true. In fact those who do desire a closer walk with a thier great creator feel very simular.
Most might look at this as foolishness, but the real possiblity that this world coming to an abrupt sudden end is only frighting if you are caught up in a life that consummes you in the deepest part of yourself. But by having a beleif in an end to this world, set in motion a start to a new world.
You actually begin to let go of these things and begin to cling to things that are more in tune with your true nature. and that my friend is truth, beyond understanding.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I dont know what to belive these days.

They said the world would end months ago when they turned that big machine on in Switzerland.

That was just a load of rubbish we will just have to wait and find out if this is the same

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
is it possible the bible was given to us by other forms of life...say one of the individuals flying the unexplainable aircraft (ufo) around our planet

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Meteor going to destroy earth that's awful i taught God love us he destroy earth and he can't destroy what he created i want to live

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As our solar system rotates through the galaxy it will pass through a very dense asteriod belt that will be flowing along the sun's polar axis, most likely south to north. It will be so dense that it will block out the sun. It is unclear if NASA will give any warning before it becomes obvious for the 2-3 days it takes for the earth the rotate into it. The giant rock will be in that belt.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

well im not sure but i was watching this thing on the history channel last night and it said that the meteor would probably be 6 miles wide. HITTING ANY MAJOR CITY OR NEIGHBORHOOD ETC WOULD DESTROY IN A SECOND. For example you know Manhattan New York well if the meteor were to hit there Manhattan Island would be obliterated in a second then it would be on fire. If it hit the water it would cause the water to heat up and cause major tidal waves all around the world. For example if it were to hit San Fransico everything would be destroyed and be washed away. Now i dont know exactly if the world is going to end but but if it will then WE MUST BE PREPARED. SO IF THE GOV. KNOWS SOMETHING LIKE IF A HUGE METEOR IS GOING TO HIT AND WHERE IT WOULD HIT THEY SHOULD TELL US. IT WOULD PRBABLY PUT EVERYONE ON EARTH IN TO A STATE OF PANIC BUT IT WOULD LET EVERYONE IN THAT AREA TO GET OUT OF THERE AND GO SOME PLACE ELSE SAFER. if you want to find out more watch NOSTRADAMUS:2012 TONIGHT AT 5:00 TO 7:00. THIS JUST IN THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER MAJOR EARTHQUAKE IN LOS ANGELES IN 2010. I AM NOT LYING. POSTED JAN. 11 2009

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
From the bible:
in a word........
"WORMWOOD".

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i think this whole thing is crazy. firstly maybe u shud do ur research from a source that is reliable, such as nasa news, or websites associated with nasa. no ofence, but these webistes are just scare mongering. if the government dont tell us they dont tell us, and if one is coming there is nothing we can do anyway. going on sites like this just further our concerns.

secondly, the maya callender says nothing about a meteor strike, not even the end of the world, just the end of their callender cycle. there have been other rumors about the mayan 'end of the world' such as a polar shift. the mayans had no (i dnt think so anyway) knowledge of the solar system as we do, let alone impending doom from meteors.

thirdly, there is too much information that dosnt add up 4 my liking,such as the dates, same metoer but some websites say 2012, 2029, 2036, u wud think if this was a real threat (and not jst something the media hav hyped) they wud get the facts right.

also, the reason the government have sed it wont hav much chance to collide is because as it has travelled it has become apparent that its course will not collide with earth.

i understand completely ur concern/intrigue, but it can become quite ridiculous.

anyway, smile!
as the old sayin goes-it might never happen

LOL ps, this is how much crap is goin round apperntly wen it hits were all gonna turn into zombies!
lol

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well if it's on the internet it must be true. After all this is high tech computer stuff that only smart people use. My advice: enjoy now or later you will wish you hadn't spent so much energy worrying about foolish things.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I share the same worries as you, and im 12, and from CT, and i asked my mom about just recently, and i came to yahoo looking for things about this, so i came to this site, and lots of people say there really is nothing to worry about
i also go to a catholic school every week, so im going to ask my teacehr what he thinks about...he serves at the church, and ill post any other info i get on the subject.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

To answer this a meteor would have to be around i would say 7miles wide and be hurtling toward earth at around half the speed of light and keep all of its integrity through the atmosphere of earth. The only problem i have is that everything in space stays still unless a force acts upon it. Like if you were in space in a spacesuit and your tether line broke whatever move you were doing last, say turning a bolt, you would hurtle in the direction you turned to until a gravity force picked you up and brung u in.

The part about seeing it is that there is probably 1 in 1billion chance of this happening and for it to hit earth there is a small keyhole it has to hit in 2010. Alot of scientists are saying that the meteor rotates near earth and with every year the meteor and earth rotate closer and closer.

I do not believe that it just comes out of no where. If so, what force pushed it toward earth with such great precision that no other gravity field would pick it up but earths? This i will leave you to think about!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Revelation 17

1 - And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 - With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 - So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 - And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 - And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 - And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7 - And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9 - And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 - And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 - And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 - And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 - These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 - These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 - And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
16 - And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 - For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18 - And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. 2012 coes not match time line. after rapture 3 1/2 years of world peace provided by anti- christ then the second those 3 1/2 years is up the next 3 1/2 years will be when he reveals himself and chaos will devour earth. so if 2012 was to mean anyting of importance therapture wuold have to happen in the next couple of months. and the bibles does say that no one will know the day or the hour of the coming of the lord (not word for word......off memory) if obama was the anti-christ he wouldhave to join the earopean union

7 heads 7 nations 10 horns 10 leaders 1 horn rising up from beneath the anti-christ we still dont know for sure were the man with a plan and promoter of peace and change was born......... obama

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hello :-)

wonderfull thread :-)

I personaly think that we can see the comet already. I live in a Valley in Europe and until June last year i can see a star in the south which is new. Really. Its new. I look up in the sky for a long time now and first the brightest star were the one in the north. Now its this new one in the south.
In August i was in Italy at the ocean. I searched for this star i can see at home right now and it stands directly in the south.
Its *** near. Comes as the first star in the evening (what before always the one in the north did) and left 3 hours later.

Near...

You all give us special details on comets in here.. Codes from the Bible..etc.. thanks for that.. it helps to learn more details.
Please dont overread me, cause i only give in here a personaly view. But the details i also know and the old scripts and the bible etc etc... Sometimes the own views are more important than any written words.
I guess..
The star is allready out there. And it will comes nearer

Blessings

Nia Wind

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join