It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Claus Is A Phallic Symbol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yup.

Read what this author wrote:

www.nickyee.com...

Makes sense to me!

No, seriously. It does.

So is anyone here still lying to their children about this imaginary white bearded devil?

How about this devil?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Do you know the difference between Santa Clause and the corpse of Pope John Paul II? Why would you call the former pope a devil? Santa Clause is no more a phallic symbol than Ernest Hemingway.

[edit on 2005/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Do you know the difference between Santa Clause and the corpse of Pope John Paul II? Why would you call the former pope a devil? Santa Clause is no more a phallic symbol than Ernest Hemingway.

"Yet the cross itself is the oldest of phallic emblems, and the lozenge-shaped windows of cathedrals are proof that the yonic symbols have survived the destructions of the pagan Mysteries. The very structure of the church itself is permeated with (sexual symbolism) phallicism. Remove from the Christian Church all emblems of Priapic origin and nothing is left..."

-The secret teaching of all ages by Manley P. Hall

No, no difference at all. The only difference is, Santa is a fictitious cartoon. The pope is too, but unfortunately, he somehow managed to become human.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Have you a single original thought on this matter? The world is full of cylindrical forms and a church is no exception.

John Paul II

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Phallic symbols are everywhere, but its news to me about santa.

All i know about santa is that the original costume was green, and represented 'satan' (anagram)

The twin towers were phallic symbols, and even more recently, the bell towers in perth western australia is a phallic symbol, it represents the penis of osiris.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think you could find sexual imagery in just about anything (it's fundamental to being a sexual animal afterall). Even though Santa has it's roots in pagan mythology (which was most certainly sexual in nature), the addition of chimneys to the Santa myth is fairly new, and was added in a Puritan age. If there were sexual overtones, it's likely the author was unaware of them.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
THE LEGEND OF ST NICHOLAS

The legend of Santa Claus can be traced back hundreds of years to a monk named St. Nicholas. It is believed that Nicholas was born sometime around 280 A.D. in Patara, near Myra in modern-day Turkey. Much admired for his piety and kindness, St. Nicholas became the subject of many legends. It is said that he gave away all of his inherited wealth and traveled the countryside helping the poor and sick. One of the best known of the St. Nicholas stories is that he saved three poor sisters from being sold into slavery or prostitution by their father by providing them with a dowry so that they could be married.

www.historychannel.com...

St. Nicholas made his first inroads into American popular culture towards the end of the 18th century. In December 1773, and again in 1774, a New York newspaper reported that groups of Dutch families had gathered to honor the anniversary of his death. The name Santa Claus evolved from Nick's Dutch nickname, Sinter Klaas, a shortened form of Sint Nikolaas (Dutch for Saint Nicholas).

www.historychannel.com...

The Latin Cross has become a Phallic symbol. That could of course be do to
the historically large number of P***** that have resided and continue to reside in Vatican City.

Mod edit:

Please do NOT copy and paste whole articles, and if you reproduce ANYTHING you must put it in quotes and give a SOURCE.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
I think you could find sexual imagery in just about anything (it's fundamental to being a sexual animal afterall).

Either that or you just have a dirty mind

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SapphireHarlequin

personally, my mind is not the cleanest tool in the shed...but i still dont have "thoughts" with Santa "Claws"... thats gross..

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Im in agreement.

I think Nick Yee needs to get out more

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

nope, santa is pretty damn phallic, the only way he could be more phallic is if he grew on christmas eve and the chimney was warm and damp...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SapphireHarlequin

Originally posted by spamandham
I think you could find sexual imagery in just about anything (it's fundamental to being a sexual animal afterall).

Of course I have a dirty mind. How dare you insinuate I might not!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
nope, santa is pretty damn phallic, the only way he could be more phallic is if he grew on christmas eve and the chimney was warm and damp...

I suppose we see what we long to see in things

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud.

As was posted earlier ... Santa Claus comes from St. Nicholas,
a very generous bishop from the area of modern day Turkey.
He was very real and very good.

Ya'll need to get your minds out of the gutter.
Poor Santa! Coal next year for all those with
sex on the brain.

(btw - the post about us being sexual creatures is correct.
Read a book on Evolutionary Psychology sometime ....
the theories about behavior based on sexuality are
rather interesting)

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Accept Santa as savior and you'll get to go to Santa's Workshop when you die.

Where he has a huge sign that reads:

woman is the devil. god is a fraud.

which is really strange cause those are Otep lyrics!!!!!!!1!oen!

only as much symbolism as you allow yourself to read into it.

stare into my phallic naner.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's a bit absurd to be claiming everything a phallic symbol, here silly old me just though a cross was shaped the way it was because it was easy to nail people to them! I think some people just think too hard about these things.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Never mind the sexual connotations there is more evidence to suggest the similarities between Santa and psychedelic mushrooms.

www.cannabisculture.com...
Or do a google search on 'santa mushrooms'

The early church knew this and did what they always do and substitute the old ways with christian ideology (Saint Nicholas).

Check it out, but to give Nick Yee his due there IS sexual connotations in Santa but I wouldn't go as far to give him phallic status.

Oh and by the way while you have St Nicholas as being a generous pious man try and remember that he was also a very fiery vehement man that liked to get his own way and have his beliefs championed as he actually hit one of the others in the Nicene Council because he didn't like what the man said, yeah very pious, that was also invented by the church.

G

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
and have his beliefs championed as he actually hit one of the
others in the Nicene Council because he didn't like what the
man said

This link has everyone hot under the collar to the point of
ripping up documents. But no fisticuffs are listed -
www.thenazareneway.com...

This biography says that he defended the doctrine of the Trinity
www.stnicholascenter.org...

I found a legend that he slapped someone in the face at the
council. This site has many legends associated with him -

www.sspx.ca...

yeah very pious, that was also invented by the church.

Considering how he suffered in prison for his faith in God and
Christ, and how he went on to defend it ... yes. I'd say that he
was pious and that this piety wasn't invented by the church.
His entire life was dedicated to God and Charity. If you
choose to look at one slap in the face at a council meeting as
'proof' that he wasn't a good man, and you choose to ignore
the rest of the story ... that's your loss.

[edit on 1/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
As was posted earlier ... Santa Claus comes from St. Nicholas,
a very generous bishop from the area of modern day Turkey.
He was very real and very good.

While it's true that Santa Claus is a child's pronunciation of Saint Nicholas, he is not the prototype for the Santa legend, as it preceeds him (with a different name of course). Instead, a pre-existing legend was affixed to Saint Nicholas.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
just to clarify. the moderator provided links in my post above ARE not and
WERE not my source for the original post. The information came from my personal files and for obvious reasons I will not link to my files. As a matter of fact I had most of that information long before I had a computer. It has been in the PUBLIC domain for many years , even if the fundies dont wish to believe it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join