It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exorcism of Emily Rose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am really interested in finding the real story behind this movie.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The Internet is a very powerful tool for searching.

Here is the wiki site.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Rouschkateer]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
www.fotofetch.com...

some stuff here too

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is based on the true story of Anneliese Michel, a 19 year old girl reportedly possessed by a demon, who eventually died from the exorcism rites performed on her

Around 1968 Anneliese, after a major seizure, was diagnosed as epileptic at the Psychiatric Clinic in Würzburg. She remained hospitalized for almost two years, and eventually began seeing demonic faces during her daily prayers. When Anneliese returned to school in the fall of 1970 things only got worse.

In addition to the startling images that haunted her in the hospital, Anneliese began to hear voices. Coming from a strict Catholic background, and lacking any other explanation, Anneliese began to attribute her condition to demonic possession. She grew increasingly frustrated with medical intervention as it did not seem to affect her core problems. Only once did she mention her “demons” to a Doctor, but her concerns were not taken seriously.

By the summer of 1973, her parents began to inquire of different pastors if they would perform an exorcism on their daughter. They all refused. The Infestatio (proof of possession) is very specific on the criteria that must be fulfilled. Some of the crucial elements include an aversion to religious objects, speaking in languages the person never learned, and evidence of supernatural powers.

An exorcism request for Anneliese was eventually approved by the Bishop of Würzburg in 1975. At that point some of her more charming behavioral characteristics included:

- insulting, beating, and biting family members
- refusal to eat regular meals (claimed the demons wouldn’t allow her)
- consumption of spiders, flies, coal, and her own urine
- destruction of Crucifixes, paintings of Jesus, and Rosaries
- tearing of clothes from her body
- urinating on the floor
- acts of self-mutilation

So you have to admit that even if it’s not proof of possession, it’s seriously messed up, or at least very messy. And if you found yourself getting sexually excited as the list went on, go out and get yourself a Goth hooker and some counseling.

The exorcism, known at the time as Rituale Romanum, was assigned to Father Arnold Renz and Pastor Ernst Alt. Through the course of these often taped session, Anneliese presented over 6 separate demons possessing her including Satan, Judas Iscariot, Nero, and Adolf Hitler - which would make for an awesome episode of Celebrity Death Match if they could set it up.

For the next 7 - 8 months they held 1 -2 sessions a week. This might make you wonder what exactly the effectiveness of exorcism is supposed to be since your basic antibiotic works about 100 times faster than that. Nevertheless the dudes tried, and Anneliese did have time between sessions when she showed no symptoms.

Eventually Anneliese destroyed her knees through obsessive genuflections, got pneumonia, and died from starvation. Her parents and the exorcists were brought up on charges of negligent homicide. The defense played the tapes from different sessions (sometimes featuring multiple “demons” arguing) to prove that she was indeed possessed.

SOURCE OF INFO: Joblo.com

Wether you believe that she was possesssed or Ezquiz.... neither was completly proven or disproven... poor girl !

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just went out and rented it, cant wait till tonight to watch it.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would like to thank you for all of your input ecspeacialy BaastetNoir.
I have a great amount of personal experience with such matters and i figured that i should ask around my home board!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
you're very welcome...glad i could help in some way.

new topics

top topics

join