It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 meteor supposed to destroy earth,when would we see it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why worry about something there is nothing we could do.
Live life to the fullest, love one another, done hate, it will only cause you pain. Spend as much time with love ones / family....
When the time comes; Oh well that's life
See ya on the other side... Maybe

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
if it happens we should now all start digging in the ground and become hole people, or at least grow gills and live underwater

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Asteroid 2005 YU55 - Coming Soon to a Planet Near You

Probably this one is it. It's coming 2010 and 2011 and it's going to be closer than Apophis will be in 2036.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by logicize]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I do not believe that the bible has predicted this, technically it does not state a day that the world will end ( this is for the people who are interested in the bible or need some clarification, please don't read if you are offended.) It does say that the day of judgment will come and some other stuff like that. Another major source people look to for this is Nostradamus, almost all of his teachings have come true, right?. I'm one of the nay-Sayers on this topic. If today i say a major hit will be taken. It could be understood as anything ( once again, I'm not trying to offend anyone) such as a murder, a terrorist bomb, all of that stuff. Third, the Aztec-calendar is where this has mainly derived from. The calendar ends on 12/21/2012 just because it ends doesnt mean anything, a meteor is supposed to come then, but who knows, it could be that, or something else, most people take this for bad, evil, whatever. I say, what if its good, maybe we will find balance on that day? For whatever side you are on, most of these things are just predictions and educated guesses, again im not trying to offend anyone, im just voicing my opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I know there are some of you here who know quite a bit about this kind of thing. So my question is how big would this meteor have to be and how long before we start seeing it?

Just last year a "killer" metor was found to be passing the closest to the earth, basicly between the earth and moon, and it was only found by luck and a couple of months before it would have impacted earth, had it been on a course to impact with earth. It was all over the underground news. It passed dangeriously close to our planet.

Did you see that one?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Just last year a "killer" metor was found to be passing the closest to the earth, basicly between the earth and moon, and it was only found by luck and a couple of months before it would have impacted earth, had it been on a course to impact with earth. It was all over the underground news. It passed dangeriously close to our planet.

Lol, I remember that one....Tu24 I think it was called

Some people got really freaked out about it even though is had a 0% chance of hitting us.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Lol, I remember that one....Tu24 I think it was called

Some people got really freaked out about it even though is had a 0% chance of hitting us.

Yes, some people got freaked out. I didn't however people should have got freaked out. I'll show you why.

It had zero chance of hitting us, sure, but there is one out there with 100% chance of hitting us, it's only a matter of time. The reason many were alarmed by that was the fact that it wasn't found but for 2 months before it would have hit the planet had it been the one with 100%.

The point is that any day, or a day never to come, we could find out with only weeks, or days, or even hours, and maybe not at all, that the end of the world was there all along.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
honestly if a metior was going to strik our planet in in about 4 and a half years or so, well depending on its size we prob would beable to see it already, also depending on its speed. i have noticed a star in the sky that i see every night in the same place. its always the first star i see, and sometimes i can even see it threw the clouds. its normally on the left side of the moon. it never flickers or shines and i usto think it was a planet, its not becuase i was never able to see a planet everynight that clearly. idk look for yourself

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

It was kind of a pathetic asteroid, though. It would have been a huge disaster if it'd landed right on a city, but otherwise, it wouldn't have done much. Wasn't even big enough to cause any tsunami of remarkable size. A fair sized earthquake in a developing nation would be far more disastrous than TU-24 impacting would be, unless it landed smack on a major metropolitan area.

EDIT: and 2005 YU55 is only half as big as that, for about 1/8th the destructive potential, about 1.2 megatons worth of kinetic energy.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by mdiinican]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hi there, i have to link you a video that shows a theory of what is really planned to happen.if you want more info pm me on youtube, my username is: yomandrun

heres the link: www.youtube.com...

copy and paste it on your adress bar

Don't forget to pm me if you want more info

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This theory is untrue. We have not found any scientific evidence of this ever happening. As far as science is concerned nothing (big) will be hitting the Earth in 2012. This theory only came to be because some joker interpreted the Mayan calendar which says the world will end on 21th September 2012. In any case 2012 just marks the end of a 5125-year in the Mayan calendar. These sources still remains unclear.

Every 5 to 10 years someone is going to predict the End-of-the-world. So take it for amusement purposes only. If humans are ever going to go extinct be because of ourselves, global warming and such. If not just wait for another 5 million years for the Sun to run out of fuel.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
it's possible that the evil government officials will be ready in advance and survive whatever happens so they can continue their evil domination of this planet; that is what i'm most scared of

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
everyone relax and enjoy the stars=1 line= 2cents

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

I do not believe they would tell us because it would cause panic and chaos but if an astroid a little biggert than austrailia hit in the ocean it could possobly destroy our plannet or make life on liveable but also if one about the size of canada hit land or sea it would definatly be the end for us

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
hey everybody just needs to chill if your a good person good things will happen to you.and no you will not be slaughtered if you belive in god while the anti christ is here.if you live your life worrying what the point of haveing a life.trust in god and all will be great

im only 12 but i know alot about this kind of stuff...i think.ive been saved so im all great and wonderful.bye

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by goose

I do not believe they would tell us because it would cause panic and chaos but if an astroid a little biggert than austrailia hit in the ocean it could possobly destroy our plannet or make life on liveable but also if one about the size of canada hit land or sea it would definatly be the end for us

The thing is, one of these would be easy to see. It's quite plausible to miss a piddling little thing like a sub 200 meter asteroid floating around in space until it'd be too late to stop it, but to miss something close to the size of Pluto (for the australia sized asteroid. the canada-sized one would be much larger.)? It'd have to be in the far reaches of the oort cloud, and would take many decades to get here, were it on a crazy elliptical orbit.

in other words: it'd have to be much smaller than that if it's supposed to come in 2012, but still quite large if it is supposed to cause any major change. Odds are, whatever is supposed to happen in 2012 isn't an impactor scenario. For example, 10 Hygiea is smaller than Australia, and it is very hard to see due to it's carbonaceous makeup that makes it very dull and black. It was found over a hundred and fifty years ago.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
aww, i don't wanna die!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Text Orangehi im yaya!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Text Black
its all the truth in the bible it clearly states that god ened the world the first time by water. But if you read on it is said that the real symbol of the rainbow means god promises not to kill us by water anymore but by fire. This is the perfect example a meteor hitting the earth.. Which would mean fire. The same year the earth magnetic field is supposed to change and cause alot of heavy storm and other things is when this is supposed to happen so you think about it. Truth? or Fiction?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join