It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the universe talking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

December 23, 2005 | If our universe was purposefully created — perhaps by a deity or an advanced civilization in another universe — could the Creator have left a calling card?

IN an intresting article scientist speculate that maybe the background radation emmited by the universe may actually contain a message from its creator. I found this verry intresting .

The full article

skyandtelescope.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Very cool.

The article says a message could be embedded in the cosmic microwave background (CMB) - which is a bit like de Chardin's concept of the noosphere, and later evidence that 'interplanetary communications' might be supported by earth's background EM radiation.

It all makes sense to me - and I'm pretty sure I've tapped it. But the signals are getting lost now, what with all the electro- and other pollution. Sucks IMO.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Absolutely fascinating!!!! Two separate groups of physicists for the most part are in agreement!

What I appreciated most is the last sentence in the article:

"Both groups agree that one can encode a universal message in the CMB. But we disagree as to its maximal information content."

I've always felt that the more advanced physics becomes - the closer we get to integrating science with spirituality.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
25 years in the future...

Jim: "It's working! It's working! I can't believe it's working!"

Bob: "What does it say!?!"

Jim: "W-E-A-R-E-S-O-R-R-Y-F-O-R-T-H-E-I-N-C-O-N-V-E-N-I-E-N-C-E"

Bob: "I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe..."

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I read just today that a scientist a long time ago used to think space made music. Iv got the book at home so il look it up and get the details

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Great story.

It's hard to even fathom this. Finding a message encoded in space itself? Wow. Imagine the world response......

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What ever the universe is trying to tell us it is in the mp3 format and downloads are .99 a piece. Copyright issues.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How do we know it wont contain the message in alien language? If we're not the only planet with life on it like us, then maybe the message might be in their language and not ours.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
How do we know it wont contain the message in alien language? If we're not the only planet with life on it like us, then maybe the message might be in their language and not ours.

For someone to go to the effort of encoding a message in the CMB, I think it would be safe to assume they would use a universal language.

Such as Mathematics, or Music which is essentially Maths with sound.

In fact, much like on Contact (crappy film I know, but bear with me), you could have Mathematical "keys" which would unlock the message proper.

You would then get your Multi-dimensional message for building a swirly, twirly, Bible-lover annoying thing that shows people their Dad on a beach and has them used as a scapegoat afterwards.....

new topics

top topics

join