It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William One Sac's Best Friend, SPOOKY!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Spooky

Blog

Website

by William One Sac:
Spooky is my best friend with four legs. She is always there for me, she is the best therapy I could want. She's a little silly, and she likes to bite hands, but that is just fine with me!

Now, with this in mind, I started thinking ...

Hmmm ... "Aside from our thoughts, prayers and best wishes, what better way to provide support and encouragement than to bring his favorite furry companion to aide in his recovery."

There had to be a way to bring her to him, if only in mind and spirit, since the hospital is obviously not going to allow a dog into his room during visiting hours.

Hmmm ... how to do it ?!

Here is how ...at least for me

One of my business ventures is sublimation printing.(definitive link)

So, after grabbing several photos of Spooky from the "gallery", I came up with this:

The subdued wording along the lower side is:

"cancer is a pain in the ass ... so i kicked it ..."

* the photos don't do it justice, the clarity is quite good.

If this brings even a brief smile to his face, or provides a momentary distraction from the pains of surgery, it will have served it's purpose well! IMHO

Anyway, with a little help from Springer (shipping specifics), the mug is on it's way overnight to allow for Spooky to be by the side, at least in mind and spirit, of our "Editor-In-Chief" during his time of need.

To allow members to keep a watchful eye on overall progress, I will post the tracking info as soon as the wife returns from UPS.

WOS - Keep your chin up and continue to Fight the Good Fight!! ... just know that your little 4-legged, friendly and furry buddy is coming for support and encouragement.

From my expeience in dietetics (thanks to the USAF '84) you will, most likely, be on some form of liquid diet for quite some time ... and Spooky will be right there with you!

Good Luck my friend ... and ... bye the way ... when are you gonna get back to work!? [sheez]

Peace2All!

[edit: updated image links]

[edit on 13-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What a very cool thing to do.
Spookys mug, on a mug..
I bet he loves it..

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks spacedoubt.

I have a close personal friend who is fighting colon cancer right now (colostomy). I guess WOS's situation just seems to hit close to home right now!

All the best for you and your's WOS!

Peace2all

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I agree very cool. Animals make things so much better.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That's a great idea, I'm sure WOS will really love that!

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That is very sweet. He is lucky to have friends like these here!

Again, best of luck to him, and strength to his friends. Keep up his spirit!!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well done mate, that's a great idea. Be careful about posting the tracking info though, don't know if someone could get an address from it, even by blagging it on the phone with tracking number maybe.
Excellent idea though, I'm sure he will think it's great

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks Kit!

My hopes, if nothing else, are that it will provide a sense of "home" for WOS during his recovery.

The benefits of "home-like" support, reassurance and encouragement can often times far exceed that which is provided from medical treatments and procedures.

Jon

Peace2All

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Call the hospital if you have a vet slip giving the pet a clean bill of health and you bring her in inside a pet carrier they may let you bring Spooky in. You never know it is worth a try. I know some hospitals have a program where pets are allowed. I'd call and see, if your like me,you have been told no before and can handle it.

Either way the mug is cute and a great idea.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by goose]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Well done mate, that's a great idea. Be careful about posting the tracking info though, don't know if someone could get an address from it, even by blagging it on the phone with tracking number maybe.
Excellent idea though, I'm sure he will think it's great

Agent Smith,

While I do appreciate your concern ... I do have to say ... so what, have at it, show up on my doorstep!

We'll have a beer and chat a bit.

My concerns here are for a fallen soldier (so-to-speak).

If, and there probably are, those that may attempt to use my personal info with malevolent intent, So Be It!

Hell, as far as I'm concerned, have a go at it.

You can't get blood out of a stone. hehe

IMHO anyone who would choose to take such info and attempt to use it in a nefarious manner is moving headlong to a meeting with their true maker.

See ya ... Wouldn't want to be ya

The focus here is on a successful surgical procedure and expedient recovery for one of our own!

'Nuf said!

Peace2All

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wasn;t being horrible, I meant I actually think it is nice. Sorry it's difficult to differentiate between my sarcasm and my sincerity on here - but this is my sincere face!

I thought you meant the tracking to WOS location, I must have misunderstood, I just know how easy it is to get lots of info from very little so I was showing genuine concern, sorry if I caused offence - I REALLY like your idea and I DO think it's great!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Check my U2U, Agent Smith.

No need to clarify your intentions.

We're on the same page!

My point was simply that, if there are those who wish to attempt gain from such info ... have at it.

Thanks for your concern!

[edit on 12/29/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ah yeah got it, cheers mate!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
AWWWWWWWW HOW CUTE IS THAT?????

Applause to 12m8...and a WAY ABOVE...for going beyong th call of duty and actually DOING something cool for WOS!

Thank you very much!

I personally did not write a get well soon on the big thread....instead I did some prayer work, and have been working on sending healing light his way.
What YOU have done however is a truly tangible gift of love and I bet he is going to love it so much....you did GOOD!

[edit on 29-12-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
AWWWWWWWW HOW CUTE IS THAT?????

Applause to 12m8...and a WAY ABOVE...for going beyong th call of duty and actually DOING something cool for WOS!

Thank you very much!

I personally did not write a get well soon on the big thread....instead I did some prayer work, and have been working on sending healing light his way.
What YOU have done however is a truly tangible gift of love and I bet he is going to love it so much....you did GOOD!

[edit on 29-12-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

Thanks RiverGoddess!

I'm here to help in any way I can!

... sometimes I may be a thorn in someone's side ... other times a petal of a beautiful rose!

Peace2All

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What a thoughtful gift!

I'm sure it will bring a big smile to his face.

*makes note to give 12m8keall2c a WATS vote on January 1*

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A realy nice thing to do man WTG, i am new here but i feel an overwelming sence of warmth from the people here, make me feel like i want to stay.

I do not know WOS or havent spoke to him before, but having experianced this before (in the famaly) i have to wish him the best of luck and fight hard.

Once again well done to you man on doing something that you didnt realy have to.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can only say, "Thank You!" to ALL who have contributed to this thread!

WATS and such are greatly appreciated, but completely unncessary.

just FYI

This isn't for points nor recognition ...

THIS IS FOR WILLIAM (JOHN) ONE SAC!! [hoping for a successful surgery and an expedient recovery]

My wishes are for a successful operation, complete recovery and an expedient return to "Editor-In-Chief" for ATS!

In other words ... WOS ... get the "H" back to work!?

Peace2All

p.s. You've been slacking a bit lately and the position calls for a bit more! :shk:

Up, and At 'em boy?!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Some hospitals allow therapy dogs in to visit patients. While it may take Spooky too long to qualify it might be nice if friends or family can see about putting in a request for a therapy dog visit when he is capable of having a visit of this type. They are supposed to do wonders, who knows they may even allow Spooky to visit if she follows some ground rules or can visit outside once he can get into a wheelchair and go outside. Just a few suggestions. And the mug is an excellent idea, just the thing to lift the spirits.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
(bump)

Springer has put forth a more recent account as to the current surgical standing for WOS!

Peace2All

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join