It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cessation Of Dualistic Conceptual Thinking

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The main goal and end of all religious and spiritual paths is..... THE CESSATION OF DUALISTIC CONCEPTUAL THINKING because....

MIND IS THE OBSTACLE - CEASING THOUGHTS REVEALS THE SUPREME REALITY according to (the scriptures and the testimony of the mystical saints of) Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, Sikhism, Taoism, Hinduism and Islam-Sufism).

Ceasing thoughts is the only means by which one's real nature and the true nature of all existence is ultimately recognized and experienced. The ceasing of dualistic conceptual thoughts (seeing things as separate and distinct instead of the unity within all) is the end of all religious/spiritual paths. All other disciplines, doctrines, scriptures, etc, exist merely to keep one occupied and ultimately make one ripe and mature enough to eventually tackle the main task of renouncing and ceasing all conceptual dualistic thoughts.

The following are excerpts from all major paths - from Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, Sikhism, Taoism, Hinduism and Islam-Sufism stating EXACTLY THE SAME truth about the necessity of ceasing thoughts in order to recognize and experience the supreme reality:

Rest of link...

www.clikaroo.com...

Everything I have learned about religions, suggests to me that when looking closely at the parallels between them humanity clearly has been guided (The above is one of several examples). From the context of conspiracies one cannot help but consider that such conclusions should have been evident a very long time ago but nonetheless...

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
But you don't have to yell to get ones attention

So how would you suggest one 'ceases thoughts' Toltec? Could you explain just incase 'someone else' has trouble understanding your point?

~Magestica

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Meditation.

Works for some.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
From the christian section ... " cease from all thy thinking and willing, then thou shalt hear the unspeakable Words of God."

What i find interesting is that it's pretty hard to erase all will and thought if you still have to work for your survivial. I do think that religions all "dance" around the truth and what you uncover by a boolean union of them all is the the closest thing to the truth. Ceasing to think is one crucial thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What if you cease to think and in turn cease to believe or even cease to exist? Or how about someone who knows no religion? This is not something I'm asking for myself, I'm just curious.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sorry about that Magestica and changed the title your correct it. You are correct in reality was cutting and pasting and overlooked it.

Meditation is a response the idea is to put aside the past and future and focus on the present (here and now)

www.imprint.co.uk...

This site as well presents parallels

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Speaking of my own experiences with meditation....

the first time I meditated , and subsequent times, it's amazing how skittish and " noisy " your mind actually is when you calm yourself and focus.

Meditation isnt so much the cessation of thoughts, in my experience, it's more like looking in at yourself.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I tend to disagree that any technique involving introspection or focus on anything should be called a meditation. Those things are more contemplative techniques.

But I am personally not sure that absence of thought leads to any solution to global problems. It may assist some in gaining clarity of focus when they apply their mind to the corporeal world again, but I think solution comes from thought and not non-thought.

Anyway I had better go away and think.

* mulberry you are absolutely right about noisiness *

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Actually maybe someone can help me out with the clearing of mind aspect of meditation:

I have a very active visual imagination. I find I can clear my mind of thoughts but very vauge shadowy "images" remain and distract the hell out of me. Using a mantra helps a lot but not quite enough. Does anyone know how to clear the mind of visual clutter? I know mantras are to clear the "internal voice".

edit - thanks mulberryblueshimmer. I "suffer" from floaters (for those that don't know: www.charles-retina.com...). This isn't something I'm making up in my head. I will search out a copy of The Tibetan Book of Living and dying " by Sogyal Rinpoche.

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ktprktpr -

Try reading " The Tibetan Book of Living and dying " by Sogyal Rinpoche

It explains a lot about clearing the visual clutter and the internal voice.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dont meditate much.
But when I do meditate (in a standing position) I can very clearly clear my head.
It might help being somewhere void of noise.
After awhile I feel as if my soul is rising up and above my physical body, its an odd feeling.
Thats the most extent I have experienced.
I feel abit distorted afterwards but that wears off eventually.
I doubt anything I said can help anyone though.

I do agree though that if one were to overcome his mind and see beyond the phyiscal plane one could achieve what I believe, Gurus, Yogis, Saints Monks achieved.

Deep

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Any Thoughts?

No. I just ceased thinking.

"I think therefore I am" is another mental trap. In fact, the exact opposite is true. Noone can think and Be in the truest sense.

To not think has been the most difficult undertaking of my entire life. You can't think you aren't thinking because that is a thought. And there are multiple levels below conscious thought. There are programs running that keep your reality in tact while you participate. The mind is constantly labelling in order to deal with the incredible influx of data in any given nanosecond.

Labelling is what puts one to sleep. When you label something a whole world of biased ideas, concepts, feeling and such come to the surface. This is the interconnected chain of who you think you are. But in fact it's only what you have allowed to be added by others. Damn near everything someone thinks is from someone else. This labelling in turn cuts off true reality. We all live in our minds with words and very few become "aware" and live in actual reality. Can you look at a tree without labelling it? Can you see another ethnicity without labelling them? Can someone cut you off in traffic without you labelling them? Man was given the mandate to label all animals. Was this mandate from the true God? Do you know the true God?

When I don't think it actually hurts my third eye. Yes, physically hurts. Probably because the pituitary gland is the connection point to other realms. And flouride actually hardens the pituitary gland. Hmmm. Let's put more flouride in water. Let's create high frequency emmissions and then get people to buy a reciever of those emmissions that they put next to their skull. Oh, the actual horror of what's going on few can fathom. And the few that can may just go insane. The prize is not the planet or it's resources. The prize is us. We have the connection to unlimited energy. It fills you each night you go to sleep. This energy is then taken through your emotions throughout the day. Few have enough left over to save for themselves. Imagine if you could save just a little every day. The power of your awareness would rise. We can't have that. Get angry and focus that anger towards others. Get jelous. Get all those emotions and focus them at others. It's a feeding frenzy. Don't wake up just give your unlimited power away. We are the "copper tops". We are food.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
uIVIa

Your pain is interesting.

When I think about thinking, that is, when I think about what is going on inside my head as I think and the neuronal impulses fly around, my brain hurts. Or at least, knowing that it doesn't have any nerve endings as such, I imagine that my brain is hurting, and this imagined pain very quickly has me desisting from the thinking about the thinking that caused me to suffer the pain thought.

Consequently, I have found it very easy to not think, by comparison. It is basic classical conditioning and pain avoidance in my case.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For physical and mental exercises to help clear the mind clutter try The Book of Secrets by Osho.

Such things as watching the moment between inbreath/outbreath and outbreath/inbreath. And holding your hand or hands over your abdomen. It's chock full of usefull nuggets one can do anywhere and anytime to cut through the clutter.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yes, I can feel the energy trying to move through that point. It's not a hard pain it's more an uncomfortable pain. I usually have to back off and lower my focus or broaden it so it's not going through one area. It usually happens when in alpha state.

I'm currently practicing my OBE techniques. It's not painful but I swear I've never had so many itches as I do when I'm shutting down the body. It must think I'm trying to kill it or sumpin. As for my brain I just tell it to shutup or I'll stab it with a Q-tip. Doh!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
As with mantra meditation and other forms your focus is with respect to one thing, the desired experience is akin to being engrossed in a good book or a movie you really like.

And you see ktprktpr that is the problem, I can suggest to you that focusing on a thought such as "Man is infinite, God is more" is a way to achieve the desired
state but that is because it works for me. The same applies with respect to systems of belief they are for the most part what worked for one person or a group of people. What works for you is whatever peaks your interested so as to allow you to become so interested your attention is directed to the one thought.

For the sake of example lets take Christianity into consideration, as pretty much we all understand the gist of the faith. Things reciting the Lord�s Prayer in your mind over and over again, or the image of a cross, or for that matter focusing on the issue of the holy trinity, may not be what grabs your attention to the extent the experience you are searching for occurs.

But imagining a passage in the bible that has special meaning to you, or words in a certain sermon, or an event in your life where the presence of God seemed apparent do.

My point is that Mantras or what I call symbols of meaning, are very personal and while some may seem clearly relevant. If they are not stirring a sensation to which you are prepared to focus on completely, then perhaps looking for an alternative is the best thing to do.

There is a deeper meaning to these experiences that go beyond words. As a result what you choose as your focus upon (mantra) which does work, is in all probability, related in your mind to thoughts, which cannot be entirely described to others using words.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The idea is to escape physicality.

Duality is the essence of the universe but it does come together when you escape the metaphysical.

I guess that escaping thought is a form of absence from physicality though it is not the same thing.

You cannot will yourself away because you were part of the original creation, you can by rejecting physicality rejoin your true spiritual self.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I am going to disagree with you Theneo because my impression is that physicality is a part of the reality we exist in. The desired effect in my opinion is not to deny this but to merge the spirit/soul mind/body into a context where there is but one orientation to self.

One, which pertains to all being living, aware and infinite and from a context in which the issue of separateness is not a factor.

Would suggest this link....

www.jadedragon.com...

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The only thought I have is to still disagree with you.

You are correct if you are trying to achieve mastery of this realm, then I have to see merit in your methods,

but why would you want that?

this is limiting this realm, and you will not 'graduate until you have learned your lessons and you know you are ready to (also desire to).

the universe exists on other levels that are quite different than this one,

where there are planets and other separate entities, we might call it annother dimension if we like,

grasping to physicality will ensure that you limit your ability to progress.

maybe that is what someone should do at this time, not for me to question or deny them,

but I do not see that as the path to ascension nor the better of the two paths one can take.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Physical reality is inexorably tied into all other realms of meaning; while I can understand your trepidation again my impression is that there is a misunderstanding with respect to how each of us is defining these issues.

Nature as defined from the context of a part of a spectrum (in every way) would probably apply best when taking into context my orientation.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join