It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Circles under the eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Okay other than "getting more sleep" What can be done to make the dark circle look go away? (I'm a guy and no i won't wear make up lol)

I am only 23, but recently started a full time job, getting up at 7 am every weekday morning. Ever since i started this job, i look so worn down during the work day regardless of how much sleep i get. When I asked people to guess my age before this job they would always say 22-23, but now people guess 26-27

Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
An all purpose vitamin should help with that. 6 to 10 hours of sleep per night.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You should have left out the part about having to wake up by 7:00am!
Some members around here might want to slap you silly.

As far as the dark circles, slap a couple of cucumber slices on those bad boys.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
Okay other than "getting more sleep" What can be done to make the dark circle look go away?

They're caused by improper breakdown/metabolism of blood in that region, apparently its prone to it in some people.

There are lotions that can be bought, I've seen them on tv and in adds, but they're expensive.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Yea I take centrum everyday and get about 7 hours on average.

Originally posted by Dr Love

As far as the dark circles, slap a couple of cucumber slices on those bad boys.

Peace

I wonder if Cucumbers really work? And yes I say have to wake up lol. I love sleep, and I am also a night owl. Weekends i usually sleep til about 11-12

Originally posted by Nygdan
They're caused by improper breakdown/metabolism of blood in that region, apparently its prone to it in some people.

There are lotions that can be bought, I've seen them on tv and in adds, but they're expensive.

Yea I think I got this from my mom, she gets the raccoon eyes also. Atleast she can wear make-up

I might end up asking my moms dermatologist what the best stuff out there is.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by noslenwerd]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

lol it's like you read my mind :p I was going to say I'd love to have to wake up at 7.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
More sleep for sure. Drink plenty of water. Cucumbers - mash 'em up with the skin on and use the juice. Also/or, try brewing up some bagged chamomile tea then place the wet (and cooled) bags on your eyes.

The fact that you just got them is a good sign. It's due to lack of sleep, but these other remedies will help out.

I wish I could sleep in 'til 7.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Hmmm - Has anyone tried to eat lots of fruit and vegetables to try and counter the problem?

Originally posted by yeahright
Drink plenty of water.

That doesnt work. I drinks oceans of water each day, and they still show up.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dark circles under the eyes are usually a sign of allergic tendencies. Is there anything you have been eating/ exposed to since starting this new job? You mum prob has allergies also - which is why people see the inherited tendency.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You might have an iron deficiency/anemia. Do you always feel tired? When you touch gold, does your skin turn green?

You may want to say something next time you go to the doctor and get a simple blood test to see if that's the problem. Then you can just get iron suppliments/get a list of food with more iron in them, and it should clear it up a bit.

I think a bit of darkness under your eyes is normal though. I seem to always have a little bit. And in pictures, most of my family members seem to have it as well. It might just be a certain racial thing.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Are you eating right? I mean, is your diet healthy?

What about a medical check up? For instance, a blood test.

Are you feeling tired? Hungry? Bored? Superactive?

It can also be because you are working too hard...

You see, there are plenty of reasons for it.

Just keep an eye on your overal health and you will be fine.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have really bad dark circles under my eyes, and its not because I dont get enough sleep. My mother and both my brothers have the same problem, it just looks worse on me because of my small size. We've always had dark eyes, I guess its from having dark skin (we have a little native american in us) I really wish I could make them look better, i'm going to try the cucumber thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Getting enough sleep is good but dark circles is also a sign of improper eliminations. The area of disturbance is connected to the bowel and lower intestinal tract. Are you eating well, enough fibre etc? Constipation is a no-no for healthy complexion for example. Also the throid gland may be hypo or slow. Many people suffer from this no matter, as the effects of fluoride and other toxins will accumulate in the body. Dump the Fluorinated toothpaste, avoid tap water if fluorinated. Most cities in North America do this without your choosing. Also don't be afraid of Saturated fats. Its a myth that they are bad for you - consider the best oils are still Coconut oil and oilive oil and may be organic butter as a fat. These help the skin and overal complexion and the Coconut oil activates the thyroid. You can also try thyroid supps like "Atrium glandular" for example. Lower your intake of white flour and try to for the next little while eat fruits like: pears, raisins, figs, and vegi's like raw carrots - as these help remove the toxins in the body, avoid white sugar if possible.

But another thing to do in the short term: massage your face with peanut oil once per week. Much better to use it on the outside rather than the inside. Start by massaging the temples and work your way around your eyes, neck, back, across chest and all the way down to the toes.

No other oil is better for beauty than peanut oil. People who spend a fortune on expensive chemicals; I am still wondering why they like to waste money?

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Cinosamitna]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
Dump the Fluorinated toothpaste, avoid tap water if fluorinated.

Oh boy...I dont know about the whole throwing out your flouride toothpaste thing. Not enough substantial evidence both ways to back it up.

You will benefit from an all out body cleansing but I doubt you'd need that for something less threatening like dark under-eye circles. Besides it would take weeks maybe months for this technique to work.

Internal medication/diet will not solve your dark circle problems since the body will essentially utilize all the nutrients it needs before any visible benefit shows up on the surface of the skin.

Carrots might help...Again you'd have to consume a whole lot to see a difference on the outside.

The key is external application coupled with a reasonably good diet.

There's a cream called "derma K" out there which is a 2% Vitamin K cream. Vitamin K cream applied twice daily can minimize bruising and dark circles under the eyes.

Certain concentrated Vitamin K creams can be expensive. Here's a little trade secret used in spas. Head to the local grocery store and get yourself a box of Knox unflavored gelatin ( gelatin is rich in vitamin K and biotin). It usually comes in 10 or so little individual packets. Mix this little packet with a couple of spoonfulls of boiling water....let it cool down a bit and apply under your eyes. Leave it on for like 20 minutes and wash it off. You should see a difference in less than a week. Some people swear by it.

But another thing to do in the short term: massage your face with peanut oil once per week. Much better to use it on the outside rather than the inside. Start by massaging the temples and work your way around your eyes, neck, back, across chest and all the way down to the toes.

Peanut oil? Hmmm...
Pray tell how does one message an oil on their toes and have a noticable effect on their face?
Also a word of advice..dont put any oil anywhere on your face or skin and go out in the sun...reason being...well what happens to an egg in hot oil? yep...it fries!
If you really want to experiment with oils, I'd recommend jojoba oil. Supposedly it mimics sebum to a certain extent to confuse the skin into reducing oil production.

If all else fails...try to snooze a bit at work
Works for me everytime!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
Okay other than "getting more sleep" What can be done to make the dark circle look go away? (I'm a guy and no i won't wear make up lol)

I am only 23, but recently started a full time job, getting up at 7 am every weekday morning. Ever since i started this job, i look so worn down during the work day regardless of how much sleep i get. When I asked people to guess my age before this job they would always say 22-23, but now people guess 26-27

Any ideas?

Hi noslen/
I guess many have said to get enough sleep.
And since you do say that you do get your sleep, could well be that you are stressed out, being a new job and all......
Have you tried raw potato?
I think it draws out toxins or may be good for puffy eyes?
Not sure which......wont hurt to try though.

Ever since i started this job, i look so worn down during the work day regardless of how much sleep i get.When I asked people to guess my age before this job they would always say 22-23, but now people guess 26-27

Or maybe, your new work mates could be playing a trick on you......
Do they make you look in some circular cone thing, that you put over your eyes?
look out for black ring marks around any circular objects.
This may well be the culprit.
sorry,
:bnghd:
just in my joke moods......not good!
hope the 'raw potato' thing helps....

helen

new topics

top topics

join