It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power goes out across Italy...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Banshee has the right idea.
What is causing the problems in the world at present?
Not the NWO...
Not Bush...

but the incidious, inoccuous trees!!!

Is this a conspiracy? Are trees finally starting to rebel and get their own back for thousands of years of being cut down, burnt, and had initials carved in them.

Are the trees rising up in a Nature vrs human revolution?
???

In other news the Italian birthrate doubles overnight...
Italians find that cold pizza actualy tastes good

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Banshee has the right idea.
What is causing the problems in the world at present?
Not the NWO...
Not Bush...

but the incidious, inoccuous trees!!!

Is this a conspiracy? Are trees finally starting to rebel and get their own back for thousands of years of being cut down, burnt, and had initials carved in them.

Are the trees rising up in a Nature vrs human revolution?
???

.......two words.
Sonny Bono.

I think we're onto something, NC.

-B.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm going to beat an old drum here. Falling trees...right....

More likely...hack attack.

East Coast Blackouts and SCADA

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SCADA and the Cyber Pearl Harbor

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
ROME (Reuters) - Italy regained most of its power on Sunday after a nationwide blackout hit virtually the whole population in the dead of night, unleashing chaos, stalling lifts and stranding thousands of travelers.

Only Three deaths were unofficially attributed to the outage: a man killed in a traffic accident at an intersection where the lights had failed, and two elderly woman who fell down stairs in the dark in separate cases.

Almost all of the country's 57 million people were affected -- a similar scale to last month's collapse in the U.S. Northeast and Canada. But coming on a weekend night its initial impact was less dramatic and caused less economic damage.

"It's chaos, and until the electricity comes back on it will continue to be chaos," said policeman Fabio Bragazzi, 21, at Rome's main Termini train station where passengers, among more than 30,000 stranded across the country, slept on the ground.

It was the fourth major Western blackout in two months, after cuts in North America, parts of London and Scandinavia.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If any1 says this was to do with terrorists they(not the terrorists) should be on Saturday nite live. Ok it is strange that first power goes out across New York and now awhole country nearly, but why would terrorists want to cut power?! its farkin crazy.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Its obviously not terrorism or the powers that be would admit as such. Lame excuses like a single tree causing country-wide electrical shortages should make even the most dim of people recognize we are being lied to.

The inexorable conclusion is that the governments are testing something on us and gauging effects and reaction. In a very sloppy and obvious manner I must add.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The present hit list. All occurences are within 40-60 degrees north.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Very interesting, Krillo.

These blackouts are deffinitely not a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
*click* Lights go out.....

Time passes....

*click* Lights come back on.....

"This has been a test of the New World Order. This was only a test. Had this been an actual takeover, you would have been given your bar code, and assigned to your nearest detention center. Thank you for your co-operation..."

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've said this before but there are rumours that the undeground cities belonging to the elite have been powered up, sucking energy from over the world. I don't know wheter there is any truth in it but if there was it really wouldn't look good.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Lets do some Political Science 101. Every country has �political capital�, the means and reasons to influence political decisions. Political capital is described in terms of absolute power and relative power. Absolute power is derived from the size of a country�s military and economy. Relative power is the surplus or deficit of power when comparing two countries. The more ICBMs you have, the more political capital you have. Likewise, the more hacker teams you have, the more political capital you have.

This is setting the stage for another cold war. Another war is being fought totally behind the scenes and can rapidly reduce the political capital of a targeted country. Let me explain. Political scientists use game theory to simulate the incentives and disincentives of every stakeholder in a conflict. The Prisoner�s Dilemma is the simplest of these games. But in this theatre, the game is iterated (repeated) and no one is sure who all the players are. That is not stopping Political Scientists from applying game theory to this theatre and type of conflict.

I have two sources. The first is a professor from whom I took several game theory classes, most recently this summer. He�s Russian and began teaching in the States after the collapse of the Soviet Union. His previous employer was the Russian Military. His job; use game theory to determine the Russia�s ICBM attack and response plans. He, along with four other eggheads, aimed ICBMs towards the most appropriate targets in the U.S. During his game theory class this summer, he revealed the Russian Military is actively �game-playing� cyber warfare scenarios. He put it like this: If a country has any form of bio/chem./nuclear weapons, then they have a hack team. That�s a lot of countries and a lot of players.

Secondly, an extended family member is on faculty at the Harvard�s JFK School of Government. During a conversation this summer, we talked about the PBS report and SCADA technologies. He informed me that JFK has a ad-hoc working group that is also �game-playing� cyber warfare scenarios.

Cyber warfare is real and it is here. If the blackouts this year are attributable to SCADA/hack attacks, you won�t read about it in your local newspaper, nor will you find much on the Internet.

I�ll conclude with a conversation from the PBS Frontline Report on SCADA/hack attacks. Michael Skrooch manages the Information Operations Red Team and Assessments (IORTA) group at Sandia National Laboratories.

Could your team, if you wanted to, take down the entire grid in the United States?

The IDART red team could demonstrate numerous vulnerabilities and system effects against U.S. critical infrastructure that are scenario-dependent and adversary-dependent. We do this so that we can help improve the systems so that they can't be taken down in the future, and a cyber Pearl Harbor won't affect the U.S. infrastructures.

But could you if you wanted to?
I won't answer that question. ...

Joseph Weiss, a control systems engineer with KEMA Consulting and a leading expert in control system security.

So just put it in all perspective. What's the worst-case power scenario, power we're talking here -- power lines, power grid?

Absolute worst? I won't even say absolute, but a very worst case could be loss of power for six months or more.

Over how big an area?
Big as you want.

Is that a possibility?
Yes.

How?
I'd just as soon not go into it.

But you believe, as an expert, a man who understands these systems, that indeed that is a possibility?
It's possible.

Why isn't Washington quaking in its shoes?
I can't tell you. I don't know. I don't know.

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by kukla]

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I've said this before but there are rumours that the undeground cities belonging to the elite have been powered up, sucking energy from over the world. I don't know wheter there is any truth in it but if there was it really wouldn't look good.

The Cabal certainly maintains a number of Phase II and Phase III underground bunkers, capable of sheltering tens of thousands of people for years on end, and surviving virtually any natural or manmade disaster that the human mind can devise.

However, it is my understanding that these are powered by self contained nuclear powerplants (of similar type to those on the X Craft) with large deisel backup generators. Therefore, I doubt that there is a need to drain large amounts of power from the national power grids. Even in huge facilities such as these, they would not need that much power...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Japan will be next. Japan will be the last country to experience the power cuts. Also Japan would go into chaos if the country went into darkness

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
this should be an interesting event to watch as it develops

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Japan will be next. Japan will be the last country to experience the power cuts. Also Japan would go into chaos if the country went into darkness

There is much to be said for this, especially if it does happen.

I think we are missing the cardinal question that should always be asked:

Who benefits when this happens?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Why Japan? I fail to se the reason ...

About who would benefit ... I could think lots.
* Contraceptive makers, candlemaker ...
All jokes aside, a blackout of these magnitudes causes immense economical and financial losses for the nation affected. We are talking millions in losses in production for companies, money transactions etc. etc.
If it was a terrorist org. wanting to damage the econmic state of a country that could be an explanation.

However ...

Personally I don't think this is the reason, it's to elaborate and it's not measurable for the parties involved. So I have to re-ask Dragonriders question.

What for?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It should be noted that Sweden, Denmark and the UK are not Euro members. Also, Italy is the sitting EU president.

I also find it interesting the Scandanavian countries sent a team to study the East Coast blackouts one day prior to their own Blackouts.

Denmark, Sweden and Norway will send a joint team of experts to Canada and the United States on a fact-finding mission to study the Aug. 14 blackout, the Danish Emergency Management Agency said yesterday.

"We want to find out what can be done to co-ordinate the different authorities and utility companies involved when such an event happens," said a Danish Emergency official, Colonel Joern Devantier.

The team will meet colleagues and utility experts in Ottawa and Toronto. In Washington, they will have talks with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Homeland Security Department. The seven-member group is leaving the Danish capital tomorrow.

Denmark is sending three people, including two from the emergency agency and one from Elsam, the country's biggest electric utility. There will be two representatives from the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate and two employees with the Swedish Emergency Management Agency.

"It's a unique opportunity because it was the biggest blackout in recent history," Devantier said.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
OK ill bite - i agree one an accident two maybe but whats going on ? too many coincidences. Italy now - there is some pattern - forget the Euro it affected both member nations and non member nations. More significant it hit those natioons who are smallest in europe - no France no Spain no Germany - this worries me - the attack on the US was centered upon NYC a small part of the continent .

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was referring to Denmark, Sweden and UK not being members of the Euro currency, not the European Union.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join