Power goes out across Italy...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
France has denied causing the massive electricity black-out which plunged all of mainland Italy into darkness overnight.

A spokesman for state-run power generator EDF said the breakdown, which affected more than 50 million Italians, had not originated in France.

france denies to He was responding to an Italian radio report which suggested the cause of the cut lay with the French.

The EDF spokesman said there had been a brief power cut on the two countries' common border at about 3.25am local time.

He said storms in the area were almost certainly to blame and the supply had quickly been restored.

Earlier, a spokesman for Italy's national grid blamed the black-out on the failure of two key power lines carrying electricity from France.

"The two lines triggered the loss of power across the northern Italian borders," he said. "In essence, all foreign supply was lost in minutes."

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hmmm they are blaming all the power cuts on all the private eletric companys ...???

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
hello, been a powercut where i was staying too.. im back at ats now....

lots of wind turbines being built where i was, maybe oil is running out faster than they say, would explain middle eastern wars, powercuts and lots of alternate power sources being built...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
On 27/8/03 (day before London blackout) Georgia a former part of the Soviet Republic with a population of 4.4 million people suffered a total blackout covering the whole country. Officials stated that periodic blackouts were common, but not the entire country at once, and they are still struggling to determine the cause!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
something is going on with the electricity grids.

or someone is playing with the electricity grids.

Either way........... there is way too much stuff going on here for it all to be coincidental imho.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's all about stopping the transfer of money.

NY to Toronto...Toronto to London...London to Italy. Connect the dots . What City or region is next in line?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As some people already said...Sweden had a blackout a while ago, at the same time as Denmark.

"Experts" here in Norway have already told us that they are close to sure that we wont see a blackout in the same style here.... So I kind of hope that Norway is next, hehe.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So we are up to 6 occurences over the last month then. What are your theories people?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Maybe it's some UFO flying around and playing tricks lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i think its either large scale electromagnetic interferance...

or lack of oil fossil fuels ect ect....

or somebody playing about with the grids for some reason...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I remember some occurence a long time ago when increased protuberence from the sun cause havoc in energy producing plants. We might have something similar now?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Have to agree with Lurking above that the countries that have been hit were allied behind the invasion of Iraq. Is this just a co-incidence?

I highly doubt it.

Sounds like some middle eastern plot of revenge to me. Though it could be cause by anyone it makes no sense to do this to yourself.

Certainly one has to ask who is next?

Good candidates would be: Australia, Israel, possibly Japan, and any of the already hit countries, quite likely again.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That theori quickly drops when Sweden and Georgia was neither behind the attack on Iraq on openly protested about it. Sweden anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Krillo,

did Sweden have a major outage recently?

how long did it last?

what was the cause or the explainations given?

not aware of this.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
We had an outage the 24th of september. Many different signals as to what caused it, here is english article about it:

onenews.nzoom.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hey look....another tree.

A spokesman for ATEL, one of Switzerland's biggest electricity providers, said a tree uprooted by strong winds knocked out a Swiss transmission line to Italy.

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030928/ts_nm/italy_blackout_dc

-B.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hmmm, could the recent change in seismic activity and the reported "soon to be shift" in the earth's poles be exerting some extra force on the power grids? Add the HARP system to that and we have quite a mix.
I still think that some group has found a way to exact revenge. There is probobly a relatively simple way to kill a grid and they figured it out

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Jesus Christ.

I live in the Pacific Northwest. Guess what we have in abundance.

TREES. Every #ing where. Trees and killer windstorms that knock out power lines, blow out transformers.

We do have occasional power outages caused by falling trees. Yet......

WHEN THOSE TREES FALL AND DAMAGE POWERLINES, THEY DO NOT TAKE OUT THE ENTIRE #ING GRID.

When we get power outages from falling trees and violent windstorms, it takes out only smaller areas, like parts of the Olympic penninsula, who always have bnlackouts every year because of high winds and trees falling.

SEATTLE DOESNT GET THEM. YET OUR POWER GRIDS ARE INTERLINKED.

Seattle has never in recent years had trouble with massive blackouts. We had a couple of small scale ones limited to smaller neighborhoods. But we havent had pone that took out the whole state of washington, or huge metropolitan areas. Trees tak out powerlines all the #ing time, yet the juice still flows.

AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, WE HAVE #ING BIG HUGE TREES EVERYWHERE IN THIS #ING STATE. AND POWERLINES RUNNING ALL OVER THE #ING PLACE. YET WE DO NOT HAVE MASSIVE POWER OUTAGES.

So, all this crap about trees falling and taking out power grids is a bunch of bull#. Pure and simple.

Something else is causing these outages. Looking at all the posts here, its hard to say WHO is causing them. Terrorism? Likely. Govornment manipulation? Likely. Espionage and sabatoge? Likely. Its anyones guess at this point, except the offical stories are a bunch of pure grade a bull#.

Because, as I continue to live in the Northwest, with the massive #LOAD of trees and constant violent wondstorms that knock down these huge trees, the power continues to flow. And is has.

That is, until SOMEONE makes it stop flowing.

I am surprised they havent atte,mpted an outage here in Seattle and washington, because the trees and violent windstorms we have all the time would provide perfect cover. Yet they go with other areas that are more suspect......

Im beginnign to wonder about blade runners hypothesis.....are the fossil fuels running out and no one is telling us? Because all our electric here is generated by dams and the nuke plant......where as other said areas tend to rely on alot of fossil fuels as well as other resources, like hydroelectric.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It really could be ufo disturbances I know back int he 60s or something a ufo alledgedly caused a huge black out. The electric companies were all embarassed because they said their systems could not fail.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For awhile, us americans sat around twiddling our thumbs, playing nintendo, driving suv's, wondering what Bill Clinton was going to do next.

The came the 911 attacks, so we spend a pile of money and people fixing the airline and airport problem. Economy gets ignored, while we go to war in Iraq and Afganistan. We at home run around worring about our water supplies, food supplies, and shopping malls as targets. Great distraction while the terrorists place focus on their new targets. They leak out other suggested ideas, and while we scramble around protecting ourselves, they exploit a hole not noticed...the power grids.

Then we will fix this and protect it and scurry around...while they plan the next attack thru an unnoticed exploit.

All while our nations resources are being drained (the economy) and the military gets spread out.

If I were a country that wanted to take advantage of this, it would be good timing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join