It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Father, the Son, and ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have read many obcure references to a Shekinah, a female angel of, I believe, Jewish or pre-Jewish origin. In some, she is known as the mother of all angels, in others, she is the radiant angel who blinds all evil. This is all very interesting but one thing stood out from the rest.

In one book that I read, (and this may be just supposition or made up stuff on the authors part, but this information is hard to cross reference with the lack of material available) it claimed that Shekinah was another name for the Holy Spirit, or Ghost, of Judeo-Christian beliefs.

If this is right, then it means that the father/son/holy ghost trinity is really a father/mother/child trinity, somewhat like Osiris/Isis/Horus.

I also read another story about Yahweh, when the world was created, boasting (apparently to other gods or angels, because in the myth no creatures were alive yet) that he was the overlord of all and the creator of the world. While he did create the material part, and was lord over the other gods/angels, he was not lord over one, shekinah, because until she breathed life into the world, it was just an empty shell.

Does anyone know anything about Shekinah?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I believe that there has been a move by patriarchal forces to suppress this knowledge from the Christian and Jweish people.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I believe the concept of Shekinah may parrallel the concept of "Lilith" the first Eve.

Here is what I think of the symbolism of it:

Let us replace the turmoil of the concept of "God" with a word that is less prejudiced. Since the word "God" is interpretted by so many people to be so many different things, then let us replace the word "God" with the label of TRUTH.

Truth is Truth was the first, alone.

TRUTH created the second power out of necessity. Because, the truth is the TRUTH did not want to be alone, and the truth is the TRUTH needed it in order to survive.

The TRUTH decided that the TRUTH was good and the TRUTH LOVED the TRUTH.

Truth is the TRUTH needed to LOVE the TRUTH in order to continue to exist.

TRUTH created LOVE with just a thought.

However LOVE needed it's polar opposite in order to continue to have a purpose to exist.

What is the opposite of LOVE?

Nope, you are wrong.

Seriously, HATE is not the opposite of LOVE, you are just too conditioned to decieving your own brain.

HATE is not the opposite of LOVE.

Why? Because you can not justify your hate without first fearing that that which you hate has the potential to take that which you love away from you.

FEAR is the opposite of LOVE, hate is what we mask our fear with because we are too cowardly to face our own fears.

UPDATE:

TRUTH existed, alone.

TRUTH Loved TRUTH.

LOVE existed (Shekinah)

LOVE needed FEAR for balance.

But, TRUTH can not fear TRUTH!!!!

And, TRUTH can not Fear LOVE!!!!

So how then did FEAR feel?

Love, you see I fear?
L u c i fer

L = Love

U = you

C = see

i = i

fer = fear

Fear was divided upon fear, like phi, never ending and always getting smaller.

So, FEAR HATED TRUTH for not understanding FEAR.

And FEAR then Created HATE.

FEAR and HATE were Loved by LOVE.

FEAR and HATE needed to fear and to hate, but could not fear and hate TRUTH or LOVE.

FEAR + HATE = Creation.

But, don't be afraid.

TRUTH is not willing to part with LOVE, so this is why FEAR and HATE still exist.

Seal of Solomon?

TRUTH was the seed, put it at the bottom.

Top right put LOVE

Top left put FEAR, TRUTH's fear of loosing LOVE.

Bottom left, put FEAR, the fallen FEAR that feared and hated.

Bottom right, put HATE.

Top, creation.

"i am"

if fear and hate are negatives, and Love and Truth are positives, according to the above scenario:

Truth (+1) + Love (+1) + Fear (-1) + Fear (-1) + Hate (-1) = All creation, all existance, then:

2 + -3 = 1 . .. because even though i should not be, yet "i am".

Truth is that -3 +2 =1, or humanity's thought processes of judgement are not what they should be.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok, I understood most of that, but what I was trying to get at was more along the lines of "How come Shekinah is called the Holy spirit, why, if it is true, aren't we told taht she was female?" By the way, I'm not Christian, so I don't believe in any of it anyway, I was just interested in parralels between the Isis/Osiris/Horus trinity and others similar to it.

Also, I wasn't wrong about Fear is the Opposite to love, because:
1) To me they are both different halfs of the same side of the coin. I believe that the true opposite of love isn't fear though. I believe it is not caring, apathy.
2)Also, I have read some of your other posts.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I believe the concept of Shekinah may parrallel the concept of "Lilith" the first Eve.

Careful there!

Shekinah is Shakti, the spouse of the Holy Spirit Shiva.

(Also Guru Rinpoche Padmasambhava and Lady Yeshe Tsogyal)

Lilith is mother of homosexuality, and all other types of brutal acts against the Divine Mother.

Samael Aun Weor

Lilith 1) "Lilith is the mother of abortions, homosexuality and in general, all kinds of crimes against Nature." - The Perfect Matrimony

2) "Another small moon called Lilith by astronomers also exists. Lilith is the black moon. The souls that have already totally separated themselves from their Monad formed by Atman-Buddhi-Manas, go there." - The Zodiacal Course

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Careful there!

Shekinah is Shakti, the spouse of the Holy Spirit Shiva.

(Also Guru Rinpoche Padmasambhava and Lady Yeshe Tsogyal)

And also Pistis Sophia (faithful wisdom).

If there is a Creator who created both male and female (the balance of truth experienced through love) in 'their' own image--then surely the Creator is also both male and female and Father and Mother to us all.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Shekinah
I have seen several spellings ( kind of like quabala)
of this. From what I have read She was Consort of the "God". Yep Just as Isis
was to Osirus. When the temple was destroyed (1st temple)The "God" returned
to the heavens and She (Shekinah) now roams this plain looking for her lost
partner, until the Temple is rebuilt and their dwelling place restored ( holy of holies).

I have also seen someplace that the "holy family" began as Father, Mother,
Son , and Daughter.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yes.

God
is a 'family man'.

Another simple yet crucial understanding that many have not yet picked up on--regardless of name or culture, it is all about family for all of us. And we are all going to be one big happy family (some day).

So eat your porridge and be happy about it, gosh darn it!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I've heard of shekinah as being the consort of Yahweh before, don't know what the texts are for it thought. Apparently there are also texts that have Asherah as Yahweh's divine consort too. Asherah is possibly a form of Astarte, Ishtar.

Don't know how strong a tradition in judaism of around the 1st century the divine consort has though, apparently its an older tradition.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In regards to the Holy Family, the name of god is spelt YHWH in the Jewish tradition. Each of these four letters correspond to thhe divine father, mother, son and daughter.

Also, a great thought on Sophia. I completely forgot about her.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
And good reminder about YHVH!

arm/right hand of God

breath/spirit of God

hook/man/redemption and transformation

breath/spirit of God

It began with Yod, giving life to man, and the redemption of man was transformation into the 'bridegroom.' And now we are in the threshold of the time which belongs to the bride/daughter in law, after centuries of purification and preparation.

The time has come for Pistis Sophia to manifest. And she is.

[edit on 12/30/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

apparently its an older tradition.

Yes it Is. First Temple era. There is some indication that R. Yehoshua's teachings
were infact an attempt to bring the people back to these" old ways" . For Obvious reasons the Temple Priests of the day were not "overjoyed" with the Idea.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Gaia, terra, lilith, shekinah, mother nature, whatever name is given, okay with me, just so long as she is there. I can't see three males.... there must be a female. It makes sense.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If there are two 'males' then there must be two 'females.'

This is necessary for balance, for without balance there can be nothing.
I mean absolutely nothing.

Father, Son, Mother, Daughter (or 'in-law'--the son's bride/wife)

But at all times, there is a 'birth' or a 'marriage' taking place--first the son then the son's bride is presented to his side.

Then the Son becomes the Father , and the Daughter becomes the Mother...

And a new Son is born...

Layer upon layer.

On and on, ad infinitum...

There is always reason for celebration--new life and new love.

Perpetual Regeneration

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In our patriarchal history the womans role has been suppressed. The IHVH

Yod, He, Vau, He Final has often been interpreted as father, Son, Mother Son... Just as the Tarot was often attributed
King Queen Knight and KNave.. Instead of Father Son Mother Daughter or King, Queen, Prince Princess.

Moves were made to set that straight by some soteric masters in the early 1900's.

the trinity is The Father (Jupiter, the old and dying god)

The Son (The Sun)

The Holy Ghost (Infinite Space)

Also known as solid, liquid, gas.. life death regeneration.

Lilith has been atributed only recently to those aspects as above. Originally lilith was similiar to Isis's sister and sets wife nempthys. The dark sister. Nempthys was nature and Isis was light, people found they couldn't worship the dark sister. Nature is never cruel Nature is just. But Nature is too dark to worship.

new topics

top topics

join