It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get you UK GPS trackers here! (PAYG Insurance)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Norwich Union have since unveiled for use their new Pay as you Drive insurance scheme for all to enjoy here in the UK, comprising of a GPS tracker in your car relaying all your journey details (time, location, speed, etc) back to a computer every day.

What is "Pay as you drive"™ insurance¹?
"Pay as you drive"™ insurance¹ is a revolutionary new type of car insurance, which enables us to provide cover as individual as you are.

Using the lastest GPS (Global Positioning Satellite) technology we are able to calculate monthly insurance premiums based on how often, when and where you drive, which means that your premiums are based on your own driving habits and not everyone else's.

Ultimately, you receive a fairer deal when it comes to insurance which empowers you with the ability to control your premiums.

How does it work?
The way it works is simple and similar to pay as you go mobile phone technology, where you pay a fixed monthly fee plus costs based on mileage. A small Smart Box with it's own GPS tracking system is installed into your car.The GPS technology monitors your journeys, which allows real-time information to be relayed to a central computer. Your premiums are then calculated based on your usage and you'll receive a detailed monthly bill.

How can I benefit from it?
If you take out a policy before 31st December 2005 you get your very own Smart Box worth² £200 supplied and fitted FREE.
The Smart Box² has a built-in stolen car locator so if you notify us that your car has been stolen we can use the built in GPS technology to attempt to locate your car.
You can take advantage of a monthly bill* that details all your journeys so you can help to control your premiums.
www.norwichunion.com...

Oooo and you get the £200 box fitted FREE if you hurry! Let's all go get one...

[edit on 29-12-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
HAHA!

America doesn't get to have its every journey monitored, analysed and disseminated.

Oh.....wait....

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sound's awsome!

I wouldn't mind being able to have more control over my premium's. The added ability to locate my car incase of theft is a definate bonus.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I sure hope that was sarcasm.

Why dont we take the RFID brain chip while we're at it? Hell lets all just gives our lives to them.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Nope... can't say that it was sarcasm. Don't really see the problem with choosing to use these people as an insurance company especially with the added benefit of more control over premiums and ability to locate a stolen vehicle. Right, then there's the problem of that whole proof of this being part of the NWO. Maybe we should call the guy who own's the company and ask him what's up with the NWO plot?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
IMHO

Here's the scenario....It's the 2006, and it's around autumn or anytime you like. Everyone has these GPS in their car so they're "in control".
You've noticed that the government has slowly taken your rights away, and they can track every car in the UK anyway. You say to your spouse or friend "Yeh, this government is going down the drain, I wanna stop them."

However, someone over hears you and relays this info to the police or whatever other security services there might be. Luckily for them, they can track you down, arrest you, send you away for a long time.

Sound's awsome!

It might not happen, but then again.....it could.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
see, now we're back into the what-if's and maybe's. Yes, MAYBE it could turn out that way, but is there anything to indicate that this is a world wide phenomenon that would indicate an NWO plot? No there isn't, so then how are we to come to the conclusion that it is? We can't, but we can say that in our opinion or what if or maybe. It's quiet ridiculous to say it IS when it clearly ISN'T.

Maybe tomorrow Bush could claim full dictatorship over the united state's since there's law's in place that could give him such power, maybe any president before and after Bush could have done the same. Did they, is there any indication that they were going to or are going to? No. It's all opinion and it's really not that hard to state it as such rather then sitting here trying to defend your opinion is fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You're giving your opinion, the whole point of these discussion boards is to analyse various things and everyone's opinions do count towards something.

The only thing you seem to say is that the people who believe in the NWO don't have any evidence. Look around you, the US and UK are slowly becoming police states and you rarely seem to have any evidence. Your average post has

"Yeh, it might happen but then it might not. It won't happen."

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Your amazing man, most people here would tell you that I work for the government (which I don't) and I support this NWO thing. I embrace technology and I experiment and vaguely help develop (in fashion) this sort of technology through doing so. I was playing with this sort of thing before the public even knew it was possible.
I have rather elaborate views on how I think people should be controlled in various ways that most even normal people would cringe at, let alone the anti-NWO posse. But you, you are amazing. You show the complete lack of an ability to see what potential problems can be, you don't even ackowledge they exist, something even I can do!
It's not just the people that act like idiots that deserve this sort of control on them, it's also the people like you that wholeheartedly worship it without even the slightest bit of remorse that it's come to this and the decency to at least discuss the potential problems.
Shame on you!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wait, AgentSmith,

Are you talking to Produkt?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm not arguing against the potential. I'm just saying screw the potential. If we keep worrying about the potential then we'll just be worrying about potential's all our live's rather then the actual's. Personally I don't give a crap about potential. Everything has good or bad potential. Just because the potential could be bad doesn't mean the actual is being used in the potential way we think it could potentially be used.

The mighty boomstick has the potential to do harm and harm only. The all seeing camera has the potential to catch criminal activity and put the people who commit crime's in bar's. What's wrong with that potential? No instead we just keep arguing "yea well it has the potential to do yada yada NWO end is nigh yada yada yada". Let's just ignore the actual's and fear the potential's.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So if you don't care about potential, you just....

Try a load of drugs, you might not have an overdose.
Not use protection during sex, you might not get her pregnant or get an STD.
etc...

The whole world revolves around potential.

The Iraq war- Saddam may've had WMD and the potential to use them.
Bird flu- Experts are concerned about it's potential of becoming a pandemic.

There's a big list of "potentials" which determine which way our society goes. Every possibility must be considered.

I would go on, but it's getting late and I have school tomorrow.

Hope you all had a nice weekend....

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There could be potentially an NWO (really there isn't even tho I work for them
). But, citing potential's as proof or evidence is nothing short of retarded. There's no doubt in my mind that RFID could *potentially* be used and abused. That *potential* and *opinion* however isn't *evidence* nor *proof*.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That's an interesting opinion of yours which you have Produkt.
And when have I used potential as proof or evidence? It's as important.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mashup
Wait, AgentSmith,

Are you talking to Produkt?

Yes I was sorry, got carried away with not over quoting there LOL.

Produkt - You seem to have a complete disregard for planning and the desire to at least attempt to avoid any negative issues arising. If everyone had your attitude we'd still be banging stones together in caves and hooting, because we wouldn't have ever been able to get very far without destroying ourselves. Oh wait, looking at some of the submerged cities around the world and the deserted great cities of the ancient people - maybe it did happen. Yes we have to just 'go for it' sometimes, otherwise equally we still would not have evolved, but we need to think about things and the possible outcomes - both good and bad - so we can work ways around the problems before they happen.
Maybe we should just build aircraft without prototypes and load them up with passengers on the maiden voyage, because thats the sort of thing you are basically suggesting.. Sounds ridiculous? Try going back and reading what you've been writing.

As I said I have rather extreme ideas on how I think people should be monitored and such depending on their age and any history of crime, but I'm not interested in making innocent people suffer in any way from it so if I was in a position to make it happen, I would do my very best to ensure any problems that could arise are solved in advance. Unfortunately in the real world the real motivation is money, so technology is released full of problems, the data it's based is archaic and flawed, there are too many people involved due to sub-contracting - hence causing security issues, etc, etc. That's the problem that I concern myself with, and that's what everyone, including people like you that love it so much, should worry about because instead of people being a priority it's the $$$$ and the ££££.
If you don't realise what goes on behind the scenes in this sort of thing and your opinon is purely based on what you read in papers and glossy brochures, that's OK.. But try and learn from people that do know.

[edit on 16-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

new topics

top topics

join